It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking Photographs of the Past is Possible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
A scientist from the Russian city of Voronezh invented a camera for that

Henry Silanov, a resident of the city of Voronezh is well known amid anomalous phenomena researchers of Italy, Germany, Japan, the USA, France and Holland. As it turns out, a Voronezh ufologist is known for his technique, which allows to take photographs of the past.

Here is the rest of the story:
english.pravda.ru...

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'd love to see some of these photographs, I just find it suspicious when they are not included in the article.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I said the same thing when I read the article

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I would take anything from Pravda with a grain of salt. We have discussed this in the past, and it seems that they are a pretty sensationalist publication. Of course taken with the fact that pravda was the official disinformation agency of the old soviet empire.....

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
ALL my photographs are of the past.

Don't see what the big deal is.

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Good Point William. LOL!

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
LOL nice one William!

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yep, all my photos are of the past also. I do think it's interesting that a camera snaps in the blink of the eye an image of not only that past but also seems to capture an image of our perception of reality. Or is it the picture we look at is turned into by our brains something we can understand, or is it both?. But what's really cool is time laspe images.

I have seen a photo of the busy city streets in NY. The guys then used a time laspe camera to take a "single photo" of the same busy street over a one hour. The photo showed the buildings and sidewalks but not the people or moving cars. It was like they were not there at all. It was very cool :-).

Also what if you could snap a picture with a camera that the shudder speed was set at the speed of light. What would we see in the photo?. Would we see the makings of our perception of reality, but not finished yet?

Also are time laspe images (still frame) a peek into something or at something like time at a stand still?. Sure any image captures a moment in time but time laspe seems to capture a paragraph of time and presents us with something very different.

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Some of the implications of this are discussed in Steven Kings "The Sun Dog" in the compilation "4 past midnight"

wouldn't usually bring that sort of thing up but

a) its quite a funky story
b) just finished reading it, and I like coincidences.

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Knew I`d seen something like this before.

Father Ernetti claimed in the 1950s to have invented a machine which allowed the user to see in to the past and photograph it. He claims with the "chronoviser" to have photgraphed Christ. The vatican with usual efficiency managed to dissapear the alleged machine.

www.rexresearch.com...

unfortunately the article was in Fortean times 165 and there does n`t seem to be a link to it on the website. Most searches seem to return the selling of a book about this if anyone gets anything else let me know.

[Edited on 27-2-2003 by cassini]

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Pravda is the same place that had the article about otons, a funny article if you have the time, It is as bad as Weekly World News in terms of falseness.

XAOS

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is the same publication that had that story about Saddam and the UFO's, with the giant scorpions, hehe...

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It is possible to look into the past, too. Just look up at the sky. The stars you see are how they look millions of years ago, many may not even be there "now". Also, using this same technique, scientists have received a radio photograph of the time near the beginning of the Universe (Bing Bang or Creation or whatever you believe in) and are now saying that the Big Crunch (the Universe collapsing into a single point of matter) WILL NOT HAPPEN!

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
wow this is very interesting id like to see some of these "past photos" though lol

-the king

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If I took a picture of a picture I would in fact be capureing a picture of the past.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
All I have to say is yeah right. I'm generally open to out of the box scientific theories but this holds no water at all.

I mean UV light.. how does this store information of the past, whereas optical light doesn't, or any other form of light radiation???

Ridiculous IMO

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
It's not possible. Fact. Science has proven that time travel backwards would only be possible if you were an observer, you would not be able to change anything. However this means that you would not be able to see anything, or photograph anything, as you need incomming light to be able to see and photograph, and as soon as those photons hit you, you have changed the past. Therefore such time travel is only theoretically possible, as it is impossible to simply be a bystander and not change anything.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
yeah point a camera at space and your doing it. wooowhooo

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I can take a pic of the past easy.
Get a REALLY powerful camera, point it at a star, find one of its planets in your lens and snap!

The light from the planet will show us what it was like years and years and years ago

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Call me when you make a camera that sees into the FUTURE. _javascript:icon('
')

top topics

<<   2 >>

join