It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

distinct feeling that i am being watched by the fbi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
this has just recently kicked into effect.
i wonder if it is just my paranoia due to my illness as this type of thing is common with mania....or, they are monitoring my web surfing habits.

i have noticed my computer seems to bog down more lately....just not as smoothe as usual.
i figure between here and the blogs i post on myspace it is probably not outside the realm of possibility that i am being watched

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
What kind of maintenance do you perform on the PC?

Also, what kind of PC, Memory, etc.

For starters try this :

If you don't already have these, DL them and then click update, make sure you've got the most recent versions and then run them.

Ccleaner

Glarys

You might also try to clean out your PC, depending on how old it is, well actually wouldn't hurt anyway.

Take the side of the case off and spray out the dust with some compressed air. Be very careful not to touch anything or to blow high pressure on the inside, just get the dust out.

This should be a good start to help keeping your machine running smoothly.

Let us know if it helps.

Malwarebytes

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Tread lightly buddy, and if you suspect this is just your thoughts over riding all else, you could be correct.
I know it's hard, but monitor that paranoia carefully.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

it's got to be my illness right?
i mean there is no way the feds are really monitoring me but i FEEL that they are....
i hate this.....

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

Use the force luke.... see my post.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Ccleaner is the man! (run it in safe mode for extra safety)

I just had to post because most people have forgotten the original name - The C stands for something peoples!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Anything you post online can be read by others. (kinda the reason you post online) That being said. The FBI probably isn't looking at you specifically. What does happen however is programs run through websites looking for keywords. Those keywords get logged. Enough keywords trigger automatic responses and your username gets flagged.

Then that username is put into the search so everything that username writes is logged.

Not that there is some fed watching over your shoulder. But a computer is just keeping tabs.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I've never used it in safe mode. Good idea.

Hey, now I have to figure out what key to hit for safe mode on my HP laptop.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
still got that feeling.
feel like i'm being monitored...watched from afar
could this really be happening to me?
i know this is not much of a post i just wanted to update

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Heck, we're all probably being watched, but I really don't think it's whats causing your computer to "bog down".

Try what I posted, you should see results.

Also, how much memory are you running, more memory = better / faster performance.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
As for your computer
I use Eusing registery cleaner (its a freebie)
adaware
and Avira virus scanner.

I let the first two almost run daily, it takes only a couple of minutes. The third one runs at scheduled times.

If you haven't done this before maybe you can defragmentize your hard drive, check for faults on the drive, etc. I do this once a month, but it takes a very long time. It does make a lot of difference in performance though.

As for being watched, I think we all feel like that at times, at least I do, but I'm paranoid as hell! LOL
sometimes I swear I see the same people at different places which are miles appart, Or I hear clicking in my telephone, etc etc... I'm sure it's a paranoia thing. Think of it this way, if they wanted you gone, you would have dissapeared by now, so no worries (just laugh out loud and call them any name you can think off .. and hope they hear it )

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Sorry about that. I don't mean to make you nervous, but I can't seem to stop myself.

I shall try better disguises in the future so as not to scare you.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Starting hitting the "F8" key as soon as you hit the power button to get into "safe mode"

My young pad-a-won forgot to mention to download and run defraggler -a third party defragging program.

Also, have you downloaded all the M$ updates???

Also, in my person and professional experience (I own my own computer company) I "ONLY" use Glary utilities to clean registry.

Messing with the registry is the fastest way to destroy a computer

As an add on to elevated, rerun each program until it stops finding problems.
This may be twice or 6 times or more.

In short, keep running each program until it stops finding issues.

The last thing you will do is defrag.

Feel free to u2u me or elevated for more help.

BTW, if it makes you feel any better, everything you described sounds like a computer that needs maintenance, not being spied on.... seriously.

Lastly, do you use a firewall??

If not, you need to, let me or elevated know and we will post a few links to goods-free-legal ones.

[edit on 11/2/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
In addition to a good firewall, you might want to consider something like PeerGuardian2 or ProtoWall, if you're feeling paranoid. Download the program, add all available blocklists, and update the blocklists regularly.

TA

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by thing fish
still got that feeling.
feel like i'm being monitored...watched from afar
could this really be happening to me?

Unless your someone with information important enough to bring down a government, or some homicidal axe wielding maniac, I would say "NO it is not really happening to you"!

IRM

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't after you." -Catch 22

I'll be honest man, you do have me a little worried.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The FBI watching you is not going to cause your computer to "bog down".
Months and years of use with no "cleaning" will cause the PC to "bog down".

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

worried why?
cause i seem paranoid

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Just because you're paranoid.... don't mean they're not after you

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup