It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I a white racist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Obviously I do not think American society is 'self-sustaining', simply that America's food supply is. Personally, I see that as the most important product for any country, first and foremost.

As for everything else in America? Obviously America is not rich in the resources or man-power to create its favourite 'toys'... ie. computer, cell phone, etc....

I am just saying that I don't believe America would devastate any attempt on Africa's part, to start producing some corn(/wheat/nuts/fruits/bunnies/whatever).

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Earlier this year the Dalai Lama was supposed to come for a vist (I think his second to SA). People were excited, and not for any political purposes. Then, he was refused some document, and despite ANC apologist Pallo Jordan, there was outrage. We've obviously moved from our ideal as a free country where anyone can practise freedom of speech!
We are supported by the "amoral" - forces who don't interfere with us (ie. ANC thieving), and we don't complain vice-versa.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by Silver Shadow

True, poverty dehumanizes people. Politis (say, Nazi Germany) dehumanizes people. However, I quote here from Kieth B. Richburg's: "Out of America: A black man confronts Africa" (p. 134, Jonathan Ball, 1997):
"There was one last photograph...this one taken in a Nairobi slum ...shows a boy, maybe a teenager lying flat on his back, being held down by a mob, screaming with terror. One of his hands has been chopped off. An older man is standing over him, gleefully holding what looks like a giant meat cleaver. The older man with the weapon is smiling, preparing to drop down hard and chop off the other hand. The caption explains that the boy has been caught stealing...I became fixated first on the boy's screaming face, but then in the faces of the crowd...they are all laughing and smiling. And I ask myself, what on earth could these people be thinking?"
Truth be told, these scenes are common in townships across SA. Shaka wiped out 25 tribes, Mugabe is doing so now. If Africa is ever to succeed these issues should be addressed.

What that shows is that Africans can be just like Europeans or americans without help. What would you call Hitler and his regime, or the slavery of blacks in the US, or killing indians with blankets with small pox and when not good enough put them in reservations etc. etc. etc.. That black man that was over that child and smiling with glee about to hack off his hand, was showing exactly what happens in the US even to this day. That child wasn't his and anyone he knew or cared about, so he didn't show any compassion or cared about the fate of the child. It happens here in the US all the time, where adults black or white or whatever will show deference to a child of their "own tribe" but when another child that doesn't look like them or doesn't act like them they will show contempt and disrespect and even smile and laugh at the child being hurt or humiliated. I know, I had a dentists when I was a child back in the 70's treat me horribly while I had gas to help in the cavity process. He grabbed my mouth and told me to shut up and told me I talked to much (being on gas and a child) and their was a nurse sitting right by him smiling after he did it.

You see we have alot of monsters in this country and evil people. What we do is to hide it from the world and our own people. Remember alot of our dirt happens behind closed doors, if you don't believe it just google the same crimes like butchery and rape and child abuse etc. that you see over in Africa. You have to have psychological problems if you can't show empathy to a person especially a child. But don't worry, we in the US will be solidly in a third world country situation and then you will see how much we have in common with Africa.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

I don't know what you're thinking, either.

Obviously, you're not thinking critically or you'd be able to distinguish between the kinds of events you cite.

While you're pondering, think about the nations of German and Japan when you consider conquests and extrapolate from there.

[edit on 2009/11/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

Well with money SA ain't so bad. Just avoid state institutions. In some areas basic hygiene and certain drugs are a luxury. Perhaps watching Aljazeera's "Saving Soweto" episodes will give you an inkiling. The thing is, these were all functional, modern institutions before 1994. The day-to- day suffering of poor black people in this country is immense. And still we have the expanding shanty-towns, the rubber-bullets and tear-gas. Just now it's not "evil whites" shooting, so nobody cares any more.
The land redistribution program has been a general failure. We have abandoned farms, and former fruitful orchards that are now informal settlements. As usual corruption and stealing is everywhere. And the people doing the main stealing are not poor (far from it). We already have food insecurity. Starvation may be in the pipeline soon. But that's nothing, we have thousands of refugees streaming in from Zimbabwe, the Congo, Somalia, Nigeria and more. We see the "Zimbos" here at the traffic lights, thin as rakes, begging for morsels. The rest of Africa is somehow even unimaginably worse! Our white engineers have been driven out (we have about 400 surgeons left for public hospitals), so our water supply is starting to collapse with the extra population pressure. The army is in chaos, and border control is an oxymoron. The ANC under Mbeki bought R60 Billion worth of frigates, submarines and other weapons in a corrupt internatinal arms deal. These things are now standing around, and nobody knows how to use or maintain them. Over 4000 white productive farmers have been slaughtered since 1994. One well known ANC chant is "Kill the boer, the farmer", and "One settler, one bullet". The signature tune of Jacob Zuma is "Get me my machine gun". Nice. Farm murders are dismissed as crime, yet sometimes people are disembowled, castrated, tortured with clothing irons, and in at least one case the breasts were cut off a white woman to make "muti" (African black witchcraft). "White pig" and similar slogans are found on the walls. I hope we can pull 2010 thru. It's also not all bad, but oh boy, our local blacks must take a long hard look at themselves, and stop focusing on their victim mentality.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

How about this take -- Africa should solve its own problems. Europe should solve its problems. Ditto for everywhere else. We should keep our nose out of it. There's no harm in selling them products, or even weapons if they are friendly to us, but it's not our job to save them from themselves.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
I know that black people are equal in intelligence to whites

You know this how? Several studies have indicated that the average intelligence of blacks is significantly lower than the average intelligence of Caucasians and East-Asians. Gould's premise of racial equality does not seem to be consistent with scientific inquiry.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It's not about the colour of your skin, it's about the education you receive.

These people are idiots, if there were white men in there with that level of education they'd be doing the exact same thing. The only thing they know is killing and surviving.

Edit: Spelling, what a coincidence.

[edit on 19/11/09 by WishForWings]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Berens

South Africa is apparently doing quite a bit of arms selling itself, and apparently their is not a single undemocratic dictator whom they don't support.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings
It's not about the colour of your skin, it's about the education you receive.

It's a mixture of education and genetics. Racial differences account to more than just different skin and hair type. Just like you see among dogs, there are differences between race in intelligence and character albeit these traits are all distributed by their own particular Bell curve (which means extremes of all traits exist among all races).

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I found the following interesting: the ANC is involved in arming dictators, from North Korea and Syria to Zimbabawe (see allafrica.com...). Yet, it is also currently involved in a law suit against a host of multi-national firms that profited from apartheid (web.ccsu.edu...).
Mbeki did not support the Jubilee 2000 law-suits, however, Pres. Zuma appears to be in agreement with them. Mbeki's support for Mugabe was vocal and infamous. I think he feared that victims of the regimes he suppored would one day sue him, and there is a real case for Zimbabweans to sue the ANC for propping up Mugabe.
Interestingly this week a local discussion focused on whether Mbeki should be charged with genocide over his Aids denialism, and a Truth Commission on Aids is proposed to question how a "modern state" could fall for such pseudo-science.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

It's not about tolerance. They do not have the tools to get out of their present predicament. Countries like the US among others keep these places poor for a reason my friend.

Third world countries exist because the 1st world is too self absorbed in itself and has no need or want to help other developping nations.

Now we do send them food and aid every year, that's all well and nice but we do not provide them with any "real" support in order for them to move forward.

We simply allow the status quo to continue. Unfortunate but true.

~Keeper

I could not have put it any better.

To the OP, you could not have any 1st world countries without 2nd and 3rd countries.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by colec156

Is that not saying God is a racist?
I mean there are crowds of dark, waving reborns in every poverty stricken country (to the advantage of Benny Hinn and Reinhard Bonke). The poor give and give, but these countries are never blessed.
Does God only bless a white man's country?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join