It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious resistance on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Why has there been so much religious resistance on ATS recently?
Have you ever noticed that when something strongly good comes out, the evil pundits begin attacking it. And they assault the good topics with nefarious vigor.
IMHO, this attack is related to the insecurity that the evil one has against itself, which eventually leads to termination ie: Adolf Hitler committing suicide. Evil knows that it will lose in the end and wants to take as many souls with it that it can. Evil will discredit everything good within its claws. Evil is the preverbal crab bucket, when one crab tries to escape the bucket by clawing it’s way to the top, the others will pull it back down to the bottom. That is the way of evil. It is no different here on ATS. Whenever any posting of good emerges, the crabs try to tear it down. Their pompous wisdom will announce their findings in grammatical flaws, or links that are momentarily down within the post. Therefore, look up, keep climbing, and the Holy Ghost will inspire you, and the Lord Jesus Christ will save you!
For naught, signal the detractors to begin.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The problem is that those of us who don't share your blind religious following get reallly tired of seeing THREAD after THREAD after THREAD about how great Christianity is. I mean, can you really talk about the same thing all day and all night long? Do we really need a new religious thread every several hours or can we just add to the many already floating around here on BTS.

"Evil Pundits"? Really? So we're evil merely for disagreeing with you?

Oy vey.
:shk:

[edit on 1/11/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

[edit on 1/11/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

There is no such thing as good and evil, or right and wrong.

The only true feelings are love and fear, that's it.

Everything else just spawns off of those.

Of course, this is my opinion of course and I am not prone to stating it everywhere.

respectfully........

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

You do realize that your post, and the image in your avatar, contradict one another?
Just my observation.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
So when we disagree we are bad? What about when I speak of my Pagan spirituality and the Christians attack back at me? That is ok?

-Kyo

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Why has there been so much religious resistance on ATS recently?
Have you ever noticed that when something strongly good comes out, the evil pundits begin attacking it. And they assault the good topics with nefarious vigor.

You write that post and then wonder at the "resistance" you get? OK, what makes you think anyone will submit to you?

What exactly is the something "strongly good" that came out?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I think people are misinterpreting what you're saying here. They think you're talking about religion when clearly you are not. The thing is I think that some people religiously will defend their belief systems and will put that ahead of discussing the topic at hand- or the point of the topic being discussed. It happens when people have an agenda in mind- I'm not saying that the people making topics don't have agendas either- I'm just saying when it typically occurs.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It's always nice to be lectured about evil by those whose religion in the past:

1. condoned animal sacrifice (Cain and Abel anyone?)
2. tortured and burned people for not sharing their beliefs (Inquisition, Witch trials, Crusades)
3. condoned slavery (in both ancient and relatively modern times)
4. support the idea that those who don't believe as they do are only going to be damned (which is, the majority of the world's population).
and other atrocities too numerous to mention (rape, murder, etc., all the sins really, have been done in the Lord's name at one time or another)

Personally, if a person is religious, hey, good for them, I hope it provides the direction and guidance they are seeking, but it's evangelism that needs to go. Don't try to force it on those who don't want it. I strive to be a good person, and I need no ancient book or rules to tell me what is right or wrong. (And if I'm wrong, and I'm damned for it, then well, I don't want to be a part of a people who would condemn a good man solely because he didn't share their beliefs)...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
ATS, BTS or any other forum will never satisfy anyone in any manner in this discussion. And if you do or don't believe in the teachings of the lord then express your thoughts and fears amongst your peers. But don't assume that the Internet is a proper forum to talk about your ideas on religion when it comes to consensus. People will believe whatever they want and express any ideas in whatever manner is allowed on the forum. If you want to hear positive feedback on any specific religion go to their church.

added banana for effect.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by badmoviefan]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
For whatever reason, this thread made me remember this song: LOL!

IRM

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

In re: OP

Just briefly... I do not come here to weigh my faith or wear it upon my sleeve. My walk with God is strictly a personal matter that is not unlike the intimate relationship one has with a spouse or other loved one. No good can come from airing it in public.

If someone asks, I will share but to go looking for those opposed is simply asking for trouble and ill feelings where none really need exist.

Why poke a beast (*as a metaphor for acrimony) if it is sleeping?

Edit: * Metaphoric definition

[edit on 26-11-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

There shouldn't be any of this actually if people would just pay attention posting/creating threads in the right forums.

Example, If you're Atheist, you shouldn't bother ridiculing religious people in their own religious forum in BTS. Consequently, it's completely out of place for a religious person to argue with someone about science against their religious beliefs in the science and technology forums! It's simply someone letting their emotions take over sound reasoning over quite simple rules or logic or common sense.

Anything religious-related discussion should only be confined to our two forums, unless it's truly ground-breaking article.

top topics

join