It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elton John suffering 'serious' infection, flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Singer Elton John has postponed several more concert dates, putting off three performances with Billy Joel in the United States in November.

John recently put on hold the final dates of his Red Piano tour in Britain and Ireland.

A posting on his website over the weekend said promoters were "informed by management that Elton has been advised by his doctor to postpone these performances due to a serious case of E. coli bacterial infection and influenza."

That means his concerts with Joel in Seattle on Nov. 4 and 7 and another in Portland, Ore., on Nov. 10 are postponed.

The pair already had a previous postponement in the summer during their Face 2 Face tour. Joel had to pull out because he got sick. They had been on the road for two months at that point.

Fans are being asked to hold on to their tickets.

The cancelled concerts in Britain and Ireland are expected to be back on in December.

British media are reporting that John has checked in to a hospital in London. His Canadian partner, David Furnish, told reporters the performer is "fine."

www.cbc.ca...

[edit on 1-11-2009 by ZombieSlayer]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't really have anything to say on this topic but figure some of you guys might find this interesting. Here are a few other links I found.

Elton John cancels more concerts
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Seriously-ill Elton John cancels concerts
www.independent.co.uk...

Flu Forces Elton John to Cancel Concerts
www.people.com...

Elton John hospitalised
tvnz.co.nz...

[edit on 1-11-2009 by ZombieSlayer]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Sounds like it might be the bad Aids to me going the way of Freddie Mercury. Anyone got Elton on a sweepstake ?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I recall yesterday a topic about celebrities dying from H1N1 to scare people into getting vaccinated. I'm pretty sure the loss of Elton John would touch millions, and effectively scare them into getting poked.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I created a thread yesterday which dealt with celebrities being used in the propaganda campaign for H1N1 and I predicted one or more celebrities dying as a result to influence people to get the vaccine.

Perhaps Elton John will be the first...

I certainly hope not.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

According to the above post, E. John was recently in Ukraine... perhaps his sickness is connected...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Here's an article on CNN that backs up the claim that Elton John was recently in the Ukraine.

Let Elton John and his partner adopt

On a recent tour of a Ukrainian orphanage, Elton John and his partner met Lev, a 14-month old HIV-positive boy.

They immediately fell in love with the child, but their possible bid to adopt the adorable tiny dancer was rejected by Yuriy Pavlenko, Ukraine's Family, Youth and Sports Minister.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieSlayer
Elton John and his partner met Lev, a 14-month old HIV-positive boy.They immediately fell in love with the child.

What if old johnboy has got himself HIV positive?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Who'll record the Candle in the Wind tribute?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The man is old and he has the flu and a virus and besides that he is a celebrity.

So of course its serious. Most celebrities get a runny nose and they think it requires an ambulance.

Just another old man who has gotten sick.

top topics

join