It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If aliens do exist, what do you think they would look like?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
they might look like this

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I am assuming that is David Icke.......good looking guy, huh.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
There was this show on some years back...discovery channel perhaps, where they had some biologists and cosmologists on discussing this.

They spoke about how depending on the gravitational forces of the planet, the sun, etc...it would all contribute to the appearance and communication methods of the creatures.

Some things were constant.

The creatures were more than likely going to be omnivores. It is reasonable to assume that a omnivore is a product of advanced survival skills, which would be favorable to become the dominent species (being able to eat meat or plant would allow for greater areas on a planet of survivability during any circumstance). With that, it would need teeth both to tear apart flesh, and grind up nuts/berries/etc. so...they have some form of teeth or at least suction breakdown devices for ingestion.

They would need to have a brain ratio equal to a human in regards to percent of bodymass to brainpower, which means they would also need to protect the brain...so, a skull. Since it is a omnivore, it would have eyes facing forward verses to the sides (prey setup)...predators are naturally more dominent in nature..

There would need to be eyes...it is the ability to see which would help navigation through space (unlike a sense of smell...you cant smell your way around space, same with hearing, although that is a greater possibility than smell...priest kings of gor are complete illogical fantasy)

Other than those few criteria, the rest is simply down to environment...32 legs and a mile long tail is completely possible, along with a humanoid shape...all depends completely on the unique environments of the planet...need examples of possibilities, look deep in the ocean and insect world to see the variations of possibilities.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
huggs everyone,,,,

I also has thought on this and had many wonderfull replies,,,

most of us think they have 2 feet and 4 feet tall,,,big eyes....

but some intelligent species/ET;s might be totally different,,,and yet not travel the the stars,,,,

the cosmos is as vast as our minds and beyond it so much to understand,,,especially different univeres's/possible dimensions....

if its infinate out there,,,what we imagine is possibly there,,,.....

yet star wars(the movie) where 1000's of races at a interstellar bar I dont /cant comprehend...
but possible theres some species who do possibly mingle....

theres many different life forms here on earth,,,they are intelligent and so different,,,

as for highly advanced species???,,,
Id assume its not like star trek where all walk on 2 legs,,,

Our planet could be very deadly to some ET's,,,,as us to there planet...

so their evolution depends on their enviroment,,,,...

there are planets out there 100's and 1000's the size of ours that are like a jungle of life....,,like africa...

probly also like the movie "the mist",,,,,,we as well have poisoness buggs,,crocodiles,,sharks,,,but this is our backyard so we are immune and known to this....

some planets and lifeforms would be very disturbing and un-comprehendable in our way of looking at it,,,

theres so much out there,,,even if we could do warp 9 it would create more questions than answers on what we would see/encounter...
and not even make a .00000001% dent whats out there...

if space and the cosmos is infiinate,,,what we think is actually real in a way....

the cosmos has a way of keeping most species in their place,,,their origination,,,their solar system,,,,probly the best as well,,,,

yet I do beleive we are being visited daily....by ET's....

great post!,,,and full of imagination and thought,,,,!!!!

pardon my typos but my veiw screen is 15 inches,,,,and i cant see to good...

huggs everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

amy

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Assuming that Extraterrestrial Life was even Carbon-based (which it is actually more likely to be Silicon-based), then besides simple bacteria and single-celled organisms, complex alien life would more likely be Saurian or Insecta.

The evolution of Homo Erectus as the predominant species on our planet was entirely a fluke of nature, not a matter of mathematical probabilities. The idea that aliens would be bipedal, have opposable thumbs, along with other human characteristics, is almost ridiculous. It's about as ridiculous as the anthropomorphism we commit of our deities. The only rational explanation for such a belief in humanoid alien life would be if one were to subscribe to the seeding or genetic engineering of humankind in the likeness of an alien species.

Mathematical probabilities, assuming an Earth-like environment (which is mathematically improbable) nature would more likely evolve Saurians or Insecta to predominance. Cockroaches are the most "perfect" of species on our planet. In a parallel environment, it would be more likely that Cockroaches would evolve to predominance for example.

However, Earth has a very narrow tolerance to sustain Mammalian life. It would take very precise similarities to allow Mammalian life on other planets which isn't very likely. However, Insecta especially are far more resilient to variances in habitability, allowing far many more planets which could potentially sustain that kind of life. Bacteria even more so, being able to actually thrive in the most hostile of environments, even if just in a dormant stage.

Of course, most other planets are going to have different atmospheres, different tolerances, different building blocks for life. We couldn't even begin to imagine a Silicon-based lifeform, let alone a Methane-based one!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think that the humanoid shape (head, torso, 2 arms and 2 legs) is common amongst any other intelligent species that live in this galaxy.

In other galaxies, (or other universes if they exist) this may differ. Maybe drastically due to different conditions such as completely unknown types of star etc.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sightings
I think that the humanoid shape (head, torso, 2 arms and 2 legs) is common amongst any other intelligent species that live in this galaxy.

In other galaxies, (or other universes if they exist) this may differ. Maybe drastically due to different conditions such as completely unknown types of star etc.

Before we had television, way before we had television, we looked onto the stars. Now I would imagine any intelligent life in the universe to do so the same. Now, imagine a planet that naturally has elements containing characteristics of super advance properitites. If our planet had something like that, I gauruntee we would've been traveling the Universe a long time ago.

So I don't see why, when searching for intelligent life we work backwards.

I know there is "no" evidence, but from what information we have, I don't see why we don't work backwards. Most people say ET's look like a Grey Alien, they are telepathic, and we have some descriptions of the ships. How could they look like that and how could they build craft like that and make it here and such. I'm surprised no one has figured it out yet.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
If aliens do exist what do you think they look like? I got thinking, I hear david wilcock and all those people saying how every civilization in the universe will look like humans, I think this is stupid. I would think there are races that look 120% foreign to us. What do you guys think aliens would look like? Different DNA structure, throughout different galaxy’s? Natural selection for different animals across the galaxy/universe, might cause intelligent looking dogs, cats or whales perhaps? Maybe an underwater civilization, consisting of evolved dolphins, or whales? Mabey even a very rare civilization that can live right beside a star, living off different molecules instead of water, oxygen? I know it is 100% impossible to know, but what do you guys think of different life forms in this galaxy?

They would look like this:
diverse.freepage.de...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Cool pictures, but this channelling stuff I think is fake lol. Aren’t antimatter universes the same as matter universe same design (if they exist)??

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Cool pictures, but this channelling stuff I think is fake lol.

Some are definitely real, especially the Grey Aliens.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I think they arrived as tiny packets of genetic information,spores,which can survive in space.They landed on earth and sprouted to form huge networks beneath the soil.When they form fruiting bodies and the resulting mushrooms are eaten,the chemicals they made (out of the soil here) strongly perturb the mind of the eater to transmit their message.
They are at the least bad karmic of eaters,at the very end of the food chain.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I think that we should be aware that our idea of extraterrestrial life is highly affected from what we perceive around us. For example, when we get asked this question, we come up with different species that always happen to have some similarity with a real living organism. Think of the reptilians, we view them as lizards with human form. the greys, human shaped. If we draw a species of alien that has no intelligence, we draw something that looks like a combination of two or more animals that already live or lived in planet Earth.

So, where am I going with this you might ask? our ideas of what extraterrestrial life might look like are most likely extremely faulty, for when we imagine an entity from another planet we use concepts that as far as we know might be unique to Earth. (the way we view a tail, opposable thumbs, usual body shape, number of legs, etc.)

I believe it is most likely that if any of us is face to face with a real extraterrestrial, whether it is sentient or not, we probably won't be able to recognize any similarity with anything from our own planet and we'll probably kill it out of fear of the way it looks.

As one poster above mention, we can't even really form a picture in our heads of a silicone-based organism, and we can't even be sure of how many shapes life forms in the universe could take under several different conditions.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
There was this show on some years back...discovery channel perhaps, where they had some biologists and cosmologists on discussing this.

...all depends completely on the unique environments of the planet...

I remember the same documentary .

This is it .

Alien Planet

Google Video Link

So many possible variables , it would be highly unlikely to encounter anything approaching "human-like". Less complex organisms maybe .... it all depends on the particular environment really.

It is an understandable failure of imagine on our part ........ like trying to imagine a "new" colour .

The specifics of another possible life form may be next to impossible to imagine , but the cornucopia of strategies life forms engage in here on Earth , may be repeated elsewhere in the Cosmos . Of course i am only thinking aloud here .

And we should not focus solely on Earth , we also have the Moon and its sizeable influence on the planet to factor into mix .Seasons/ tides/ planetary stability etc all massive factors shaping life on Earth.

In the video Dr.Michio Kaku says 2014 is the targeted launch date to put the "Terrestrial Planet Finder" into space , ..... interesting times ahead .

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

If aliens do exist what do you think they look like? I got thinking, I hear david wilcock and all those people saying how every civilization in the universe will look like humans, I think this is stupid.

Bazaam! The only race of aliens that can be substantiated, the Andromedans/Annunaki/Pleiadians/Nordics/Tall Grays (aka... it is all one race of beings who came from the same planet in the Andromedan Galaxy).

People would love to divide this one race into many sub-races, to believe what they had encountered was special. But it is not.

It is this!

And nothing more.

Only the aliens found in the Utsuro Bune legend have been the alien race prominently visiting us. The Nordics and Utsuro Bune are the alien race. The Pleiadians and Utsuro Bune are the same alien race. The Tall Grays and Utsuro Bune are the same alien race. Don't be deceived by their technology. It is only a single race of humanoids that have been visiting us. There are no other Humanoid extraterrestrials.

Or to recap in Skeptical Ed's own words, "There is no humanoid extraterrestrials at all!" All true in those words except for this alien race of course:

Which ironically also happens to be this alien race:

(Pleiadian)

and this race of aliens:

(Nordic)

and through our good ole' tax dollars at work with some brainwash manipulation from the government abducting its own people to facilitate the existence of fake aliens, we have these too which are really the same aliens again:

(Tall Greys)

However in reality without any disguises or tricks (by our own government), they actually look like this:

Again it is just a pixel rendering, not a true image, like a photo.

[EDITED]

Feel free to disagree, I'm not a thought conformist unlike someone I know (aka Skeptical Ed).

And by the way, you are right it would be stupid if all aliens were like those on Star Trek, the thing is there is really only one extraterrestrial race that looks like us and the reason why they look like us is the very reason why we exist and are so different from everything else on this planet. We are in fact closer related to that pixeled woman, than we are to a Chimpanzee.

Originally posted by fraterormus
Assuming that Extraterrestrial Life was even Carbon-based (which it is actually more likely to be Silicon-based), then besides simple bacteria and single-celled organisms, complex alien life would more likely be Saurian or Insecta.

Bull! How many reptile species are there on this planet. It is true our planet use to harbor many more reptiles, but much of what we identify as Dinosaurs like the Tyrannosaurus have been proven to be birds. They even had feathers and warm blood.

The evolution of Homo Erectus as the predominant species on our planet was entirely a fluke of nature, not a matter of mathematical probabilities. The idea that aliens would be bipedal, have opposable thumbs, along with other human characteristics, is almost ridiculous. It's about as ridiculous as the anthropomorphism we commit of our deities. The only rational explanation for such a belief in humanoid alien life would be if one were to subscribe to the seeding or genetic engineering of humankind in the likeness of an alien species.

Well we are that seeding in likeness to the andromedans. We don't look like anything on this planet and that is for sure.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by DrainMaster]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
CONTINUED! IGNORE ME!

Mathematical probabilities, assuming an Earth-like environment (which is mathematically improbable) nature would more likely evolve Saurians or Insecta to predominance. Cockroaches are the most "perfect" of species on our planet. In a parallel environment, it would be more likely that Cockroaches would evolve to predominance for example.

Would you quit it with your sick obsession of Saurians. Dinosaurs are birds!

www.ucmp.berkeley.edu...

Warm blood is extremely superior to cold blood. By regulating your own temperature, you can continue working and developing at a steady race not determined so much from the environment. In other words, having warm blood makes you more independent, which allows you to try new things such as starting to develope technology.

There could be some instances were cold-blooded organisms could emerge with such high intellect, but it is rare and mostly to come to insects more than Reptoids.

So are mammals so very much dis-franchised on our planet? Bull!

However, is there really a difference between reptiles, birds, and reptiles? Not really. In fact, Mammals and Birds are nothing more than more evolved reptiles. Reptiles that will eventually evolve to encompass the intellect to drill for oil and pollute the atmosphere so badly, they will have no other choice but to move to other planets and begin the same pointless capitalistic-industrialized ritual all over again.

As Cockroaches aren't as great to evolve as you think. The fruit fly is actually more radiation resistant than the cockroach. In fact, it is a myth to really think they'll survive a nuclear explosion.

Rather the House Fly will survive and become the dominant species.

However, Earth has a very narrow tolerance to sustain Mammalian life. It would take very precise similarities to allow Mammalian life on other planets which isn't very likely. However, Insecta especially are far more resilient to variances in habitability, allowing far many more planets which could potentially sustain that kind of life. Bacteria even more so, being able to actually thrive in the most hostile of environments, even if just in a dormant stage.

Well it is true that they could make more dominance in other worlds, but the truth of the matter is. It still takes more time for them to evolve into a sentient life form, than it takes a bird or a mammal. Tis why the Andromedans who look like this
are the dominant species in both their own galaxy and this galaxy even if this galaxy is more populated by things that look like

Of course, most other planets are going to have different atmospheres, different tolerances, different building blocks for life. We couldn't even begin to imagine a Silicon-based lifeform, let alone a Methane-based one!

However it is the species that is the most technologically advance that can thrive on any world regardless of its conditions. Tis why these
are superior to these

[EDITED]

Otherwise, we wouldn't exist.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by DrainMaster]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Great video of alien planet
Couldn't see the last 30 min cause my internet is screwed up. It just makes you wonder the possibilities out there. Sort of great to, see what the experts think of aliens on other planets. They should continue a series, of how life might evolve on other planets.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I had an abduction but not with the common grey. There were to type. The first group was very scary. They looked almost like waterbug people. There faces were creepy to say the least. The other was dark grey, almost black, with scales on his face. He honestly how I still see it, he looked like a dark grey scaley frog man. Very cool!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I don't think there is any way to even guess. We probably have no idea what the conditions on their world are. They could maybe not even use carbon and instead use silicon (although due to the rareness of silicon this seems unlikely). They will quite possibly have different sensory organs, different ways of thinking, they might not feel emotion, etc. They could take so many vastly unfamiliar forms, that have zero resemblance to any life form we know of, it is impossible to guess.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join