It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true and real identity of the Devil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The title does not necessarily mean the topic is religious in nature, however, the identity of the devil is obvious. The devil is YOU. All who walk the planet and live as humans are the Devil, according to someone.

Think on it. People get married, then they fight, get divorced, take each other to court, sometimes try to get their spouse thrown in jail or killed. It happens.

Children fight with their parents, their siblings and wish God would take them away.

Neighbours fight with each other over the most insane reasons.

Everywhere you look, someone is prosecuting someone somewhere. Every day, someone is being slandered by someone, and everyone on planet Earth is a participant in complaining about someone else.

The Devil is everywhere, because the Devil is YOU, the Devil is US.

We are born needing food, water, clothing and shelter to survive. We fight over the resources here to continue our existence, we make up stories about others who piss us off because of their personal beliefs or our own belief system.

The stereotyping about Indians, Pakistanians, Iranians, Chinese people, Black People, Gays, Jews, the list goes on forever.

The dehumanization of people by labels such as pedestrian, driver, civilian, nurse, clerk, lawyer, politician, warehouser, labourer, hockey player, you name it, if you exist, you are a label and a number. Not a human!

We are all the Devil. We are all part of one big Sin Tank called Planet Earth. TO exist here from the offerings, we will do whatever it takes to fulfill our needs, and in many cases, we will do non-honourable things to others to fulfill our fantasies.

We are all sinners in accordance with Biblical term. We are all unworthy of perfection in accordance with the eyes of God in accordance to the Bible.

I myself, I know the Bible is written by man, interpreted by man and believed by man (and lets not forget man includes wo"man"). All human beings are born into a new space suit with new oxygen tanks, eyes and ears for experience devices, the body forces us to act when we are hungry.

No escape from reality. We are born with emotions that trigger into jealousy as we get older, and those emotions can cause murder in adulterous situations. We are by design, the element of what we refer to as a DEVIL.

I do not believe in a Satan or God as the Bible states, why? Simply put, if people can laugh at someone for saying they believe in UFOs when millions of people have recorded them on photograph or video, while two billion Christians can believe in an invisible GOD they never seen, well then...

Our world, our history is based on belief and perception, and if this is the case, then our whole history is based on theory and lies. Maybe Jesus really lived and maybe psychopaths in law enforcement killed him, maybe their actions were really murderous and the concept of a sacrifice is really a concept created by the government and church who participated in his death.

No escape, we are all demons of the great Devil, and the Great Devil is Planet Earth itself. All who enter do so at their own risk, because once you enter, you get a prison uniform called a physical body and you are stuck in this prison until you remove the uniform. Then you can leave the prison, with or without the warden's permission. However, in the meantime, you have to survive in a prison environment called Planet Earth and it is dog eat dog here.

Until the universe steps in to change the basic nature of the human species here on Earth, the repetition of injustices throughout history will continue to repeat itself.

Peace, Love and Goodwill Friends,

Regards,

The DEVIL

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I've just checked to be sure.
I'm not the devil.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Unleashed68

You obviously speak for yourself.
You attempt, and possibly do, distract the ones whose eyes remain closed by our Father, and remain jealous of his creation.
The Lord rebukes you!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. The devil was just a metaphor in my opinion for the evils in man. Which seem to be more aparent in the last 500 years of our history.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ukmadmax
I've just checked to be sure.
I'm not the devil.

Same here...no I'm not the devil....

The devil is the devil...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
There are good people on Earth, just like there are bad ones.

I've been married 37 years and get along with my chidren.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
There are good people on Earth, just like there are bad ones.

I've been married 37 years and get along with my chidren.

The point that was being made was not synonymous for all, rather a generalization. Although you don't fight with your family, many have, and more than likely you have had battles with a neighbour or co-worker, or someone at a retail store who in turn seen you as the bad one, or the devil. Remember, the post is not about a real devil, it is more a metaphor for what we as humans do to one another.

It was never meant to insult, just to open minds.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Unleashed68]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
By the way, sure there are good people, but remember, we all point fingers at others, and we all have someone we believe is the bad one, and to others out there, some may see us the good one, some also see us the bad one as well.

There is no perfect human, therefore, there is no angel here, which means someone sees you or me as the devil in the opinion and persepective.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unleashed68
By the way, sure there are good people, but remember, we all point fingers at others, and we all have someone we believe is the bad one, and to others out there, some may see us the good one, some also see us the bad one as well.

There is no perfect human, therefore, there is no angel here, which means someone sees you or me as the devil in the opinion and persepective.

Sorry but I would disagree, I believe there are perfect people, people who's intellect has ascended this physical world we are accustom to.

I myself have overcome many of my own self centered veiws of others, when ever I see another person, the word that comes to my mind is peace.
The word does not come out of any fear I could have of that person, it might be that I would feel sorry for the person, but I don't, I project peace to that person.
I was once lost in this place, but thru the years I have come to many relization, one of which is that we are all one, when I see others I see myself.
I commune with my Creator everyday as much as possible, I have not fear of anything in this place, the fears I have reside with others.
It might be a good time to take a good look at yourself, if you relize it does not matter what the other person thinks, it matters what you think, feel.

Become a light in the darkness.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/4b7cf2b9796e056c.jpg[/atsimg]
This is the real devil. David Icke is a traitor tho his own kind.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

The point that was being made was not synonymous for all, rather a generalization. Although you don't fight with your family, many have, and more than likely you have had battles with a neighbour or co-worker, or someone at a retail store who in turn seen you as the bad one, or the devil. Remember, the post is not about a real devil, it is more a metaphor for what we as humans do to one another.

It was never meant to insult, just to open minds.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Unleashed68]

in so many words 'fail'

the devil is not a metaphor for things people do, nor when someone does something 'bad' do I think they are the devil.

The devil is the devil simple.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
The devil is in hell . God is in heaven . the earth is not hell or heaven ,

it is in the middle . the devil is adept at mind control , is very happy the

way things are , but can only operate in the present .

God works above time and can influence the future .

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
There could be a Devil.
It would be a contradiction of the power of God to have such a thing to appear without his say so. The devil was cast down from Heaven for attempting to usurp the throne of God, although we're informed by the Bible that God only gave 'choice' to humans. Therefore, God must have given choice to Angels as well. God being the deity that he is is able to see the past and future (being omnipotent) and would have seen the Morning Star's rebellion ahead. So despite this, he allowed it to take place. Of course this only makes sense if you believe in the one God theory

It gets more interesting if you start believing or just entertaining the idea of more than one god. The devil then turns into a separate deity, which with the correct structuring and marketing, turns into a bad guy, as with all pagan gods.

Or you could just believe in the preposterous idea that it was created to get bums on pews in churches, creating one of the wealthiest and most influential organisations in the world that even Kings & Queens had to adhere to the rules

Come to Church or Burn for all eternity in the fires of Hell!

Don't question authority:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a78c78c1836f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2e2c26a6ae6.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6ea9313506a.jpg[/atsimg]

Although you could also believe what my mother says which is:

The greatest trick the devil did was to convince the world he didnt exist

[edit on 2/11/09 by Daisy-Lola]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The One became Dualality, Mutiplicity, all things then occurred, all poosiblities possible.
The choice is yours, though we are in the vail of ingnorance the Truth is before you, by that all your questions are anwsered.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hmm heres a horror story maybe God himself is the devil. U think about this if god walked the earth today how u think he is going to feel in regards what we done to this planet that was once a paradise? He be extremely mad imo and with the power he has at his disposal from our point of view he will be the devil.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I don't know who the devil is but I know where he is,he went down to Georgia

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Please keep in mind the post was meant to be metaphorical and not a religious sense of the word Devil. My post and belief is that we are all born of the same needs to survive and this need causes us to do things against others whether verbal or physical, without regard to survive. In that sense, it fits the description of what the word Devil would relate to.

But then again, maybe there really is a red skinned horned deity that runs around with a pitchfork cursing an invisible being that loves humanity yet damns them all the time for sinning. I personally choose to accept that before there is an existence, the thought of existence must first be perceived to achieve. From there, the line of creation is infinite. Therefore, there MUST be one creator of all existence, and probably the first seeds of thought born into existence inevitably became the God(s) that the beings on any planet believe are the Father or the Mother God(s).

After all, if humanity is an expample of mentality, we look for leaders to appoint to solve our problems and woes, and when all else fails, conjure up an all benevolent loving superbeing who will exact revenge on your behalf and condemn your enemy.

A little food for thought.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm not seeing where you're going with this thread. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

each person has a soul/spirit.
human nature is bad/evil/sinful.
evil is manifest with the unbridled pontification of one or more of the seven deadly sins.
the seven virtues refute these vices.
we have self will and can choose to live by virtue or by vice.
the spirit/soul lives forever and is accountable for the willful choices it allowed to happen

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Think on it. People get married, then they fight, get divorced, take each other to court, sometimes try to get their spouse thrown in jail or killed. It happens.

Most throughout all of recorded human history (and even now) get 'married' and remain in fidelity to one another until death dissolves the union.

Children fight with their parents, their siblings and wish God would take them away.

Most throughout all of recorded human history protect, defend and provide for the family...and look to a god to help them do that same.

Neighbours fight with each other over the most insane reasons.

Most throughout all of recorded human history cooperate to develop functioning communities on a local, national, planetary scale.

Everywhere you look, someone is prosecuting someone somewhere. Every day, someone is being slandered by someone, and everyone on planet Earth is a participant in complaining about someone else.

Everywhere you look, someone is helping someone somewhere. Every day, someone is praised by another, and everyone on planet Earth is a participant who loves someone else.

Human beings are AMAZING!!!!

Perspective....

Ain't it a bitch?

[edit on 2-1-2010 by loam]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join