It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with the website ufologie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Every once in a while when I do a search on google one of the results is ufologie.net and it sometimes offers the info I'm looking for. But when I click on the link I get the following page:

Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!
Suggestions:
Return to the previous page and pick another result.
Try another search to find what you're looking for.
Or you can continue to www.ufologie.net... at your own risk. For detailed information about the problems we found, visit Google's Safe Browsing diagnostic page for this site.

For more information about how to protect yourself from harmful software online, you can visit StopBadware.org.

If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google's Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
Advisory provided by

Do you have the same problem? Have any of you taken a chance and gone to it? Did anything happen to your computer because of it?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I can't say I have ever run accross it or visited it. Could be a shell website that google ACTUALLY caught for once. Or it could be a legit website that upset a hacker or 2...which isn't all too far-fetched. Dunno, could be either, don't think it is a conspiratorial gov't move to keep us from the truth...they would have just overloaded it or had an ISP take it down.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
If it was a reported attack site, it means it basically is known to install junk on your computer. Most of those type of sites try to install backdoors to make your computer a part of a botnet or have ads that will run a script and install that fake antivirus stuff. It can be hard for most people to get rid of, especially if it installs a rootkit along with it.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by deanorw]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by deanorw
If it was a reported attack site, it means it basically is known to install junk on your computer. Most of those type of sites try to install backdoors to make your computer a part of a botnet or have ads that will run a script and install that fake antivirus stuff. It can be hard for most people to get rid of, especially if it installs a rootkit along with it.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by deanorw]

Thanks for clearing that up. I listened to my paranoid wife and didn't access it. Almost did, though.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I just enabled noscript in firefox and went in to check it out. It is infected from top to bottom. All I could find in there is a picture of 1 UFO. Other than that the site is completely hijacked from top to bottom.

Noscript detected multiple redirect attempts.

join