It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If aliens do exist, what do you think they would look like?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If aliens do exist what do you think they look like? I got thinking, I hear david wilcock and all those people saying how every civilization in the universe will look like humans, I think this is stupid. I would think there are races that look 120% foreign to us. What do you guys think aliens would look like? Different DNA structure, throughout different galaxy’s? Natural selection for different animals across the galaxy/universe, might cause intelligent looking dogs, cats or whales perhaps? Maybe an underwater civilization, consisting of evolved dolphins, or whales? Mabey even a very rare civilization that can live right beside a star, living off different molecules instead of water, oxygen? I know it is 100% impossible to know, but what do you guys think of different life forms in this galaxy?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If aliens do exist, what do you think they would look like?

Very good question indeed. What should we expect an actual alien to look like as an educated guess?

The first step I suppose would be to understand basic knowledge of Earths life forms. RNA,DNA structures and patterns ect. Are the living beings on earth in the shape they are in because of the rare conditions only found here on earth? Or is there some universal structure in which we do not fully understand that would make a common denominator of species throughout the universe.

Would aliens have a head torso arms legs feet hands brain organs like us? And if so, would there be any link of ancestry of earth based life forms along side alien life forms.

My most ponderous question is would we know what alien life is even if we looked for it. I really don't know. But I hope somebody out there knows.

Nice thread.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Some look exactly like us.
Some look very different.
The Grays have been here since before Adam and Eve.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
..well

70 million years ago..very alien like creatures roamed the Earth.

Most had two eyes
Most had four legs............
Some had two...
Some had arms...

They went bye bye.

70 million years later..

Most have two eyes
Most have four legs
some have two..
some have arms..

Something tells me there may be some sort of 'galactic blueprint' but can also be quite different.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think that they look like us. Exactly like us. But what that does is proves that there is a god because Darwin's theory goes right out the window.
So consequently we will never know who aliens are because it's gods plan to test our faith, not destroy it.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lizardlover

I think we were "seeded" here from the Vega Star system.
However, our eternal spirits are from heaven.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yes I agree with that :-D

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/1/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I believe more in the theory that "aliens" are more spiritural/supernatural, so I think they could appear as literally anything - even humans.

I think the little gray and green creatures with big eyes and long fingers are way too hollywood for me to believe that is what people have really encountered.

I didnt use to "believe" in any of this stuff....but the more Im around it (IE, reading about it here at ATS), the more I believe its all spiritual/supernatural.

Just my .02

[edit on November 1st 2009 by greeneyedleo]

link   
Like, if every race looks like us, then...wow.. That would be sad. No offense but if there is a creator I would want to make diversity among intelligent organisms, not make them look like clones. I am interested in panspermia, that seems more like an interesting topic then, everyone being like clones.

link   
Not sure what they would look like. Nut some assumptions could be made. If they have become a technological space traveling species you know right off the bat they aren't some bug-eyed clawed-appendage monster or anything, lol.

They would have to have manual dexterity, and the means to manipulate the their environment enough to promote technological advancement. So, sure they may have more than two arms, or more than two dexterous appendages per arm, but I don't think it would be unrecognizable. As far as how tall they are, I think that depends on the gravity of their home planet. I think they would be bipedal. I also think they would see and hear possible above and below what we can, depending again on their home planet/solar system.

As far as brain function, I don't think they would be that different from us. Sure, they would behave and reason/act much differently than us, but I think they would have the same basic brain inner-workings. I also think they would share a very recognizable history to our own.

That is, unless they have become so advance that they have engineered themselves beyond their natural state, in which case who knows, they could have vastly different forms depending on the job they need to preform, or the planet they are exploring.

Fun stuff to think about.

But beyond what they look like, I would really want to know two things: What makes them laugh and what does their music sound like? There would be plenty of top scientist looking into all the other stuff, but humor and music is universal to me.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The largest population of life on earth is insects. I forget the number but it's estimated at 90%. So that's my opinion on what they would look like.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Interesting, be supernatural, do you mean, from a different plane of existence, or supernatural from our perspective?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Probably extremely diverse with some looking like us.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Interesting, be supernatural, do you mean, from a different plane of existence, or supernatural from our perspective?

I mean, just like angels and demons would be in existence. Not to get all religious - as I am not, and that is not my intention. But the likely of all 3 existing is on the same playing field IMO. I just dont see them as little creatures that are portrayed in movies, books, etc. I think they could appear to people as anything they wanted. I guess that could also be the "hollywood" version, too.

I think the whole "alien" phenomenon goes way beyond creatures traveling xx amount of time from some distant planet to whirl around in blurry UFOs! I think there has to be much more to it, on a more spiritual/supernatural type level (spiritual in whatever that means to people)

Just some thoughts
Im by no means an expert on this subject! And actually very new to it (see my registration date)

[edit on November 1st 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mvirata
The largest population of life on earth is insects. I forget the number but it's estimated at 90%. So that's my opinion on what they would look like.

I am sensing a Starship Troopers feel coming from that comment. I like that idea.

If cockroaches are going to be one of the only living creatures on this planet after a nuclear war, perhaps that is what happened on another planet, and with evolution, they grow larger, more intelligent, and more angry. Clean up after your planet, or else we might get invaded by an infestation.

Edit: Not to mention having to be resistant to radiation in space travel.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Nematode]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
i think that they all look the same as us, but with different evolutionary features due to their planets. like some with webbed feet and hands or thick skin from a heavily electrifyed atmosphere or resistances to extreme teperatures.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The Gray's have been here before Adam and Eve, the Gnostic's talk about them and describe two types, one the Gray's and two the Reptilians, they say they were created at the time our Galaxy was formed, since they are not Organic they cannot live here.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
With panspermia and how DNA can survive and replicate under extreme conditions, it seems that there would be little small men. Not 1 ft, but maybe 3-4 ft. Why not, if gravity is very high on a planet it would cause them not to be that tall. Who knows I was reading something about the kelvin scale, and photosynthesis on other planets from different kinds of stars, and it shows (of course there only theory's) how plants, trees don’t have to be green in nature, they could be purple or pink, all the time depending on certain conditions. If plant life can be diverse who’s to say animal life can't? Look at the diversity on one planet. Can you imagine the possibilities of all the planets in the universe? I can’t even contemplate the idea because it is so huge. Over a sextillion different possibilities!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

It's my guess they use genetic engineering to work the bugs out.
100% chance of not having down syndrome, ADD, or defects.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

well, if they are smart enough they could.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join