It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is "Disclosure" important to people?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I don't get it.

If ET has never visited earth, and if the government knows nothing about this... thing, how will this provide any satisfaction to the people who actually want disclosure?

The only way that "disclosure" will provide any satisfaction to the "believers" is if the government actually confirms that ETs have been visiting earth if they have, or that they have been in communication with us if they exist.

The whole "disclosure" thing is hinging on the government confirming a belief that ET exist.

If they say it doesn't, then disclosure isn't disclosure.

Do you "disclosure" people see what is wrong with your anticipation, or are you really so blinded by your want to believe?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If disclosure occurs, EVERYTHING and I mean everything changes. This is why I want disclosure. I want society to wake up thinking on their own. I want them to dream about possibilities and less about past experiences. I want to learn what is out in space, and how that relates to me.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Well people talking about disclosure are convinced they have visited and the government knows about it so your premise is wrong.

The reason people want disclosure is a hope that it will bring all humans together, help us to focus our energy not on petty disagreements, but on the positive evolution of our species.

It may not actually go that way, but that is why I think people want it to occur.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I had to read this post about 5 times and im still not sure i understand what your trying to say here. I mean i recognize the words your using but for some reason they dont seem to make any sense when strung together. That could just be me.

OBVIOUSLY there cant be disclosure if there is nothing to disclose, even a child knows that. What i dont understand is why you needed a post to point this obvious fact. Im fairly sure the people advocating disclosure THINK the government knows something. There not just saying we want disclosure without KNOWING what the actual word means.

So to clarify things for you, the people waiting for government disclosure BELIEVE that the government is lying about NOT KNOWING anything about UFO's.

I hope this clears up any confusion you might have.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
who cares...to be honest if some people cared as much as they do for little green & gray creatures for the real people in their own neighborhood oh how much better this world would be.

Lets put this ufo stuff into perspective, it means zero in you daily life...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

It makes sense to me but sometimes children have to be reminded of childish things.

It is just like the Luner Reconnaisance Orbiter bringing back images of the Appolo 17 landing site. To some they're just proof that we did not go to the moon. If disclosure doesn't meet with expectations, truthful or not, some will say it's proof that they still aren't admitting the truth.

If disclosure does meet with expectations, the various expector factions will have it out with one another. Of course as part of this, there will be fights about who's religion it confirms as the true one.

My sense is that is just how it works in general.

I hope for disclosure through appearance more than some cheezey files that will inevitably be redacted for national security reasons. The sooner some such calamity happens that forces some long, hard look at our stupidity, the better. If it kills us, that works for me as well. As long as our ultimate worthiness is brought to light.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
If disclosure occurs, EVERYTHING and I mean everything changes. This is why I want disclosure. I want society to wake up thinking on their own. I want them to dream about possibilities and less about past experiences. I want to learn what is out in space, and how that relates to me.

That's a nice positive attitude to have. And if it has that effect on your life then more power to you.

But I think unless ETs wake the kids up for school, do the dishes, pay the bills and cook dinner, most people aren't really going to care.
It will be the talk of the town for about ONE WEEK and then people will move on to the next big thing.

It's human nature unfortunately.

And just because Obama says it, doesn't mean people are automatically going to buy it. People over the last 12 months have lost faith in their political leaders and so anything they say will be met with cynicism.

It could turn out to be a total non event like anything else that is overhyped.

I think the window of opportunity has passed myself.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
i think people are bored. Sick of living in depressing times of financial hardship, disease and war.

Disclosure would give us all some kind of hope.

although -

Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane

Shawshank Redemption

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
"Disclosure" only means "Agree with the believers, confirm their beliefs". If the government gives a fully honest disclosure that says they really have NOT met any aliens, the believers will not be satisfied.

There will be no disclosure. This is just one of many predicted events that people latch on to, hoping that somehow someone (other than humanity) will come down here and make it all better. It's a comforting thought. God, angels, aliens, ascended masters, whatever - they'll come here (or be disclosed), and that will usher in a new era of prosperity, peace, and happiness. And we all live happily ever after.

It won't happen, unless we do it. There are no deities, angels, or aliens waiting to do our job for us. If we keep sitting on our assets waiting for someone else to do it, it's never going to happen. It's our responsibility and our job. It's up to us.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Hopefully it would change the mentality of society. And also if we are holding any information about UFO's or ET's it could be released and implemented into modern science. Imagine the advancements in all categories that could be upon us!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 297GT
who cares...to be honest if some people cared as much as they do for little green & gray creatures for the real people in their own neighborhood oh how much better this world would be.

Lets put this ufo stuff into perspective, it means zero in you daily life...

From a species perspective, first contact is the biggest ever discovery waiting to happen. Individual benefits aren't really relevant at this point in time. You have to look at this from a scientific point of view, rather than what can aliens do improve my daily life.

Many scientific ventures originally had no basis for improving our daily lives, and some benefits from these were unexpected. Just because you cannot think of a benefit, does not mean there aren't going to be any!

First contact should be a small first step towards treating all life on planet earth and elsewhere with more respect. It tests us as a species, and humankind may fail catastrophically, but that doesn't mean we don't try and instead stay at home and hide under the bed.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by john124]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I think some people in here lack the imagination and foresight to understand the implications of what disclosure about ET's would have on the world. It might not effect some tiny little self enclosed worlds that a select few choose to live in but i can guarantee you that it will have a global impact the likes we havent seen. The mere fact that there are technologically superior entities visiting and probably interacting with humans is unprecedented. The implications are insane, technology will change the likes we havent imagined, Our concepts of physics and reality might have to be altered. That alone is ground breaking. Philosophy, Religion, Economy, Politics, i could go on in finer detail but i suggest those who cant see what the big deal is think about it for more than a passing second.

AS for the actual disclosure i dont think it will happen. they would never let onto a secret as big as this for no reason. Knowledge is power and those that know dont say and those that say dont know.

IF by some miracle they do disclose that we are being visited by UFO's and aliens then i would suspect they had something even bigger they were trying to cover up. But im naturally mistrusting of TPTB.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Do you know what appen if the Disclosure begin official?
Humanity needs this because we are on the edge of the abyss...

The darker abyss that we can imagine.

The world-wide finance is collapsed, the industrial production is collapsed and is still not seen a light in this darkness.

The simpler answer to this situation is: WAR!

From always, in order to save “the economy”, in order to increase the industrial production, in order to develop new materials, new medicines, and new industries the answer has been only one: WAR!

But this time it is very different…

We need DISCLOSURE.
When this happens it will involve a radical change in our perception, a change of paradigm and a positive push to the change, not only spiritual.

This event, if governed with wisdom from the governments and the Mass-media, will be able to have the same effect of a New Industrial Revolution.

Not a sudden revolution that could reveal catastrophic but gradual release of licenses (ET engineering) that they will be able gradually to create new materials, new metals, new industries and a high number of new employements.

This obviously will involve a gradual abandonment from the oil and of the nuclear energy and the introduction, slow, but inexorable of free energy (Tesla).

New energy, new materials, new industry, new products, new jobs.
No Oil, no Atomic energy=New Era!
No Oil, no Atomic energy= Change of RULERS Elite!

The "Stone Age" isn't ended for "Stones shortage"!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
One word,

TECHNOLOGY.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Humanity needs this because we are on the edge of the abyss...

I have that same feeling too.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
and why do you assume ET knows how to manage the world and than us?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Eh, they probably have a great acceptance for life in general. Moved past all of the things that hold us back. I mean they are traveling the universe

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Because if they had hostile intentions would have already cancelled us from the planet from some millenium...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

The problem is that "disclosure" is based on other untestable beliefs that haven't been proven to be true... for good reason.

You might as well say that when the commander of the 42nd ET intergalactic squadron gives us the energy vortex multiplier, that... EVERYTHING WILL CHANGE! because it's just compounding unproven "beliefs" on top of other ones that something exists.

1) ETs exist
2) ETs have visited our galaxy
3) ETs have visited our planet
4) ETs have contacted our governments/government is hiding ET
5) Government has plans for future disclosure of all of this.

You "disclosure" people are all the way to number 5 when 4, 3, 2, and 1 haven't been proven beyond even the shadow of a doubt. I'm not saying that 1 is true or false, but we have no strong evidence. Something flying around in the sky doesn't equate to ET, especially after continuted claims of the governments being 50+ years ahead in tech.

Why not just go further?

1) ETs exist
2) ETs have visited our galaxy
3) ETs have visited our planet
4) ETs have contacted our governments/government is hiding ET
5) Government has plans for future disclosure of all of this.
6) ETs are having intergalactic wars
7) Some ETs are protecting Earth
8) Other ETs are trying to enslave our race
9) Those ETs have infiltrated government as reptilian shapeshifters
10) Because of the shapeshifters disclosure won't happen
11) We have to kill the shapeshifting politicians for disclosure to happen
12) ... then you start breeding delusional people with messiah complexes who think they have to go out and kill aliens.

There is even another belief buried in the "disclosure" argument: That it is going to change humanity for the better.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

People want disclosure just as much as the second coming of JESUS.
The reason is, they want someone else to fix their problems for them.
If not that, at least tell them what they are supposed to do.
If aliens were here, I have no doubt whatsoever that people would want all the answers from them.

GOD, JESUS, ALIENS, PROPHETS, SEEING THE FUTURE, all revolve around the same idea.
We want the answers the easy way instead of thinking for ourselves.

Which is a great argument for why the governments of the world can get away with what they do, especially in the U54.

For far to long, humanity has had their heads up their own asses and still can't see sh#.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join