It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National terror alert-Dated- Nov- 1st 2009 Pneumonic Plague

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Came across this while researching. Interesting they post this just when the ukraine illness issue has just started.

www.nationalterroralert.com/pneumonicplague

Sorry I cant get it to link, copy and paste to browser.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by saralee]

Bacause i am tired,

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
www.nationalterroralert.com...

I linked the page for you

i think it is just a fact page but who knows.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

A facts page posted today? Why? You think it just keeps todays date? I hope you are right....
Thanks for the help.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by saralee
reply to post by Beefcake

A facts page posted today? Why?
Thanks for the help.

Oh ya totally. It is very interesting. My understanding of that plague is that with modern advances or if it grips a modernized community it wouldn't stand a chance. That being said it could mutate or simply ravage 3rd world nations.

If this plague is really back there is no doubt it was introduced because it has been gone too long. We will have to wait and see for sure.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The dangers of pneumonic plague have been known for quite some time. The danger became better known after 9/11 and the anthrax attacks. Plague was mentioned as one of the many possible biologic weapons that could be used against a population.

Pneumonic plague is a highly contagious and extremely dangerous disease. Without proper treatment, the mortality rate is about 60%. Treated immediately, the mortality rate drops below 5%. Unfortunately, there is often a delay in diagnosis.

It doesn't appear that pneumonic plague is happening anywhere, except possibly in China. The outbreak of URI in Ukraine seems to be viral, possibly H1N1 or perhaps something else.

So, as of right now, I don't see anything much to worry about.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
this was a few months ago in China -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

they managed to contain this outbreak, but in a larger city, it could be devastating. Basically, you have 24hrs to get the Antibiotics, or your 90% certain to die.

Imagine this in a city with 5 million people.

new topics

top topics

join