It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No "greys" for astronaut Gordon Cooper!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I always wondered how the Gov't keeps the astronaut's silenced.. I don't think every astronaut has seen something but clearly a few have. What does the government threaten them with? Something that scares the sh** out of them because except for Cooper none have talked. I have a feeling Story Muscrave will talk sometime soon. At least I hope he does..

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Molan27
I always wondered how the Gov't keeps the astronaut's silenced.. I don't think every astronaut has seen something but clearly a few have. What does the government threaten them with? Something that scares the sh** out of them because except for Cooper none have talked. I have a feeling Story Muscrave will talk sometime soon. At least I hope he does..

They do talk; Story Musgrave talks. They just say things that UFO nuts don't want to hear. So their comments are not reported, and the nutters have to smear them as scared liars, as you clearly implied. Shameful.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by sphinx551

The things you take contention with are well established Scientific FACT.

Still doesn't mean it's truly fact if it's supported by most people.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by 0bserver1
Great find

Well he did say he saucer landing in the desert,so you can assume he knows more.

Where were all you eager believers in the early 1990s when Cooper was raising private capital for those bogus aviation engineering projects? If you'd lost all your life savings, as so many of his other target audience did when they trusted him with their money, you might be a little less slobberingly in love with the hero image.

Say.. it's not too late. Why don't you track down some of those victims and buy some of their worthless certificates off of them. After all, Cooper told them to trust him and give over the money... and they did. You still can too.

Not 100% sure what this whole "bogus aviation engineering project" is about, but it seems like you are trying to completley discredit this man because he made some mistakes with investors money.

Sometimes projects go under, and people lose money. If it was some sort of scam, and Cooper was knowingly involved, he would have been held accountable by the US criminal justice system.

If you look hard enough, you are going to find blemishes in anyones past. Does this mean that everything they do and say is a farce?

This guy Cooper strikes me as a stright shooter. This guy JimOberg doesnt.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

They do talk; Story Musgrave talks. They just say things that UFO nuts don't want to hear. So their comments are not reported, and the nutters have to smear them as scared liars, as you clearly implied. Shameful.

You sure like to throw around the term "UFO nuts" don't you? I have seen a UFO with my own eyes. What I saw was exactly what I have seen described by countless "UFO nuts". Does this make me a UFO nut? I want to know exacty what the requirements are to fit into this classification.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Jim, could you elaborate about the comments of Story Musgrave that he says things that UFO nuts don't want to hear.

The only reason I ask is I had the opportunity to have lunch with Charles D. Clary and when I did ask him regarding the existance of UFO's, all he could say was something to the effect, "you'll have to talk with Story about stuff like that. I won't comment on it further."

I'm sure you know him (Close-out Crew, Mercury through Skylab) and he's not one to make light of a subject such as this. There had to be a reason for his response.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Gordon Cooper is a hero of mine I followed as a boy since his Mercury flight. An excellent example of what an American, good person and brave and honest member of the species is.

His account of the lake bed landing with several cameras rolling must have shaken the secret keepers to their shorts.

This man in my opinion is above reproach and if he said the sun was a ball of coal, I would consider it.

It is men like that of uncommon bravery and honesty who should be our childrens heroes, and not gun in pants angry sports and rap slaps.

I was lucky to be born at a time of real heroes like this man and some of his colleagues showed us what it was to be the brave explorer species we truly are. I hope I have but a single grain of their character in my heart. I would be much better for it.

S/F & Thanks

ZG

[edit on 11/3/2009 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
China, India, France, Mexico, and Belgium.. what do these countries have in common? they already told their people ETs exist... Years ago. the UK gov't is slowly leaking their info to the people but America... Oh, America.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oldnslo

Jim, could you elaborate about the comments of Story Musgrave that he says things that UFO nuts don't want to hear.

Interviews such as these:

Story Musgrave on UFOs in Space

www.omnimag.com...

OMNI: What inexplicable things have you seen out there?
Musgrave: You see satellites. I've seen Mir go by within 28 miles; other satellites and you don't know what they are, but maybe just space debris. All kinds of debris come off space ships, especially at the back end after the main engines shut down and you open the doors: ice chips, oxygen or hydrogen, stuff dumped from the engines. On two flights I've seen and photographed what I call "the snake," like a seven-foot eel swimming out there. It may be an uncritical rubber seal from the main engines. In zero g it's totally free to maneuver, and it has its own internal waves like it's swimming. All this debris is white, reflecting sunlight, or you don't see it. Cruising along with you at your velocity, it's still got its own rotation. At zero g, things have an incredible freedom. It's an extraordinary ballet.

OMNI Could there be a space ship in our galaxy?

Musgrave Sure. I think there's spaceflight going on in our 100 billion stars. And if they were in our solar system they'd be contacting us.

OMNI There are those who believe beings have already made contact, and that the government doesn't want to tell us. And we'll never know the answer to that.

Musgrave Yeah, we will. But I believe the government has told me all there is to know about classified things, and I do not believe there is any information relating to UFOs that they're keeping from us.

OMNI Who do you think is out there?

Musgrave Living creatures far more developed as civilizations. They've been around for 100 million years, and we can't even conceive how advanced they are and the kinds of things they're doing. That's why I make an effort to communicate, and might be considered eccentric because I do, because I know the probabilities are close to zero. But I do tell them to come down and get me.

OMNI How would you signal them?

Musgrave Let's just say I express a desire that whatever is out there would come down and get me. And if they came for me, unconditionally, I'd go. If they're that advanced, they probably know my requirements in terms of oxygen, pressure, and other things. If dimensions exist that are beyond our conceptual ability, they define reality also. I do not impose my limitations on the system. I recognize that this room is not this room, but only the way I perceive it. The signature a bat has of this room, seeing it in ultrasound, or a fly with that great big eye it has--neither looks upon my reality as I do. It's frightening to realize I'm in an environment that is nothing like the reality I perceive. My perceptions are there for one reason: I survive in this environment. There is no reality anywhere of anything. So in this situation, how do we transcend space? The speed of light appears to be a block so that, based on what we know now, we'll never go anywhere. We might be able to use electromagnetic energy, which does go at the speed of light. If you encode this energy you send out, maybe it's possible.

====

Date: 3/15/01 10:33 AM Central Standard Time

Story Musgrave also said the following:

Direct quote from Dr. Story Musgrave, Senior NASA Astronaut, taken from "Sightings," Sunday, April 9, 1995.

(Dr. Musgrave)
"On two of my missions, and I still don't have an answer, um, I have seen a, a snake out there, six seven eight feet long. It is rubbery because it has internal waves in it and it follows you for a rather long period of time."
"The more you fly in space the more you see an incredible amount of things out there and THAT sorta brings to you, really a certainty, that other living creatures are out there. Some incredibly primitive, more primitive, some just ah just proteins coming together, amino acids and some just single cell organisms and other civilizations that have been around for a million years that are doing unimaginable kinds of things."

From: "Mark Shippey" Date: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 10:20 PM
Interview with Dr. Story Musgrave by Joe Murgia

(This is an interview I did with Dr. Story Musgrave on Friday, July 10th, 1998. Musgrave was the keynote speaker at a convention for firefighters and emergency medical technicians from the Southeast. Most were from Florida. It was held in Tampa at the Tampa Convention Center on 7/8, 7/9, and 7/10.)

(excerpt from the interview)

JM - Have you had any personal experiences with what you would consider an unknown object?

SM - None. And no Astronaut ever has.

JM - No Astronaut?

SM - No. No Astronaut has ever had an experience with something that has the signature of intelligent life.

JM - What about Gordon Cooper's Experience?

SM - I know Gordon Cooper. No, he did not.

JM - No?

SM - No.

JM - Okay

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Story's role in the notorious "STS-80 UFO Video" also comes up often, and here's his view of the prosaic explanation that I published about ten years ago:

To: jameseoberg@
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 8:15 PM
Subject: RE: Oberg's solution to your STS-80 'UFO' video

Hello Jim:

What a magnificient dissection and analysis, you made a huge effort. The rational folks will love it, the believers will continue to believe. I shall get a paragraph out for the world as somehow I am at times a centerpoint for the space evidence. My stance of course is that life is on trillions of planets, some of it is advanced enough to be doing star travel but my interpretation of the evidence for visitation is that there is no evidence, that is none by anybody. See ya,

story

Story and I worked together in Houston on a number of his shuttle flights, since about 1982. We've known each other a long time.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
learn more about gordo....rent the "right stuff" its the story of the mercury astronauts....of course its not the full story but still fun the watch...most of the astronauts have admitted to ufo's while orbiting the earth....the aliens were only keeping a close eye to what we were doing in their playground.........see my web site below....

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by falcon51
learn more about gordo....rent the "right stuff" its the story of the mercury astronauts....of course its not the full story but still fun the watch...most of the astronauts have admitted to ufo's while orbiting the earth....the aliens were only keeping a close eye to what we were doing in their playground.........see my web site below....

"Most of the astronauts"? In Hollywood sci-fi, maybe. On the internet UFO pages with fictitious 'quotations', maybe. Back here in the real world, though -- hardly any. A number not too different from zero, even.

You've been bamboozled for fun and profit by falsifiers exploiting your admiration for these men and women and your eager believing of made-up stories that excite you -- without ever checking. It's fun for awhile, but when you get real, things get even more interesting. Try it.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

learn more about gordo....rent the "right stuff" its the story of the mercury astronauts....

It's not, really. It's a Hollywood fictionalization full of stereotypes and oversimplifications and phony dialog and events, for entertainment purposes only. But when people confuse it with reality, it's not entertaining at all, it's just sad.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Musgrave is nuttier than a peanut farm !

some quotes from your buddy....

They've been around for 100 million years

dumb

but my interpretation of the evidence for visitation is that there is no evidence

dumber

But I believe the government has told me all there is to know about classified things, and I do not believe there is any information relating to UFOs that they're keeping from us.

dumbest or straight up dis info

[edit on 6-11-2009 by easynow]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Story Musgrave is obviously a knowledgeable and respected astronaut. But he doesn't know everything and I will not accept blanket statements from anyone, regardless of position or accomplishments.

He cannot say with authority what other astronauts have seen on their missions if he wasn't on those missions. And regardless of what Story says his words are useless when we have enough NASA videos showing what Story denies.

Finally, I don't know this for a fact, but I don't think Story was with Cooper when Cooper had his claimed experiences. Story sounds like arch-skeptic Robert Sheaffer and that, to me, is not a complimentary.

Besides, Story has been shown in a documentary being astounded by what he is being shown on a TV screen which is STS-80 footage! I wish I had the transcript.

Mr. Oberg, this is the Aliens and UFOs forum. How about you tell us members if you accept the reality of UFOS, what you consider good UFO footage, if any. If you don't accept the reality of UFOs, what keeps you from accepting it? Open up, please.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

"Most of the astronauts"? In Hollywood sci-fi, maybe. On the internet UFO pages with fictitious 'quotations', maybe. Back here in the real world, though -- hardly any. A number not too different from zero, even.

You've been bamboozled for fun and profit by falsifiers exploiting your admiration for these men and women and your eager believing of made-up stories that excite you -- without ever checking. It's fun for awhile, but when you get real, things get even more interesting. Try it.

Even if one astronaut were to admit their acceptance of the reality of UFOs that would be higher than zero. I'd like to say that at least one Russian cosmonaut has indicated on camera that UFOs are real but first, I have to find it on my UFO videos. But I guess you would counter that cosmonauts are not astronauts!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

A rare thing - a nearly honest man . What he admitted in a very discreet way , was that they were not so different and although not easily recognizable , they actually were humans.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

maybe you mean this video ?....

here is a different cosmonaut ufo sighting...

Russian Cosmonaut sees UFO while in orbit aboard Salyut-6 Space Station

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by The Shrike

maybe you mean this video ?....
snip
here is a different cosmonaut ufo sighting...

Russian Cosmonaut sees UFO while in orbit aboard Salyut-6 Space Station

www.ufoevidence.org...

No, it wasn't that video which I had never seen nor was it the other cosmonaut. But I found the video interesting and the other report just as much.

What I was thinking of was in the video THE SECRET NASA TRASMISSIONS: THE SMOKING GUN. But I'm not sure if it was in that video. The cosmonaut was in a space craft. But, like I said, I'm not sure of the details. Thanks again, for those 2, I appreciate it

Still, J.O.'s figure of zero just became moot point!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by aethernaut
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

A rare thing - a nearly honest man . What he admitted in a very discreet way , was that they were not so different and although not easily recognizable , they actually were humans.

I think that if what was claimed had looked different than human, they would have been described as what they might have resembled. You cannot look at a grey or reptile and say they look "humanoid"!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join