learn more

Ron Paul:Be Prepared for the Worst

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

When this thing tilts on over, things will happen fast, and like the Titanic, the nose will dig deep with an irreversible force.

This quote from dooper says a lot in a small sentence. History is a great teacher that we never listen to. as we look back at the 30's depression, we see a perfect example of what is to come, but people say it can't happen again. It's already happening, we are in it, but this continuos fluff news we hear about turning the corner on our recession gets sickening. One or two positive upticks in stats don't make a turnaround from depression. As the weeks go by, even the dumbest sob out there knows we are screwed. What the government says, and what joe six pack sees every day isn't jiving. Somebody isn't telling the truth, and I wonder who it is??

The glaringly obvious will soon become impossible to ignore. an then, as mentioned in the above quote, the ship will sink very fast. Folks, we are going to witness some shocking collapses very soon. People will be glued to their TV's, radios, and internet, each day, to see what has fallen next. When the freefall starts, and it willl be a freefall, we won't comprehend all that has happened for a while. But when Americans do wake up, and know it's all over but the crying, they will look to someone for some payback. After all, if you lose everything, what's a little jail time going to hurt? That's three hots, and a cot.

Get ready for the big show, coming to a town near you, and you don't want to miss this performance--you can't anyway--you're part of it.......

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Boom Slice

You are so correct sir. The stimulus's will end soon enough, and we will be right back where we were. I think most Americans know we are screwed, and have to start over again. Both sides of the political fence have had their chances to create change. Neither did, and both made it worse.

Sadly, the US just doesn't make much of anything anymore. people need a job to pay taxes. I don't know who these genuises think are going to pay for all this crap they're passing. It will soon come crashing down, very soon. Get ready for bad news, day after day. As A nation, we will wonder how much more pain we must endure beofre we turn the corner to prosperity. Lots more pain to endure. We have a ways to go before we hit bottom. There is no getting around what we must endure. we have passed the point of no return. Just prerare as best you can, it's going to be a rough ride.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mrpotatohead

You're right.
A few days ago, the Obama administration said that they saved 600,000 jobs. Today, they upped that figure to 1 million. Why not? They can't prove that they saved ONE JOB, so why not just keep upping the number. Nobody believes them anyway. Even an NBC interviewer expressed extreme doubt when told that Obama saved those jobs.
They're now manipulating figures on just about every economic indicator in the book. I wouldn't believe one figure that comes out.
They're also saying that there is a jobless recovery. Well, dah, if you have no job, who cares if the corporations are making money. They're taking their profits and giving it to the executives as bonuses.
Go to any retail store, and look around. Nobody is shopping. About the only thing that consumers are buying is groceries, guns and ammunition.
Commercial real estate will be the next big bubble to crash completely, probably in the second or third quarter of next year.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
I've starred all of your posts, because it is obvious that all of you understand what is happening. Isn't it amazing that our "elected" officials can't see it?
the issue at hand was one evident from the proverbial door. Economically, our country has been skating on thin ice, for decades. even one posessing the smallest knowledge of economics sees that we were marched towards a cliff(again). I agree with all you've said, and to twist the knife on your last sentence......"Isn't amazing that our "elected" officials DON'T care to see it?"

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Aside form everyones doom n gllom predictions as well...here is the million dollar question...
Ron paul seems to think in 2 weeks, jsut past mid november, it all comes down..so does Gerald celente. How do they know speficialy this?
could be a pulbicity stunt for both thier careers!!! i like and admire ron paul, dont get me wrong..but i dont necessarliy see this in the feds interests, the collapse of the dollar. not yet anwyays.
Remember a year or 2 ago, at one of the Buuilderberg meetings, soemone, a journalist? came out, with a white face, and reported leaked info about how the system was to collapse? That was jsut before the rescession hit, and the banks got in trouble last year...anyone remember? If things do go down later this month, then yeah, ide say NWO and builderberg hit us hard n fast, and stealth like then.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by mrpotatohead

A few days ago, the Obama administration said that they saved 600,000 jobs. Today, they upped that figure to 1 million. Why not? They can't prove that they saved ONE JOB, so why not just keep upping the number. Nobody believes them anyway. Even an NBC interviewer expressed extreme doubt when told that Obama saved those jobs.

Obama saved millions of jobs, just like Al Gore invented the internet. They are just amazing guys.

The stage became set for a big "take down" with Obama's official declaration last week of a "National Emergency"--which has only been declared six times in the history of the U.S. and which the press largely ignored.

Never mind that it was declared as a response to H1N1, which is a false flag threat. The declaration kicks in all the emergency powers of FEMA, so that when the economic SHTF, the Executive Branch can move swiftly, without the need for any input or reaction by Congress.

Congressmen were threated with the imposition of Martial Law in order to coerce them into quickly passing the first bailout last year. The declaration of a National Emergency is the first step toward the institution of Martial Law. Storm clouds are brewing on the horizon, while most of the nation sleeps.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Angiras]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Angiras

Never mind that it was declared as a response to H1N1, which is a false flag threat.

My own feeling, for whatever it is worth, is that Obama declared the national emergency because his buddies the producers of the vaccines, are stuck with billions of dollars of worthless, harmful vaccine doses, because too many Americans are wisely refusing to take these poisonous shots.
I personally don't think that this is the ultimate national emergency. I think that one will hit sometime next year, when they can't hide the fact that the US is completely bankrupt. At that point, there will be a run on the banks, but taking out your "money" at that point will be useless, as it will only be worthless paper anyway.
Again, try to convert that worthless paper into things that will help your family survive what will most likely be coming. Food and means to protect your family and your food supply are your best bet.
I know a lot of "experts" say to invest in precious metals. My own feeling is that you can't eat precious metals. In a world where chaos rules and people starve, nobody will care about precious metals. The battles will be over food and water, period.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

This is exactly what Gerald Calliente advised people of limited means to do if they can't afford precious metals.

As inflation ticks up and then skyrockets up the cost of basic goods will sky rocket exponentially.

Pockets of civil unrest and high crime brought on by joblessness and inflation might additionally cause some stores to be closed and disrupt shipping/trucking and further result in potentially bare shelves.

Basic food stuffs and commodities like rice, coffee, tobacco products, (which have already seen a huge increase because of heavy and excessive taxation) canned foods, cooking and heating oils and others will become prohibitively expensive and perhaps even impossible to get occasionally.

Stocking up on a lot of these items while prices are still comparatively reasonable will not only give you the means to survive in a world turned upside down but something of real value to trade.

I have been putting some extra money into coffee, canned foods, and cigarettes, sugar and flour and rice.

Each time I go to the store I buy one of the above items for the purpose of adding it to my emergency store of supplies. I have invested in airtight containers to store them in as well.

This is extra money I might normally piddle away on base entertainments or save for a rainy day. I am not taking away from my quality of life to do this, but because of current conditions see this as a potentially more practical way to save for a rainy day.

I also know that I am not throwing my money away if the economy does get better. I can return many of the unopened items to the store for full cash refund in the future that I might then have an excess of, or I can donate the excess to a food bank to help the poor and sick.

What ever I might loose doing this will be relatively small.

What I might win could be potentially huge enough to mean the difference between life and death or life on my own terms or having to turn to the government and be dependent on them if the economic situation completely collapses.

All the items I am acquiring will be highly tradable for other items I might not have and want or need, or easy to sell for much more money at such a point than I paid for them myself.

Purchasing one item at a time here and there isn’t breaking my bank but the items are adding up and it does provide me with an additional level of comfort knowing that if everything fell apart tomorrow I am set for an extended period and can get by on my own.

Wise advice professor as always.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Angiras

I think it is a bit suspect that an Obama called for a national emergency over the hyped H1n1. But one promising thing is that the call for a national emergency will expire after six months unless formally continued by the President, which I guess he still may do if things do not stick to a timetable that he is privy to. Hell, President George W. Bush did not invoke any powers under the National Emergency Act for Hurricane Katrina.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It's funny some of the posts i'm reading here

many people here are agreeing what Dr. Paul is saying, but then they will turn around and be completely pro-war in another thread.

in this thread, some people, will agree that we need to stop senseless spending and useless wars.

then in another thread they'll be like ya INVADE INVADE INVADE!
Send as many troops as possible no matter how much it costs.

Sounds familiar dooper?

Where's the consistency?
Brain turns on in one thread and turns off in another?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I have been putting some extra money into coffee, canned foods, and cigarettes, sugar and flour and rice.

Great minds think alike, my good friend.

With the exception of cigarettes (we don't smoke), those are exactly the main items.
For those that are new to storing food, make sure that your sugar, rice, and flour are stored in a moisture-free environment. Use zip-lock bags or equivalent. I would also then store them in a air-tight large plastic storage container, to keep out any varmints.
For those not familiar with storing drinking water, here is a great site that tells you how:
www.ext.colostate.edu...
Follow the directions, and you'll be set.
If you want some variety, buy the large 29ounce cans of tomato puree, buying them when they are on sale. By diluting it with 2 parts water, adding some spices, and a can of mixed vegetables, you can have very cheap vegetable soup. I have four cases of those on hand at all times, using the oldest first, and replacing them, so that I always have 4 cases on hand. Those four cases, with the cans of mixed veggies will provide you with 48 gallons of vegetable soup, and plenty of nutrients and vitamins.
Also buy the cheapest multiple vitamins you can and prepare for a 1 year supply per person.
Never buy those vitamins at full price. They constantly have them on sale, buy 1 get 1 free.
These few pointers will help you prepare for the worst.
Oh, and don't tell your neighbors you have these supplies, of course.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I personally advise even people who don’t smoke to stockpile cigarettes, as smokers hooked on the habit are generally prepared to pay anything or do anything to not have to give up the habit. It’s a very powerful form
Of alternative currency and functions as an alternative form of currency in prison systems throughout the world.

Some smokers will go hungry before they go smokeless. I do smoke and buy other more popular brands than my own to stockpile knowing that these could be highly sought after commodities if stores were to shut down or inflation made them impossible for a cashless person to buy.

I consider cigarettes to be one of the most powerful basic commodities if not the most powerful commodity in my arsenal of commodities.

In a worse case scenario people would not likely trade guns or ammunition for rice and beans, they likely would though for cigarettes.

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms isn’t just the name of a powerful Government Agency but are in reality probably going to be the highest sought after commodities in an economic collapse.

The government regulates these things heavily for a reason!

[edit on 3/11/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

In a worse case scenario people would not likely trade guns or ammunition for rice and beans, they likely would though for cigarettes.

I hear you. That's a good point.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I AGREE!!! PREPARE FOR THE WORST!

not a one liner

i hope not atleast

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I ddn't even take economy 101, but could easily see the house of cards falling, within my lifetime.

Even keeping food supplies will not gain you much time. They will just come and take that.

What the answer is, I do not have. I do know we needed to stop the madness back in the 30's.

I have heard it said, "we will be long gone by the time that matters." Those kinds of statements are talking about our situation today. The dead guys who put us here were right, they didn't care about the future.

In fact, most people of means do not care about the future, only about their pile of money. Why should we expect things to be ok?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by win 52

Even keeping food supplies will not gain you much time. They will just come and take that.

Aha, but FIRST they have to FIND you.
It's a BIG country.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE who didn't sleep through Economics 101 would KNOW better!

I never took an economics course in my life and I saw this coming twenty years ago when the company I worked for go hit by a corporate raider and torn apart.

Of mergers and acquisitions each costing $1 million or more, there were just 10 in 1970; in 1980, there were 94; in 1986, there were 346. A third of such deals in the 1980's were hostile. The 1980's also saw a wave of giant leveraged buyouts. Mergers, acquisitions and L.B.O.'s, which had accounted for less than 5 percent of the profits of Wall Street brokerage houses in 1978, ballooned into an estimated 50 percent of profits by 1988...

THROUGH ALL THIS, THE HISTORIC RELATIONSHIP between product and paper has been turned upside down. Investment bankers no longer think of themselves as working for the corporations with which they do business. These days, corporations seem to exist for the investment bankers....

In fact, investment banks are replacing the publicly held industrial corporations as the largest and most powerful economic institutions in America....

THERE ARE SIGNS THAT A VICIOUS spiral has begun, as each corporate player seeks to improve its standard of living at the expense of another's. Corporate raiders transfer to themselves, and other shareholders, part of the income of employees by forcing the latter to agree to lower wages. January 29, 1989 www.nytimes.com... New York Times

Then in 1995 Clinton ratified the World Trade Organization and sent the rest of our industry over seas.

When Congress and Obama doubled the money supply in three months the first of this year and I knew we were doomed especially with the fractional banking multiplier effect.

If you read Secrets of the Federal Reserve you can see the corporate raiders of the eighties mirror the speculators of the roaring twenties, both funded by the bankers and the crash is the same with the bankers cleaning up all the wealth for pennies on the dollar.

The "bank bailouts" was a fairy tale. If a banker lends a $100,000 for a mortgage he actually lends between $0 and $3,000 dollars in real money , the rest is fairy dust. That money is repaid in three months then he collects $170,000 in interest on NOTHING. So someone explain how banks are "loosing " money when all they are loosing is fairy dust created by the stroke of a key. See “The Creature from Jekyll Island” www.bigeye.com...

Market Skeptics explains how "US banks are already operating free of any reserve constraints. The graph below shows reserve requirements falling to zero over the last fifty years."

The American public has been screwed and the politicians held a gun to our heads and allowed the bankers to ream us good. 100% of our taxes now go straight to the bankers to pay the interest on the loan of money, created out of nothing by the Federal Reserves counterfeiting checkbook. The US treasury could have printed that same money with no interest but the politicians gave up those rights to the bankers in 1913 so now we are serfs of the bankers. The US treasury still prints the money but now we have to pay the bankers for the privilege.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

The American public has been screwed and the politicians held a gun to our heads and allowed the bankers to ream us good. 100% of our taxes now go straight to the bankers to pay the interest on the loan of money, created out of nothing by the Federal Reserves counterfeiting checkbook. The US treasury could have printed that same money with no interest but the politicians gave up those rights to the bankers in 1913 so now we are serfs of the bankers.

Absolutely, that statement above pretty well summarizes the problem with the FED. As Ron Paul, you, and I know, the FED is a complete scam, but it is a scam that was smart enough to grease the hands of our politicians, to keep the scam going.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I have an economic minor... and let me tell you, I argued for a long time in most of my courses with my teacher, who loved Keynes so much...

Yes and guess who controlled the economics departments since 1910?

These fellows were not stupid. You have to give them credit. They didn't get to be where they were by being country bumpkins. They understood politics, they understood mass psychology and they played their cards exceedingly well. Meanwhile these same individuals out of their own pockets were paying the price for the costs of bringing up what they called grassroots study clubs all over the country. They sponsored these clubs and they held public meetings and printed brochures and pamphlets extolling the virtues of the Federal Reserve System. They gave large amounts of money to some of the better known universities in America; they created newly formed departments of economics with that money; they hand picked their own people to be the professors to head up those departments and then those professors with all of their academic credentials gave speeches and wrote scholarly essays extolling the virtues of the Federal Reserve System. And then at the insistence of Paul Warburg who was forever the master strategist, they added several very sound provisions to the Federal Reserve Bill. By that I mean they added some provisions which seriously restricted the ability of the Federal Reserve to create money out of nothing. Warburg's associates said, "Paul, what are you doing? We don't want those in there this is our bill." And his response was this, he said, "Relax fellas, don't you get it? Our object is to get the bill passed. We can fix it up later." Those were his exact words. "We can fix it up later." He was so right. It was because of those provisions that they won over the support of William Jennings Bryan the head of the Populist Movement, the last hold-out against the bill. Bryan was concerned that this would be an instrument for ruining the nation's money supply but when he saw those provisions he said, "Oh well, those are good provisions, I guess I can support the bill now" never dreaming that this was temporary. Everything is temporary in politics. When people go to sleep things can get changed. A Talk by G. Edward Griffin Author of The Creature from Jekyll Island

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join