It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1940's Tiny Alien Mexico P H O T O

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Does anyone know if there is any further information on this alien photo?

By the looks on the peoples faces they seem to be very curious about the being but I also thought that it could be a regular human with a growth / gene problem

www.alienpictures.ws...

He has very human facial features when you zoom in close on the picture.

Any further information much appreciated

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This is a hoax that has been debunked for years.

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't already know that.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Honestly didn't know other wise I wouldn't have asked! .....

So how / why was it debunked?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If i remember well, at the place of that creature was a monkey. Spider-monkey i believe (long arms). Correct me if im wrong.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by eddy_12
If i remember well, at the place of that creature was a monkey. Spider-monkey i believe (long arms). Correct me if im wrong.

Correcting you. I don't have the details of the hoax explanation handy but it's not a monkey. And it's not Mexican nor 1943. It has been explained as Russian, probably 1950s.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Yeah it was debunked, here is an image from when he won the world series
oks like

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Even though this photo is regarded as a hoax, the origin of the it has never been established. At least not as far as I know.

But you can find a good article about this photo and the different explanations for it in "My Strange Blog":

I am pretty satisfied that the alien is in fact a monkey and that the photo is some sort of ‘fraud’. I put the word fraud in quotes though, because it’s still not clear to me what the real fraud is. Nor is it clear to me, who perpetrated it or for what exact purpose.

If it was the work of a bunch of pranksters, who were they? Did they make the photograph in response to a certain flying saucer flap in order to add to the fun?

Or was this photograph the brainchild of some government agency? If so, which one? And even more importantly, why did said agency take such a photo and distribute it? What was their gain? Was this a piece in a larger disinformation campaign — for what purpose?

A few questions have been answered for me in my quest to learn more about the history of my favourite ‘Martian photo’ and yet many more questions remain.

Read more here (the article is in two parts):
mystrangeblog.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Quite some time ago I added this to my collection. Note that the cropping on your version is different and the detail has been altered somewhat.

Although there have been claims that it is a hoax, and claims that it is genuine, no one seems to be able to provide much support either way.

Cool pic though!

EDIT TO ADD: When I 'collected' this image, there was no mention of Mexico, by the way. It's interesting how these things evolve over time.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It was debunked as a baby carriage. The orignal photo is out there somehwere on the net.

top topics

join