It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drive-by shooting apparently targeted Seattle police at random

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Drive-by shooting apparently targeted Seattle police at random

seattletimes.nwsource.com

Seattle police say the fatal drive-by shooting of veteran Officer Timothy Brenton on Saturday night represented something the department had not seen before: the apparent targeting of police at random.

"It was incredibly brazen and bold," said Assistant Police Chief Jim Pugel, who called the shooting an "assassination."

Brenton, 39, a field training officer, and officer-trainee Britt Sweeney were seated in their parked squad car when Sweeney sensed danger over her left shoulder and yelled
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Foreign Terrorist? or Domestic Terrorists? or a lone guy with a grudge against the police? Or gangs related?

I don't know if I have ever heard of the police being targeted with drive by shootings before.

In todays sick and twisted world this doesn't surprise me at all.

What do you think this was? A organized attack against the police or just another random act of violence. With all the bad press the police get mostly in the form of citizens capturing police brutality against citizens on video the outrage will someday IMO could turn to retaliation.

seattletimes.nwsource.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Foreign Terrorist? or Domestic Terrorists? or a lone guy with a grudge against the police? Or gangs related?

I don't know if I have ever heard of the police being targeted with drive by shootings before.

I've been told that this has been occurring on the west coast for many years. They said that gangs actually hunt police to initiate new gang members.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This was an interesting thread to find, considering what happened yesterday.

Could there be a connection??

Nevermind. That happened in Tacoma and it was just Seattle reporting it. My bad.

Still a lot of cop shootings in that state it seems.

[edit on 11/30/2009 by Jessicamsa]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
its a sad day towards the police officers at lakewood and there family ect and the city its happens to a nice police officers that will never see xmas ect and I hope they kind the killer who did it etc bring that person justice and my prayers goes out the family and the loves one they left behind and the many men and women who looking out for the killer and pay it safe and hope many other people can pay there respect to the lakewood police department for there lost that day

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
We all know it is related to something, the police are just covering uop there crimes as normal.

They should just tell school kids to join the police and murder any person you want in life, with no reason other than your vendettas.

new topics

top topics

join