It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking negativly is good for you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Well, well, well...

If its dont eat apples this week as they give you cancer, or eat more crap becsuse its good for you this week, we got our weekly dose of good advice and that is to think negatively.

Come on everybody, we all need to think negatively.

Think negatively it improves your memory

Give it a week or two, and they will say that thinking positively is good for you.

Its a crazy world.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by multichild

Oh no, all that positive thinking has done me bad!

Oh wait.

Thats better.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I cant believe your chuckling!

Havent you heared, chuckling (laughing) gives you prostate trouble, if your girl it could be worse.

Thats more like it, phew you know I can feel it already.

It does work.

[edit on 2/11/09 by multichild]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Personally, I think it should be "Reading about what's bad for your health" is bad for your health.

I wouldn't take those health advice articles too seriously. I've seen them go back and forth on so many things. When I was a kid, you had to have "red meat" every day, or you'd get weak and sick. Then they said that red meat is poison, it will kill you, never eat it. Now they're saying it's OK. And so on. They used to tell us we needed to drink 8 glasses of water each day. Now they say we don't, and that those who do place an unnecessary burden o the kidneys and heart (fluid overload).

I can't say my way is best, but mostly I eat when I'm hungry, drink when I'm thirsty, and try to keep everything in moderation. Doesn't always work - I can eat a half-gallon of ice cream in one sitting, or a whole pepperoni, sausage, and garlic pizza by myself (along with a six pack of coke). But most of the time I keep it within reason. I'm doing OK, yet I don't have to try to get by on granola and alfalfa sprouts.

As for thinking negatively - maybe it helps memory, but in my experience it's not so great for you. Things seem to go better when I'm able to keep upbeat, to be optimistic. Maybe being able to forget, lets you stay more positive...

top topics

join