It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul:Be Prepared for the Worst

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I've found that Ron Paul is a trustworthy person. Given some people's suspicions that I've noticed over time spent here and other "alternative" places, that may be the desired effect. Still... I find his sincerity kind of impenetrable. He's been right so much and from such a well-meaning place that I think it would be at our own risk to ignore the man.

Having said that, if we weren't so dependent on the city structure a collapse of it would be a very small deal. Many times, what we find antiquated is situational and our survival and understanding of nature is so foundational that we should have never removed it from our learning. As a Native American, I even more deeply regret the fact that if taken away, my dependance on such a structure would ensure my fate quickly.

There are so many ways in which we have lost our way that keeping count is exhausting and does so little good, its a wonder Ron Paul can maintain his enthusiasm about what he confronts. Though I believe the concept of the Superhero is detrimental to our psyche and expectations for change, if someone fits the bill today its this frail old man fighting harder than Bodacious. Not a rider that can handle him it seems.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Gerald celente predicts 3rd week in november, this year, it all comes down. Did ron paul predicts the same> IF so, how did they both anticipate this exact date?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the new Lyndon LaRouche. Gold standard, etc. LaRouche didn't get anywhere with it except in prison.

The economy needed a cash infusion. That was apparent when the following events occurred:

Interest rates were low and inflation was not increasing.

Lowering the rates did not increase inflation, therefore the Fed Res did not cause the problem. Actually, they didn't know what to do. Their usual major tool to influence inflation was dead. This presented a serious problem. The other tool to increase inflation is the printing of more money.
When you have a need for printing money, that tells you there is not enough in circulation for the economy to grow.

The next phase was the creation of more money. Now, it seems that no matter how much money is put into circulation, inflation is still dead. Hence, we have not created enough money to get the inflation airplane off the ground. Once we get it airborne with enough money, we can raise and lower it with interest rate manipulations.

It is a very bad idea to let Congress tell the Federal Reserve how to regulate the economy. The Congress has its hands full with trying to regulate a lot of other government programs, and they aren't doing so good.

Logically, we need to keep producing money until inflation begins to move. That means there is enough money going around for everyone to conduct business.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
I've starred all of your posts, because it is obvious that all of you understand what is happening. Isn't it amazing that our "elected" officials can't see it?

They can see it, and they know what will happen. This is part of their plan obviously. Obama was put as president under promises of "CHANGE" although those who voted for him were not smart enough to ask what sort of change he wanted to implement. Anyway, the economy doesn't seem to be getting any better at all.

I saw about two days ago an article where they claimed the stimulus/Obama saved or created 1 million jobs.... Perhaps some members would remember that Obama started claiming they would save 600,000 jobs.... Now they increased that number and claimed 1 million have been saved or created....

www.latimes.com...

These people lie through their teeth and still there are Americans, not to mention people from other countries, who still cheer for Obama, and his administration...

The economy will get worse and then once again they will use either Obama, or him and someone from the UN as being "the possible saviours of mankind"....

We know that there are Obama fans, and journalists who claim he "is God"...a title which is also given to Chavez by his supporters, but now the Obama fans are the ones giving this title to Obama....

But you know what? At least some people are waking up, including some of those who voted for Obama.

I read this afternoon about the new ABC mini-series "V" and that the series shows parallel to the Obama administration being like the lizards that came to take over the resources of the world by lying and deceiving the people.

www.miamiherald.com...

The lizards made promises of giving free healthcare to all, and solving all problems, etc.

It should be interesting. Anyway, it seems somebody took my idea because I mentioned some time ago that the Obama amdinistration resembles the lizards from "V"...

Of course I am kidding in that part about someone taking my idea, but I did mention the resemblence. Not that Obama, and his administration are lizards, but they made the same empty promises.

Even the Obama youths wear red jackets, and the lizards wear red clothing, and the human informants, which happen to be youths from 18-20 years old working for the lizards also wear red.

Anyway, according to one author the mini-series seems to be showing this resemblance with the Obama administration's promises...

Hey, even the Obama administration have been asking for informants to snitch on any websites, emails, etc that are critical of the Obama administration.. You can be certain they will also try shut down the mini-series since it resembles a bit too much what we are going through..

The Obama administration are only consolidating power to the state, and want even the UN to have control over us.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Batten down the hatches, folks, and get what ever materials you need, because it going to be one hell of a cold dark winter. Why am not surprised by the doomsayer, Ron Paul, and his assertions of complete and utter collapse of the US economy? This has been clear and evident since he has been in Washington, however, I think the mainstream media treats him like a carnival act and a novelty. They don't give him his just respect. This man has been warning the American people about the debaucheries of the Fed and Treasury, the house of cards, that is our fiat currency, government waste, and the additions to the astronomical debt with deficit spending. The collapse is inevitable and will be much worse than what it would have been if it was allowed to run its course in 2008.

This man's story has remained steady as long as he has been a member of the House, and, yet, his colleagues shrugged him off and carried on as usual. They continued to borrow and spend like drunken sailors. Right now, the politicians, master's of industry, financial tycoons, and elites are feathering their pillows and readying the lifeboats, as we go down with the Titanic as our grandparents did in the 30's. Now, it comes down to survival, because the government had a chance to mend things with the economy 30 years ago with the blistering recession which began during the Carter Administration. That particular calamity was not dealt with as it should of been or analyzed in great depth, and another bubble was created during the Reagan years with his baby Reaganomics, and with non-other-than "Bankenstein," Allen Greenspan, steering the ship into the iceberg which followed. Does anyone find it kind of odd that former Fed Chairman Greenspan bowed out before the wheels fell off? Did he know about this all along? If he did we will never know, because his lips are sealed.

Very scary time, indeed, and I hope the people can work together as they did in the last Depression. However, I think the values have changed since then in most circles, although, there are some that have remained financially prudent, but they will feel the sting to their quality of life as well. There is a saying, "All it takes is a few bad apples to spoil the bunch." I fear civil unrest when everything shuts down and the gravy train stops flowing. There will be panic and violence in the streets. I wish people would have took Dr. Paul much more seriously than they have, and we will reap what we sow.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The assumption is that the government is making efforts for the good of the country and that assumption has to be false. The government wants the destruction of our country because the government is working for somebody else. The government doesn't seem to think human suffering should be avoided, in fact goes way out of its way to cause more suffering on purpose. This government is not going to last. The people will eventually wake up and want their country back, unless the government kills everybody first.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
May I suggest the survival forum??

Cauuuse im pretty sure most of you don't know how to grow plants of trap animals let alone barter and trade.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
This world is screwed.

When I imagine the future, all I see is chaos.

Why did I have to be born in this era?

I'm only 20 years old and I fear I won't make it past 30 the way the world is going.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
All part of the plan.

1. Devalue the American dollar and cause Inflation (7 point plan, planned since before 2002 speech, all been done already):

en.wikipedia.org...

(ABOVE LINK HAS BEEN FIXED)

2. Rescind Glass/Steagall to allow Bank Holding companies to play stocks,comodoties, and Insurance:

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

4. Bring down stock prices so Wallstreet can make more money:

en.wikipedia.org...

Who is really in charge:

en.wikipedia.org...

Check out career in finance. Also he wrote the Blueprint for change named The Plan: Big Ideas for America.

Emanuel "was the top House recipient in the 2008 election cycle of contributions from hedge funds, private equity firms and the larger securities/investment industry"

And finally one of the best and most informative articles:

www.rollingstone.com...

The above links I have provided should spell out the plan as it started, as it devloped, and the future of the plan....Cap and Trade!!

I hope you all will read this and understand what is being done to us and why.

God help us all!!!!

[edit on 2-11-2009 by whattheh]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Ron Paul paints a very vivid and realistic picture and the writing is clearly written on the wall for all to see. Intervention by our elected geniuses in govt. only leads down the path to failure. The its only money philosophy coming from the PTB is troublesome indeed. I feel like we are trapped in a bizarre game created by Milton Bradley. Just ask for some more money and move past go.

Cash for clunkers cost us $24,000 per flippin' car and all of those usable and serviceable trade in cars are gone forever. money.cnn.com... the program was a complete loser.

According to Edmunds, only 125,000 of the 690,000 cars sold during the taxpayer-funded promotion were sales inspired by the program as opposed to those that would have happened anyway. Edmunds then divided that number by the total price tag and voilà: Each car purchased cost the American taxpayer $24,000.

Incidentally, the White House has added Edmunds to its list of hated media outlets because of their glaring and simple analysis of a failed govt. program. The numbers don't lie but, the White House does.
www.newsmax.com...

The first time home buyer credit progam is full of abuse and has been credited for falsely propping up the housing market. That micro bubble is destined to explode. Hence the desire to extend the program just a little longer. Good Grief.

WASHINGTON -- The rush to implement a tax credit for first-time home buyers opened the program up to potential fraud by people who hadn't bought a home or already owned one, Congress was told Thursday.

J. Russell George, Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, questioned the eligibility of some 100,000 claims out of the 1.5 million who have sought to take advantage of the $8,000 tax credit incorporated in the economic stimulus package enacted last February.

He said claimants include those who could possibly be illegal immigrants and that 580 people seeking $4 million from the first-time home buyer credit were under the age of 18. The youngest taxpayers receiving the credit were 4 years old, his office said.

www.cleveland.com...

We are neck deep in one hell of a smelly heap and a govt. run health care program will be just as full of corruption and fraud as all the other programs.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by jibeho]

[edit on 2-11-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by silent thunder

Great find. Thanks for posting those papers.
Isn't it amazing that rather than LEARN from past mistakes, Congress and the last two administrations seem hell-bent on REPEATING the mistakes of history?
Obama even said that he wants to emulate FDR- well he's certainly doing that, unfortunately.

Do you know why the depression lasted 5 years? It was because the financial aid
put in by government in 1929 was removed TOO SOON. So if you want to learn from the mistakes of the past then the government has to continue to provide financial aid until AFTER the economy fully recovers NOT BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I just read that Ford, the only big one of the big 3 to not get government assistance (besides cash for clunkers which at the very less was open to everyone in the market to profit from, not just the chosen few) was able to post a $997 million profit for the third quarter. This goes to show it's a good idea to have faith in the free market. I'm glad the other two were not given as much government assistance as the banks otherwise Ford might be out of business right now rather than benefiting from their competitors weakness and expanding market their share, as should happen in the free market.

By giving the big banks more government support than some of them even needed a situation was created where 100+ small banks have failed. If it was a true free market these small banks would have had the chance to expand their market share as the big banks were weakened by their bad business practises catching up with them. In short, the big banks consolidated their power while the small banks were robbed of an opportunity to expand and doomed to failure because the US government made it impossible for them to compete with mega banks wielding billions of dollars of low interest government loans and hand outs.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Jacob08]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Seeing this news is just... well, I honestly have no words left. Add to this the Napoleonic tactics of Codex Alimentarius (eating healthy is going to become illegal? Are they insane?), and I honestly just don't know what to do anymore. We've screamed at our politicians until our throats were hoarse and blue in the face. Yet they continue.

I see all this evil in the world (and yes, it IS evil) at all the sickness it has caused. How many lives it has claimed and how many it will continue to claim with its roman circus (a.k.a. distract the people from the REAL problems with reality TV or stupid "news" segments about Obama's night out with Michelle) and I'm honestly just perplexed, dumbfounded. I'm honestly just wondering what will it take now for people to stand up to these crooks and say "NO MORE" I am honestly astonished at the beating that people are getting, and yet they say nothing.

What will happen when the really big problems hit? When Codex starts, and we're still in an economic slump? Will we let these a-holes continue their little power trip? Or will we start pointing guns at them when they start trying to confiscate what little healthy food we'll be allowed?

At some point, "something's gotta give" at some point, there will be no more, and we'll have to recognize the politicians for what they really are... glorified, "legalized" crooks. I hesitate to use the words Dictators, but to be honest, even that term is starting to seem more fitting. To those that disagree I can only say this "None are more hopelessly enslaved, than those that think they are free" I don't remember the author, but it certainly rings very true. We've been robbed of our freedoms and I don't think we're going to get them back unless something drastic is done.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

...pick up any magazine that just came out, and you'll see that the date is probably a future date.

Completely wrong! I think that what we have here is a ripple, if not a complete rip, in the Internet time-space continum. Possibly emanating from the official web site of the Large Hadron Collider. This is a news article from the future. We'd better keep our eyes open for more such.

(OK, off topic, I admit. Couldn't resist.)

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

The problem as I see it is that many people in Washington (including Paul) are somewhat protected from catastrophes such as what he is proposing. The government tends to insulate themselves against these types of things.

However, many Americans (including me) have been going along with the status quo for as long as we can remember. Our budgets our tight, our paychecks are too small and we've incurred debt we're desperately trying to get out from under save robbing a bank.

World War II helped bring us out of the GD, but what war would we start to bring us out of this mess? The government has only become stronger over the years and WILL NOT relinquish power that they have obtained. Will the average American citizen be willing to stand in food lines once again? Would be willing to work all day hard labor just for a few dollars/euros/ameros?

I'm inclined to think that the average American citizen is a pressure cooker ready to explode and that mere finger-pointing in Washington's direction won't give them the satisfaction that they crave. I feel that the tree of liberty must once again be watered with the blood of patriots and that this so-called "government" must be reinstituted.

No more central bank. No more individual taxes. No more involving ourselves in every world problem. No more lobbying. No more bailouts or stimulus packages that only stimulate the pockets of politicians and greedy corporate types.

REVOLUTION IS HERE...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Forget the "mainstream" economists who merely parrot the Administration's rose-colored glsses scenarios. They ignore the underlying fact that any current signs of growth are the direct result of Fed. market manipulation.

Prof. Nouriel Roubini saw the fall coming 2 years ago and people dismissed it. He plotted out the course of the most recent drop and resurgence of stock markets, cautioning that they were not fundamentally supported.

He and Ron Paul appear to be among the few voices in the desert who are willing to challenge the "conventional wisdom" and not only explain why we are where were are, but WHO is behind it!

Roubin writes in the current Financial Times that the cycle is about to move steeply downward again:

But while the US and global economy have begun a modest recovery, asset prices have gone through the roof since March in a major and synchronised rally. While asset prices were falling sharply in 2008, when the dollar was rallying, they have recovered sharply since March while the dollar is tanking. Risky asset prices have risen too much, too soon and too fast compared with macroeconomic fundamentals.
So the combined effect of the Fed policy of a zero Fed funds rate, quantitative easing and massive purchase of long-term debt instruments is seemingly making the world safe – for now – for the mother of all carry trades and mother of all highly leveraged global asset bubbles.
But one day this bubble will burst, leading to the biggest co-ordinated asset bust ever: if factors lead the dollar to reverse and suddenly appreciate – as was seen in previous reversals, such as the yen-funded carry trade – the leveraged carry trade will have to be suddenly closed as investors cover their dollar shorts. A stampede will occur as closing long leveraged risky asset positions across all asset classes funded by dollar shorts triggers a co-ordinated collapse of all those risky assets – equities, commodities, emerging market asset classes and credit instruments.

www.ft.com...

So, should Americans look to the people who have an "outside-looking-in" POV, or just rely on the administration's continuing reassurances to just "trust them?"

I don't trust them.

jw

[edit on 2-11-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Thank you for the RP update my friend. S & F.

Here is my question.

With the year that I have had. (Not Good)
Food, stocked up.
Ammo, stocked up.

Other than gold, silver, etc. Is one better off owning "stuff", than having cash as we move forward?

The dollar has already lost over 15% this year. If we go down hard, and a loaf of bread costs 10 or 15 dollars. Would not things like boats, cars, equipment somewhat retain their value in relation with other things?

I could dump what I have now, two boats and four snowmobiles plus other items, for cash, or do I hang on to them? I don't want to sell them, but if things get really bad, I won't be able to use them anyways.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I never borrowed anything (credit-wise) or lived beyond my means, yet i still have to endure the same # like people who caused this.

Unfair.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
One thing is for certain here in America, we love our illusions. Is it just coincidence there is an all consuming time honored phrase “The American Dream”? What is a dream? An illusion, in our case it’s the illusion of a big fancy car, a big fancy home each filled to the brim with gleaming electronics that at a push of a button provide us everything we need. It’s an illusion so powerful that once living those dream we imagine anyone and everyone who sees fault in our lifestyle and methods to be an “extremist” and or “terrorist”.

America in many ways fed and nurtured by Hollywood’s version of life, and Madison Avenue’s version of what one needs to get through that life, and Wall Street’s insistence that life is possible by demonstrating it to the extreme is all about illusion.

It’s a hollow empty dream, perhaps the greatest bubble of all as we rape and pillage foreign lands, turn our own backs on our poor and destitute and puff up our chests and inflate our egos off of shallow and superficial standards that have led to not only a wide spread moral bankruptcy but defeated things like true wisdom with “conventional wisdom” and common sense with “political correctness”.

With the exception of Ron Paul our politicians aren’t stewards of financial prudence and integrity concerned about the genuine plight of the citizens they are all instead P.T. Barnum in the flesh, as they sell hype and cleverly coined phrases to entice us into abandoning wisdom and common sense for the carefully crafted illusions full of ‘conventional wisdom & political correctness’ so we can immerse ourselves into one self destructive and self defeating fantasy after another.

The American Dream! Currently the American Dream is based off of taking trillions of dollars in additional debt and handing it to the people who committed trillions of dollars of fraud, theft and mismanagement!

The .02 percent growth in the economy is the trickle down effect of the most massive spending effort ever under taken in Washington D.C. and it literally is the equivalent of you coming to my house, sitting in one of my chairs
and accidently dropping 2 pennies out of your pockets as you sit slumped carelessly in it for me to scavenge later.

Only in America could this become a dream of better times!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

If 1 out of every 10 people thought like that then we'd have marched on Washington LONG ago. The problem is no one is willing to literally take Washington back. We will be shot at at first. Some of WILL die. It has to be done. A hand full of people are never going to get away with it. There has to be thousands. They're not going to mass murder thousands of people on the streets of Washington. There would be an awakening and a reckoning for all of the thieves that have perpetrated our demise. If found guilty of theft in ANY form,....to the gallows for treason. It's OUR money they're taking and blowing. I'm willing to die for what I believe in. If I was willing to die to fight for this country during desert storm, I'm more than willing to kick all the bastards out and start over.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join