It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have already started incorporating Alien technology!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

We do not only use 10 percent of our brain capacity. I don't know why people are spreading this lie, but it is a lie. We use all of our brain. Please research it before you say such outstanding things. It has been done a lot on this site alone and proven to be a ludicrous statement.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Don't the Sumerian tablets suggest agriculture was given to mankind by extraterrestrials? Why not other technology too?
Whether or not our technology is derived, or aided by that from other worlds, nobody can deny that if you were to see a PC, ipod or flatscreen TV just 60 years ago, you'd think it was out of this world.

I wouldn't be surprised if underground projects already have computers with petabyte capacity or higher, ready for public release in future years.
I remember my first PC was so poor, i had to store stuff on floppies. I think it had like 8MB RAM too, haha.

My personal belief is that there's 4 systems at work here.
1) Alien technologies (either from crashes or direct trade with offworld species)
2) The influx of scientists and captured technology after world war two from Germany.
3) The absorption of people with high intelligence into underground projects and the acquisition of ideas and technology from such people.
4) Moores law, as someone mentioned earlier.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the tv, car, and cell phone were all invented by humans, unless the history books got it all wrong. Things like the Aurora Spyplane or wireless energy transfer make me wonder If alien tech was used.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by cripmeister
Ok if you believe we have reversed engineered or somehow recieved ET technology give me one example of such a technology! ...well?

Ok wise guy...how about that white goo they use on your teeth...and harden with a BLUE LIGHT!!

You gonna tell me that ain't right outta sci-fi?

And I subscribe to Lewis Black's anguished cry: "It's 2003! Why can't I teleport?"

Ok besides that stuff then? Watcha got?

How about thermos bottles? They keep stuff hot...they keep stuff cold. How do they know?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
What is lacking, as is the case in many threads like this, are irrefutable examples of technological leaps that cannot otherwise be explained by normal technological progression. With this progression comes the paper trail, the failures, the not-quite-right, and eventually the end product. If there is alien technology abound then it would be easily identifiable as it would have appeared from nowhere, and without any of these processes to prove it's technological geneology. I can think of no such examples.

Just look at the progression of electronics, solid state only. From the crystal radio using a "cat's whisker" to one using a diode, thru the development of the transistor (first patented in 1925) then combining several transistors, diodes, resistors into a integrated circuit (first conceived in 1952) up to the large integrated circuits with hundreds of millions of transistors...

There has been no large technology jump, just a natural progression from one to another

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
reply to post by l neXus l

We do not only use 10 percent of our brain capacity. I don't know why people are spreading this lie, but it is a lie. We use all of our brain. Please research it before you say such outstanding things. It has been done a lot on this site alone and proven to be a ludicrous statement.

True, I believe. But then, I used to believe a lot that now turns out to be a lie Maybe this is a lie that we only use 10% or maybe the lie is that we don't - who to believe any more? - en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
Something has happened pre-1950's that has boosted the evolution of technology.

It is called WW2. One result of that was mass production, which enabled cars, radio's, tv's etc etc to be made and sold relatively cheaply

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
reply to post by v01i0

But why from a single point in time? You are right when you say it has 'evolved' almost steadily, however, it has all happened within 62 years. Something has happened pre-1950's that has boosted the evolution of technology.

It's usually referred to as the development of quantum theory.

Harte

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join