It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Order now Executive Law...Ban on "texting" while vehicle is on

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
playing with your mobile phone or laptop while driving makes just as much sence as giving a blind man your car keys and hope he finds your car without help at a walmart parking lot.

but who knows , mabye people are so stupid as that they need to be in a car accident before they realize the dangers of it but usualy its to late at that point...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Reply to post by zerbot565

Yes, they are that stupid. Which brings me to the conclusion that morons who do this will continue to do this despite any laws to the contrary. Two people ignore the law with impunity, criminals and morons. The everyday flaw that makes man law ultimately useless to prevent anything. Reducing it to a petty punishment machine devoid of any preventative value.

Most law now is written to provide an extra income source for the government tasked with enforcement anyway. Never intended to prevent or provide any level of safety.

Besides, the handful of recent high-profile situations where electronic device use has led to national news level incidents have occured under circumstances where electronic device use is already illegal. Lots of good the exising laws did. The answer is to pass more? Morons. Every last of them. Those who work to pass such frivolity and those who support.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Mnemeth1,

You are exactly right. A large percentage of business contracts with the government for some service or product. The more I think about it, the more this executive order is just to set a standard. Not necessarily enforce anything, but to have a legal way for the government to break a contract with a business if they are found in violation of this order.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
I hate to agree with this, and I am usually against authoritarian measures such as this one, but texting while driving is a seriously bad idea, and it seems like more and more people are doing it.

I hate to say it, but I agree with you. Im not for measures like this usually, but as a motorcycle driver here in FL ive almost had my life taken away many times because of some idiots checking their phones for a text. It aint easy walkin away from a crash when you going 30mph with no walls to surround you and you get hit from the side by a 1300 lb vehicle going the same amount of speed.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

This is why it should be illegal.... this could happen to anyone!!!

[edit on 11/2/2009 by ugie1028]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join