It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House to Develop Policy on Space Object Impact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
There is simply a mention in this article that the White House intends to develop a policy on space object impact by next October.

It's not as though earth has never been hit by meteors before, so I wonder why, after all these years of NASA projects, this one finally comes to the table now?

I would be interested in knowing more information as to what this new policy will entail. Perhaps new weaponry?

The event that spurred this announcement was due to an asteroid that entered the atmosphere over Indonesia on Oct. 8

The asteroid, estimated to have been around 10 metres (30ft) across, hit the atmosphere at an estimated 45,000mph. The sudden deceleration caused it to heat up rapidly and explode with the force of 50,000 tons of TNT.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Thanks!
Bout time!

Isn't bombing others and giving away our tax money still the #1 priority?
What happened to all that anyway?

Heres some war comedy! We are good at it, we get alot of practice!
And in this crazy world this probably means we 'care'!

Caution! Potty talk warning!

[edit on 1-11-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I personally think, this should involve all the nations on this planet, not just the US, after all it does affect every single human being on this planet. Oh I know they are trying to lead the way, by doing this.

You know there are going to be some saying the US is only doing this for thier own self interests, rather than the security and safety of the planet.

new topics

join