It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallels of the Obama Administration to the Lizards in New ABC Series of "V"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Imagine this. At a time of political turmoil, a charismatic, telegenic new leader arrives virtually out of nowhere. He offers a message of hope and reconciliation based on compromise and promises to marshal technology for a better future that will include universal health care.

The news media swoons in admiration -- one simpering anchorman even shouts at a reporter who asks a tough question: ``Why dont you show some respect?!!'' The public is likewise smitten, except for a few nut cases who circulate batty rumors on the Internet about the leader's origins and intentions. The leader, undismayed, offers assurances that are soothing, if also just a tiny bit condescending: ``Embracing change is never easy.''

So, does that sound like anyone you know? Oh, wait -- did I mention the leader is secretly a totalitarian space lizard who's come here to eat us?

Welcome to ABC's V, the final, the most fascinating and bound to be the most controversial new show of the fall television season. Nominally a rousing sci-fi space opera about alien invaders bent on the conquest (and digestion) of all humanity, it's also a barbed commentary on Obamamania that will infuriate the president's supporters and delight his detractors.

``We're all so quick to jump on the bandwagon,'' observes one character. ``A ride on the bandwagon, it sounds like fun. But before we get on, let us at least make sure it is sturdy.''

www.miamiherald.com...

It should be interesting. Today all day they showed on the sci-fi, or syfy channel most of the old episodes of "V", and although as far as we know the Obama administration hasn't sent their youths, and robots to detain those who question him, and his administration, we know that the Obama administration has been trying to shut down those who are critical of them. From Fox News, to conservative talk hosts which the Obama administration wants to shut down. Not to mention the channel which the administration has taken over, MSNBC, and those who post no criticism whatsoever of the Obama administration...

Obviously the Obama administration, and President Obama himself are not aware that they are in the Republic of the United States of America.... This isn't Venezuela, nor Cuba, nor the old U.S.S.R., nor even 1930s Germany, but there are too many parallels between all those dictatorships and what is happening in the Republic of the United States of America not to notice.

I am sure there are Obama fans already infiltrated this website, and others and who have, and will continue to "snitch" to the Obama administration anyone that is critical of the Obama administration's policies.

Anyway, to anyone interested the new miniseries starts on ABC on November 3rd.
abc.go.com...

May FREEDOM OF SPEECH live long and prosper, even when those in power are trying to shut down all criticism...

[edit on 2-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Shoot! Has this site really been infiltrated already? I thought this was a safe haven from the liberal, scaley communist menace. We'll have to start communicating in lizard-language...I think that might involve hissing?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I was watching a couple of those old episodes of "V" on Sci-fi. That was my first time to ever see it. Funny.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Juicy rats...hmmmm

Do we at least get the technological medical breakthroughs?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I think artists use lies to guide viewers towards truth with certain things.(Aliens = Demons) (Storyline = Revelations). I have not watched the series but I can see parallels with what you have written in the OP.

Whats the chances that the man in question would do this constantly and everyone would say its complete crap....

Anyone can check it out for themselves using a number of free audio programs, a simple reverse will let you hear his blasphemies if you need too.

People really need to list the characteristics of the anti-christ and look at just how many this man meets right now. Theres 19 and he meets 15, it is still growing.

Anyways, forget I even mentioned, I am obviously just an Obama hater or delusional.

Still worth mentioning I think.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

There is one more that "yes we can" backwards you can hear "thank you satan", and Obama has repeated in many of his speeches this many times. Up to 7 times in at least one speech.

www.liveleak.com...

Kind of a strange coincidence isn't it? or is it more than coincidence?

Remember that this is the same president to whom the inauguration was spent more than any other presidential inauguration before, and this at a time when they knew we were in an economic crisis, and they made the inauguration with a Greek/Roman temple setting.

Why spend so much money when they knew we were in trouble, unless it has a meaning that they needed to show?

Was Obama represented as a caesar?... or as a greek/Roman God?...

Obama has been called a "God" by some lunatics, I mean fans, and leftist Evan thomas of Newsweek called him "he's sort of God"

Newsweek editor Evan Thomas brought adulation over President Obama’s Cairo speech to a whole new level on Friday, declaring on MSNBC: "I mean in a way Obamas standing above the country, above – above the world, hes sort of God."

newsbusters.org...

That's the stupid adulation towards Obama that his dying fans have...and the idiots believe it...

[edit on 3-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Found another article about this.

ABC’s Alien Invasion Drama “V” Is Too Real for the Obama Administration

When I first heard liberals howling about supposed anti-Obama messages in ABC’s new sci-fi drama “V,” I rolled my eyes. The story of Earth falling for the false promises of sinister aliens may sound like the Barack Obama Hope-&-Change Tour 2008, but it’s hardly a new theme for the science-fiction genre—not only did “The Twilight Zone” famously tackle it way back when, but “V” itself is actually a direct remake of a TV miniseries that first aired in 1983. Any resemblance between the 44th President and two-faced space lizards had to be coincidental…at least, that’s what I thought before Sean Hannity aired clips from the new show.

The first clip shows a gullible teenager eagerly promoting the Vs’ agenda through the World Wide Web:

I’m not obsessed…well, y’know what, the Vs, they call it spreading hope.

Okay, maybe that does sound kind of familiar. Next, Hannity highlights a scene in which an attractive, smooth-talking V representative sits down for an interview:

V: Be sure not to ask anything that would paint us in a negative light.

HOST: Excuse me?

V: Don’t ask any questions that would portray us negatively.

HOST: This is just how it’s done. I swear I’ll be fair.

V: You’ll need to be more than fair if you want to proceed. We can’t be seen in a negative light…We want to provide complete medical services to all.

HOST: You’re talking about universal healthcare.

V: I believe that’s what you call it, yes.

[emphasis added]

Stop the presses! Hope-bringers who won’t tolerate an adversarial media, because it would distract people from the cause of health care reform? It’s certainly a breath of fresh air from mainstream entertainment’s usual modus operandi. Now that’s change we can believe in!

Somebody in Hollywood must have been asleep at the switch in order for “V’s” thoughtcrimes to make it past the drawing board, but now that the Left has noticed, it’s time to crack down:

newsrealblog.com...

Apparently the Obama administration is not liking the similarities that the new "V" program has with their "promises of hope, and universal healthcare" etc.

The funny thing is that the show was written during the Bush administration, and it has stayed loyal to the original show, where the Vs (Visitors) promise to provide Universal Healthcare when it is nothing more than a sham to take over the world.

The new series was also written by a gay Canadian who came to the U.S. and tried to beat the deadline of becoming an American to vote for Obama. All of this is stated in one of the responses in the above article.

Anyways, the parallels are so strinkingly similar that many fans of President Obama and the Obama administration are not liking this.

I wonder if they will try to stop the show, just liek they have tried to shut down conservative talk hosts/shows, and have been taking over television channels like MSNBC to "give the right information to people"
When what they are doing is lying to push forward their agenda.

Perhaps we should start calling the Obama administrationas "the Visitors" or "the Vs"

[edit on 27-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Provide evidence of claims or don't make them.

If Obama has tried to 'shut down critical talk shows' or kill fox news, present evidence of that. The only people who are going to have a problem with this are charlatans and the ignorant. So if you feel compelled to make claims, and call them statements of fact, be sure to back them up.

That said.. Is this really ATS news?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
My favorite bit of V so far was in this week's episode where they found the "vitamin" injections and said it was destined for the flu vaccines.

But then they blew up the lab. *sigh* Too bad that's fiction.

top topics

join