It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Only 23% Of Americans Trust The Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Video explains itself.

i think 23% is a streeeetch!!!

i think its more like 5% and those are the ones who are working for it!

/sarcasm

please leave your thoughts.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Well I certainly hope the numbers who trust big business is in the similar range.

Seems like a case of nabbing the get away driver and let the gunman off scott free...

We might never learn

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I see more to this then just the 23%(which is higher than I expected actually).

Theres several partsof this video that gave me the shudders..
I HAD to stop the video as soon as the words "Swine Flu" was mentioned.
I also had to stop the video as soon as they started asking "is dis-trust in govt a good thing"
THEN they compared this poll with one takin from the Bush era where 60% trusted the govt(which I think is not true) I recall a lot of Bush haters during this time.
The fact that they tried to Spin this from "do you really hate your govt?" to "can it be a good thing?" also made me wanna puke.
Quite frankly Im suprised that CNN ran with this story, but then was quickly relieved to see the typical CNN spin afterwards, so I wasnt dreaming.

I think you have enough for at least 5 conspiricies just on this one YouTube vid.

Quite frankly though, I thought the number was going to be much lower.

(To answer the Anchors question about it being a "good thing"...
HTF can it be a good thing when we cant trust the people who are supposed to be making OUR big decisions? These people should have our UPMOST trust, but they screwed that pooch themselves. Its not our fault the Govt is as Shady as Slim.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

agree..

agree...

and agreed. the twists, the 5 in one, only in this time and age...

5 in one, you bet, cuz the govt can!

reminds me of this video...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

hahaha great Vid! Thats goin on my MySpace.
The Govt. Can!!
I trust my 3 year old nephew with a set of butcher knives and frozen potatoes more than I do the Govt.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

thanks man.

if we cant trust the government to make decisions, or trust them to do what their supposed to do, who are we supposed to look to?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I think I have an answer to your question.... Ourselves.

It is US who is supposed to be making sure that they are there doing the jobs they are supposed to be doing. We are just as responsible for letting them get away with it as they are of doing it. And you are welcome.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
That's still 23% too much

Namaste,

Deckard

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I love that video, here is another good one

For those who think that number is too high, I'm sure it will go down if it hasn't already. On the bright side, it could have been something like 52%

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
23% sounds about right. If you run a poll of political ideology, you'll find that about 20-25% of Americans self-identify as liberals.

Their guy is in office, so the ideologues are happy. They'd follow Obama and the rest of this government off a cliff. The rest of us? Not so much.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

true...

But i still think 23% is a modest number. i expected it to be a bit lower...

anyone else have any thoughts on this?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Soooo why aren't all these people doing anything about it!!!

Obviously the majority of America is fed up, but all we do is take polls

Mcdonalds and TV seem to be doing their job pretty well.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

You answered your own question. The reason that Americans 'don't do anything about it' is because the overwhelming majority of them are sitting at home right now with a roof over their heads, food on the dinner plate, while watching some dumba** sitcom on their cable TV (and its a 40" widescreen HD TV, I might add).

Until those amenities and luxuries are gone, people will bend over and take whatever the government decides to send their way.

As I said a few days ago, the first step to taking this country back is for the American people to step up to the plate and realize that we ourselves are half of the problem.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Indeed, and it's nearly impossible to talk to most people about anything important in the world, because they can't take their eyes or minds off TV.

Free society?
We are slaves to entertainment.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Ain't that the truth. I'm going on 11 months with out a T.V. know what I do instead? I *gasp* read and educate myself. What a novel idea, but then again I guess you have to get to the point where you are appalled by what they try to shove down your throats on T.V. first. For me, even if I did find a show worth watching, the commercials ruined it.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Poll: Only 23% Of Americans Trust The Government

That's a pretty subjective statement.

But... I agree. I do not trust my government because it has ceased to be by, for and of the people. Today's version of the US Government is nearly wholly untrustworthy.

There are a number of ways to fix this, not counting those that involve anarchy or secession. Of that number, I would prefer to replace every incumbent on The Hill, regardless of party affiliation. The new freshman congress/senate would understand that We the People are no longer in the mood to be toyed with.

That would be my start.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Gotta enjoy how the MSM tried to justify how its good to have poor trust in the government. I mean, otherwise there's no merit for the distrust. ;P

I don't have a biased opinion to any given puppet in power because it doesn't matter what face is shown, we know they are working for the same team. We the people need a new political party where the government is at the bottom of the pyramid and the people are back where that separated all-seeing-eye is on the dollar bill, above all the rest and in the 'know'. Obama is just the perfect puppet for this turn of events. If your against Obama, you not only get the extreme right wing fanatic sticker slapped onto you, you get called racist. The MSM insults everything that opposes their agenda to try and make their cause look good. Well, I see it finally back firing.. so much so that less people get their news form the MSM and you get CNN broadcasting this garbage.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

thats why you get a dvr. record all my shows, watch them when i want. fast forward commercials. i just watch my shows every 3 days or so and thats the only tv i watch

new topics

top topics

join