It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Lucid dreaming be caused from the cerebellum? Could consciousness arise from dreaming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have learnt how to lucid dream a little bit. It usually happens when I don’t expect it. One time about 2 days ago it was around 5 in the morning and I went back to sleep, but when I went back to sleep I was conscious, and felt myself going into a dream. I kept getting lighter and lighter. Then right before I hit the dream, I felt pain (maybe a sensation similar to what pain feels like) in the back of my head. So this getting me wondering, after I felt the pain in the back of my head boom I was aware I was dreaming. So what if the REM, dream process could be produced in the cerebellum? From what we know REM is a mysterious process in our brain which we do not know much about. We know there is a region of the brain that plays an important role in the integration of sensory perception, coordination and motor control. That is the cerebellum. Ever feel like your sensory input in a lucid dream is more static like (when you really look at your surroundings), and your motor control is more fluid like? Maybe this is where dreaming starts then eventually goes to different regions of the brain due to neuroplasticity .We also know the cerebellum arises around 5-6 weeks in the womb (pretty sure). Now what if the cerebellum can be were dreaming starts as a baby? Could consciousness arise from constant dreaming inside the womb? Maybe this dreaming process is how the soul/universal energy contemplates itself? I am just putting some ideas together. What do you guys thinkcc

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well I can't tell you what makes you dream and perhaps that will help you in your questions.

Dreaming is the product of a massive drug trip you have everytime you go to sleep.

That's a little shocking I know, but your peneal gland produces a chemical called '___' which if you do a little research is considered one of the most potent and illegal drugs on the planet.

Anyway, when you are in a REM cycle dream state, you are effectively "tripping" on said '___'.

So technically, all dreams are just waking hallucinations in which we think we are asleep

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I heard that it is only a theory, ('___' being produced while sleeping)?? Also I think dreaming is way more complicated than being '___'. I say this because sometime dreams can be so normal, and not even fun. I bet everyone has had a boring dream. '___' does not cause boring dream. It would cause kaleidoscopic dreams, with a lot of insight. It might contribute towards dreaming, but I believe it is not the only reason why we dream. What about people who get there pineal gland removed, and they can still dream. This revolves around the cerebellum or the brains plasticity (Maybe).

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Consciousness seems to me to be something inherent to all things that are alive, just in differing degrees. I'd say your brain and nervous system are what determine how you experience consciousness as a human, but I don't at all believe they create your consciousness. I believe consciousness is an inherent property to the unified field that just takes opportunities to incarnate when it gets them in the physical world.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
I heard that it is only a theory, ('___' being produced while sleeping)?? Also I think dreaming is way more complicated than being '___'. I say this because sometime dreams can be so normal, and not even fun. I bet everyone has had a boring dream. '___' does not cause boring dream. It would cause kaleidoscopic dreams, with a lot of insight. It might contribute towards dreaming, but I believe it is not the only reason why we dream. What about people who get there pineal gland removed, and they can still dream. This revolves around the cerebellum or the brains plasticity (Maybe).

has anybody ever had their pineal gland removed???

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I dont know about on ATS, but look on the internet, it does happen.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
As I would go to sleep as a little kid I would see the fractals that people who have tried dmt mentioned and I recognize the simmolarities between UFO obductions and dmt trips. REM state sleep is said to happen around 3 am on a normal sleeping schedule and that is when the pineal gland is most active and when dmt levels are highest. The similarites between dmt and dreams are remarkably similar

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
As I would go to sleep as a little kid I would see the fractals that people who have tried dmt mentioned and I recognize the simmolarities between UFO obductions and dmt trips. REM state sleep is said to happen around 3 am on a normal sleeping schedule and that is when the pineal gland is most active and when dmt levels are highest. The similarites between dmt and dreams are remarkably similar

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by elfulanozutan0

There are similarities, but hardly enough to consider dreaming a '___' experience. Not trying to talk about drugs but think of it like this, what about the drugs half-life, the amount of time it stays in your system. If you wake up from a dream in the middle of a night, or randomly wake up, wouldn’t you still feel the intoxicating effects of '___'? You would because it can’t leave your system that fast, in a matter of a second. When you get up to go to the washroom in the middle of the night from a dream, you dont see walls moving while going to the washroom. It "might" be a protagonist towards dreaming, but I bet there is way more to dreaming then some '___'.

new topics

top topics

join