It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul:Be Prepared for the Worst

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by fleetlord

It seems so very familliar to me, where have I seen this before... Maybe somebody in government has learned a lesson from the past and is prepared to declare a world war to fix the economy? Why not, it makes as much sense as what they have been doing so far...

That has been a concern of mine for about a year now. When the economy first started hitting the rocks (or at least when it became obvious last September), my oldest son and I would talk about how we both felt that the only option that the politicians would use, would be to get us into another war.

It certainly is a real possibility.
Interestingly enough, here is a Youtube of Ron Paul 3 days ago:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
just a matter of time now

please dont wake up soon one morning and say to yourself " oh ####, what do I do now for me and my family"

"Why didnt I see this coming"

"What do I do now"

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

I am constantly amazed by the amount of manipulation that can be wielded by the Fed and would not be surprised if they can keep juggling everything for several more years or at least long enough for us to forget the connection to the current crisis.

Here is why it can't go on too long. The nations that are accepting our dollar are getting very nervous, because they understand what is going on. At some point, if this continues, they will drop the dollar, and when that happens, goodbye US.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

What he always proposes is not realistic and essentially would result in total collapse + opportunity to rebuild from the ashes.

Well, that may or may not be true now. However, if they had started listening to him years ago, perhaps we wouldn't be in that mess now. At some point, even the best doctor may not be able to save the patient.
Does the US have terminal cancer?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
"We might have up to a year or so" ... I strongly disagree. I believe looking at all the factors and signs, that we have only until the first quarter of 2010 to get ready for total worldwide economic chaos.

Get out of long positions and your 401k's before the first quarter 2010. Of course, shorting will be a big winner, so get in if you know what companies to short.

Disclosure - no positions in either the stock market or commodities.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Ron Paul seems to know everything in advance.

Iran would be but a stepping stone on our government's quest to 'fix' the economy. We would need to convert our factories to make weapons of war. To do that, we would have to need more weapons than we already have. To do that we would need to be at war with a nation that can defeat what we now have. This means a big war. Say what you will about America, our troops are still strong and well-armed (for now). It would take a lot of enemies to tax our industry enough to 'repair' the economy.

I have a feeling that the war-making politicians won't understand that we can lose a war so bad that our economy ends up in shambles. Even worse than the Great Depression. This would be like post-WWI Germany, with bundles of hundred dollar bills used as blocks for children. And what is the cure for such an economy? Well, for Germany I think it involved a war and a genocide...

[edit on 1-11-2009 by fleetlord]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticantiseptic

Good point. For those who have their 401K's diversified, you may want to look at your distribution. One area that I think will get hit first next year is the commercial real estate area. As corporations continue to contract, the commercial real estate market will tank big time.
Disclosure- I HAD commercial real estate in my 403B, and now don't. I am not a financial adviser, so please only consider my opinion, as that, nothing more.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I truly cannot understand these people.

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE who didn't sleep through Economics 101 would KNOW better!

We have gone in the exact opposite direction from where we should to correct matters.

Taxes are killing us, moving all our jobs overseas, the interest is a great burden, and we're just piling it on.

We must have the greatest group of self-delusional dumbasses in Congress than has ever been gathered in one spot.

And I hope when this thing finally goes tits up, they are the first casualties.

Yes, I think you are right only a fool or someone not paying any attention could not see where this is headed.

That is why I think the only logical conclusion is it is being done on purpose at least by the President and party leadership to destroy the economy. I mean the fact they are pushing for massive new spending and taxation now when we can least afford it can only lead you to that conclusion.

The carbon tax is the one that really boggles my mind, its like they purposefully thought up a law to drive all manufacturing jobs out of the country, when whats left is already dying off. It has to be intentional.

What is the motivation, I'm not really sure but it cant be good for Joe 6 pack.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Ron Paul has always been right, it seems, and that is why I question exactly who is feeding him this advance info or is he doing his homework unlike all the other politicians? I thought there were a few more working on setting the record straight?

There is a way we can save ourselves but it takes some research and some reading on how to reclaim or redeem your "strawman". This takes back control of your fictional character from the government, otherwise they can break into, what you think or believe to be YOUR home, and take you away as you are government property and do with you what they will. This is a fact, allegedly 25 million people, mostly politicians, judges, government workers, military and so on have reclaimed or redeemed their strawmen. It removes the government/Crowns claim over you.

You have to download the whole article, "How I Clobbered..." here:

www.spiritualeconomicsnow.net...

Read the whole article to get the jist of it and there are some instructions, you still must do some research. I understand it completely and am going to investigate the U.C.C. part of it this week and file.

I hope this doesn't go in the crapper too badly, we need more politicians like RP to step up to the plate and stop the shenanigens.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

But that's Paul's ENTIRE POINT........you do something by NOT DOING what he advocates we don't do. You solve the problem by abolishing the FED. You STOP making useless wars on every other country. What the hell do we expect him to say? Sometimes putting out a fire requires not throwing water onto it but removing the fuel that feeds it. Americans always want someone to pat them on the head and tell them everything is going to be ok or they always look to someone for an easy way out or "THE ANSWER". Well there isn't an answer. At least not an easy one. There really isn't a solution until you put the breaks on the train that is about to wreck head long into the wall. With Paul our country could have a good start towards change.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
i like ron paul, and wanted to vote for him SO bad!! i dont vote, and didnt, because ot me, the entire voting system is rigged* I felt they were not going to give him a fair chance at all to win...just the one THEY, (the FED) wanted in office. Ive been listening and reading ron paul for over a year now, along with gerald celente..they both say the ssame thing be prepaired!
What im trying ot grasp, is why would the fed allow it all to fall down? In one snese, it would seem the builderbergs are having thier way...in another sense, thiers jsut too much money to be captilized and laundered around, for an economic collapse to not happen...as careless as the FED is, yes, they too would collpase. SO i find it on the hard to belive side with a grain of salt*

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I live in Australia but from afar it seems "somebody in the US" wants a war with IRAN.

Now history tells us that everytime the US gets to hounding on a country, it usually ends up in war.

Remember the NWO just loves a war, so the CFR and the TC seem to be burning the midnight oil, excuse the pun.

Ron Paul is no fool it seems to me, but I'm afraid he is only one voice in DC.

God help us all if the middle east erupts AGAIN.

"Disclosure" bring it on.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by fleetlord

It's not so much that Ron Paul can see everything in advance, as it is to look ar our current path.

There is a trajectory. From the current "firing" point, anyone can view along the barrel the trajectory point. to continue with increasing drop, we're headed for the dirt downrange.

I mean, if you point a projectile downrange, it's easy enough to anticipate it's exact path.

And regardless of a bit of crosswind, it's pretty easy to ascertain about where the dirt is going to be expelled from the hit.

We've been on this path for years. My folks went though the Great Depression as youngsters, and have always stressed "saving" and financial prudence. Being careful about spending, to buy with a mindset of thrift.

"Because it may not be there when you need it."

Fortunately, my house, trucks, equipment, and everything is paid for. No credit card debt and no more credit cards.

Too bad many others decided to "eat, drink, and be merry, and let tomorrow take care of itself."

Yeah. And a lot of them lost their homes.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

The FED is a creation of the bankers that rule the world. They WANT the FED to collapse so when it does they will usher in a new world/one world currency which will give them more control over humanity. The people that pull the strings and control the FED will NOT be affected by the collapse of the US economy or even the world economy. They are in a world of wealth, assets and power you and I can't even imagine. This trifecta of power resides in DC, London, and the Vatican.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
does no one get it

being prepared means being prepared

401s. retirement, stocks, gold and silver.

this # is worthless. and you cant eat or drink any of it.

shelter, food, drink, heat , clothing, bartering, skills.......

wow

going to get interesting

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by huntergatherer

Guns, alcohol and DRUGS as well. Illegal as well as prescription in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
when you have gone 3 days without food or water, and have no means to obtain either, dont come crawling to the ones who have worked hard and invested to prepare for the inevitable.

trust me, we will not come after you for paper assets or pipe dreams

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I have an economic minor... and let me tell you, I argued for a long time in most of my courses with my teacher, who loved Keynes so much...

Of course he didn't see the crash coming... and I did... and most people in the course were Keynesian... because THAT'S THE ONLY THING THEY TEACH AT SCHOOL...

Since 99% of people don't go outside their prescribed books, they will never know about libertarianism or austrian economics... That's why a lot of people are licking Obama's boots and his stimulus plan.

We'll see if they wake up in a few months when it totally fails... they'll probably blame it on Bush, or whoever opposed the first stimulus/second stimulus... because it ``wasn't big enough``...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I have an economic minor... and let me tell you, I argued for a long time in most of my courses with my teacher, who loved Keynes so much...

Of course he didn't see the crash coming... and I did... and most people in the course were Keynesian... because THAT'S THE ONLY THING THEY TEACH AT SCHOOL...

Since 99% of people don't go outside their prescribed books, they will never know about libertarianism or austrian economics... That's why a lot of people are licking Obama's boots and his stimulus plan.

We'll see if they wake up in a few months when it totally fails... they'll probably blame it on Bush, or whoever opposed the first stimulus/second stimulus... because it ``wasn't big enough``...

what is your plan when it fails?

2nd line

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
big talkers, no walkers.....

yeah.......the govt. will take care of you and yours

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join