It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We all think too much about 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen,

According to Zen Buddhism, it says that the equanimity can be accomplished when the mind is centered and balanced. The balance between light and dark. Good and bad.

Last couple of weeks, I have created a little experiment about 2012 with all of you as participants. To study the positive and negative aspects of 2012 and specifically, your reactions.

First, I created a goody-goody positive scenario of 2012 and then, I created a doom-and-gloom negative scenario of 2012.

The common result for both positive and negative views of 2012 is that many of you got involved, many of you...
- discussed
- theorized
- agreed
- disagreed
- argued
- even got angry
- and so on...

That all leads to a conclusion:

You (and when saying you, I of course include myself), you think too much about 2012.

Maybe in 2012, the world will literally end.
Maybe in 2012, there will be a new era of peace on this planet.
Maybe in 2012, you will become enlightened and telepathic.
Maybe in 2012, aliens will arrive.
Maybe in 2012, Jesus will arrive.
Maybe in 2012, the Third World War will begin.
Maybe in 2012, New World Order will rule.
Maybe in 2012, something else will happen, while you all think about 2012.
Maybe, thinking about 2012 is exactly what they want you to do.
And maybe, 2012 is an escapism from an ordinary boring life. Who else wouldn't be happy to see the aliens arrive and take one away from an everyday job at Walmart?
And maybe, all your prophetic dreams about the new Golden Age in 2012 will come true and this planet will have a glorious future.

And maybe we all think and talk too much about 2012, while we forget to stay present and to live our lives. Maybe we ought to stay present and to make the best out of our lives, while we still can.

Maybe, we should keep 2012 in the back of our minds, but stay focused on the present moment. If change will happen or won't, if we get disappointed or won't, if world will end or won't, if we will become enlightened or won't - maybe it's a good idea not to revolve your entire life around 2012.

By now, all of us here are 2012 experts. Look at the amount of information we wrote about 2012, including this thread. Look at the amount of time we used on discussing 2012. Look at the amount of effort.

Maybe, just maybe, it's time to step back from 2012 and analyze our line of thought. To see the bigger picture. Not to get involved in the details of who is right and who is wrong and what will happen and what won't happen. There is only one truth about 2012 - and the truth is that none of us knows for sure what will happen in 2012.

Maybe, we should find peace and equanimity within ourselves, be open to all possibilities and focus on the present moment instead of focusing on something in the future that might possibly happen - or not happen.

Peace always,
Mulder

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Spooky Fox Mulder]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

You started two threads about the Topic 2012 and conclude from the responses to that topic that people think to much about that topic.

Awesome observations dude. Ground breaking. Truly.

Of course, looking at the amount of threads you have started on the topic, I could conclude that you are merely projecting.
Or it could be transference?

[edit on 2/11/09 by atlasastro]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Nobody cares about the "End of the World" scenario. Why? Because it's been overly abused like a 3am hooker, nobody cares, nobody looks, it's not really there.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

2012 is just another day or event that everyone plays on because either prediction or whatever. The government will play on this also as well as the media and everyone looking for I told you so!

All of this keeps you looking around in wonderment and keeps you worried about the next round. A little word of advice........... With all that is happening in the world I only do one thing?

I don't buy any “green bananas”, you can only change the politcal world, and you not going to stop if and when the world ends by a natural event. Keep a eye on man and the heavens will do what they have always done!

Tru

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Last couple of weeks, I have created a little experiment about 2012 with all of you as participants. To study the positive and negative aspects of 2012 and specifically, your reactions.

I guess the gazilion threads about it weren't enough for your test, so you had to create a few of your own?

Makes sense...

The fact that you felt the need to 'study' other's responses kind of gives me the impression that you actually think about the subject more than other people.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by truskeptic

2012 is just another day or event that everyone plays on because either prediction or whatever. The government will play on this also as well as the media and everyone looking for I told you so!

Already now, we can see that 2012 is becoming mainstream. After the 2012 Movie hits the cinemas, we can start a Paris Hilton Welcome Committee here on ATS. Hundreds and hundreds 2012-enlightened people will join the bandwagon here on ATS.

Perhaps all the prophetic things will come true on 2012.
Perhaps all the prophetic things won't come true on 2012.

Who knows...

And perhaps, we should concentrate on the present moment and live our lives and make the best of it, yet keeping 2012 on the back of our minds and keeping our eyes open.

But not to revolving our entire lives around what will or won't happen in 2012.

Peace,
Mulder

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Spooky Fox Mulder]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

Hmmmm... I don't know Spooky... I'm not really buying it mate! This information could have been gathered from any one of the countless threads dedicated to the topic. I'm not sure your recent threads shone any new light on the topic or the psychology behind the beliefs whatsoever.

However, I will agree with you on one point. People ruminate over 2012 far too much. Speaking for myself and many others on the forum... the only time I think about it is when I see a thousand and one bogus claims about the topic being passed off as some kind of truth... or even proof. Often those thoughts are ones of disgust and sorrow for my fellow human beings.

In all honesty I read the threads and my only thoughts are "What is happening to the world"? "Why have so many people lost their minds"? It's only these things that make me fear for our future as a race. I see a rapid devolution of human intelligence... and that is the only thing that is sobering to me.

IRM :shk:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I don't understand why you couldn't have just glanced at the threads in this forum, looked at the titles and then draw your own conclusion from those. Seems like a lot of effort for something that wasn't necessary.

atlasastro may be on to something with the psychoanalysis.

top topics

join