It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abdullah pulls out of Afghan vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

President Hamid Karzai's rival in the second round of the Afghan presidential election has announced in Kabul that he is withdrawing from the poll.
"I will not participate in the election," Dr Abdullah told supporters, saying his demands for ensuring a fraud-free election had not been met.
But he stopped short of calling for a boycott of next Saturday's vote.
Mr Karzai had rejected his demand that election officials who presided over the first round should be dismissed.

LINK news.bbc.co.uk...
So what happens now the election still go's on so what about Dr Abdullah

He went on to say.

Dr Abdullah said his decision had not been made "in exchange for anything from anybody, but only and purely in the interests of the people of Afghanistan and to give the people of Afghanistan a chance to move on."

This dose not make sense to me after all this calling the election a sham then just pull out something stinks what are your thoughts on this.
Edit to add sorry mods i think i put this in wrong place.

THANKYOU

[edit on 113030p://2009-11-01T11:06:19-06:000111 by mars1]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Regardess if the election is honest...

He just doesn't want to be the President that allows the USA to stage the invasion of Pakistan from his Afghanistan.

i suspect he's been informed of the strategic policies (in couched terms)
of the USAs projection of power to secure the Islamic Nukes in Pakistan

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Still dose not make sense to me to go on about the election been rigged then he gets another chance then pulls out at last minute i can understand that he thinks it will be the same he must have some sort of plan up his sleeve you do not get this far then just give up.

THANKYOU

join