It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hepititis link to Sun-dried Tomatos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
had to throw this in the mix........

Hepititis linked to sundried Tommy's

Victorian health authorities have renewed warnings over links between semi-dried tomatoes and an outbreak of hepatitis A following a further 23 cases of the infectious disease diagnosed in the past week.

Hepatitis A involves inflammation of the liver and is spread when traces of faecal matter containing the virus contaminates hands, objects, water or food and is then taken in through the mouth.

Just trying to chase up a bit more....

What is the world coming to...

[edit on 1/11/2009 by scubagravy]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I guess this comes down to unsafe food practices. It shouldnt be too hard to find he culprit.

If this can happen with tomatoes, whats next? Tuck shops where they cut your sandwiches in half? pizza dough kneaded by hand??
'
there really should be tougher restrictions on food handling , especially if these people know they have the infection.....

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
That's definitely really weird.

I have to laugh, though, because when I read this, I no longer got the "GET RIPPED IN 3 WEEKS" ad, but I ended up having a Domino's Pizza ad on ATS instead.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Thats very odd, tomatoes are supposed to help you, not go against you, but then again the sun is full of cancer rays and could burn it in the tomato, who knows.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by unit432

Thankyou for your reply Unit432.
Yes an interesting article that really hasnt found to much interest from the ATS community. I havnt really found anything else about it worth posting, im not sure why theres very little follow up on this.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Welcome to the party, Victorians! Food born contaminant illness has become all too common here in the US over the past few years. Generally they end up tracing it back to the farm where the produce came from. Either from using contaminated water for irrigation, improperly sterilized processing equipment, or plain old unsanitary interaction between human workers and the food, it's tough to think of any food as being safe anymore. In this case, it sounds like somebody at the drying facillity isn't washing the tomatoes properly.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by unit432

No no no. The tomato isn't the culprit, it's who ever contaminated them with hepatitis. Contamination is the culprit not our little red delicious semi sweet yet sour friends.

new topics

top topics

join