It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have already started incorporating Alien technology!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

You are operating from an erroneous assumption. You are not taking into consideration that everything that has been accomplished has been done through hard work and a lot of sweat. You ignore the vast amount of r&d. No matter how much you seem to wish it, no alien technology is evident and certainly not from the Roswell landing since no UFO crashed there. Give humans credit for the results you think are due to aliens.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Who would have thought

Lots of people...a LONG time ago.

Using 1's and 0's as Computer language?

John Vincent Atanasoff, in 1939.

Who would have thought of all the bus lanes on a
circuit board to make the data work properly?

Paul Eisler, who came up with the idea in the early 1930's. It did not enter into mainstream use until 1948.

that a keyboard would be able to transmit
letters, numbers & words onto a screen as soon as we type?

The modern computer keyboard is an offshoot of the typewriter, which was first made commercially available in 1866. CRT computer monitors have are based on the Cathode Ray Tube, which was invented by ferdinand Braun in 1897. Allen DuMont enhanced the basic CRT design for use in televisions in 1931. The modern flat-screen displayis a liquid crystal display which has been around since at least 1975.

All of this is -=OLD=- technology. These cars that you're so excited about how advanced their "alien technology" is are still mostly using variations of the internal combustion engine which was patented in 1838.

That's almost TWO HUNDRED YEARS old.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I tend to believe that there was some influence in the explosion of technology, but where Col Corso is concerned, I have to wonder about a lot of his book. If we believe him, at a time where Security is paramount in military operations, a guard he bowled with just happened to look inside a case that contained an alien in Kansas, then told his officer buddy about it and showed him. I guess it's possible, but every military crate I opened came with a lot of screws to keep people from just looking in.

But then the Col goes on to tell us that he had a hand in other historical incidents such as knowing that Kennedy was going to be assasinated. Perhaps if I hadn't known guys who thrived on telling "tall tales" as we called them after the fact, then maybe I'd believe easier. By doing it that way, you reduce the chances of being caught in a lie.

One instructor I had, claimed to have knowledge of the F-117. It was unnamed at the time and being promoted by Testors as the F-19. He told me that the F-19 was what was being reported in Area 51 and that it looked exactly like the model. I never got to see and ask him about it after the fact. But in his defense. It's just possible that there is an F-19 out there somewhere. Many times the military with have competing aircraft producers build aircraft and then decide after there performances are evaluate. Then they quietly retire the unpurchased model.

And to those who say, "what do they have to gain by lying?" I say "publicity." Some people just need attention. Not to mention that many families of these whistleblowers families get their attention fix time and time again on various shows. I don't know if any of them get paid, but if there's a chance or a book deal, then that's another motive.

But having seen Sci Fi shows promote the ideas that it was Roswell that gave us diodes, transisiters, NVGs, LEDs and Fiber Optics. I have a tendency to believe it's possible.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by paraclete1

Col. Corso is the last person I would use as any kind of reference. Google "col. corso hoax" and you'll get close to 63,000 results! Not all of them support a hoax but enough do to make one think twice about his claims. In his book he tells the reader that he was not a witness to everything he relates. Where does one draw the line?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I love your Avatar pic. What better way to introduce us than through a friendly animated chap with an Aussie accent sellin car insurance.

We arent all that bad...at least the scientists, contractors and military got use to us pretty quickly.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Micro-processing / Semi-conductors and the technology that's advanced the engineering and manufacturing of this industry. That's what you've seen, not alien technology.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I believe the seemingly "fast" advances in technology are simply the result of a growing population using technology that exponentially increases R&D. I put "fast" in quotes because it is hard to really say whether we are advancing slow or fast unless we have another species (ET) to compare our advancements to. For all we know, we could be advancing rather slowly in the grand scheme of things.

The more tools we invent, the more tools we have in our arsenal to bring about more inventions. In the modern world, computers are probably the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about state of the art technology. Think of all the ways they speed up data analyzation, record keeping, communication, etc. and all the things we can use them for that scientists and inventors in the pre-20th century world would have killed to have.

IMO, this is simply a natural stage of evolution of an intelligent species. We had the stone age, bronze age, iron age, etc. Each one brought about new technology and new ideas which, at the time, probably seemed just as amazing and "out of this world" to the inhabitants of those time periods as our latest technology does to us.

Im waiting for the day that they invent a way to hook an iPod up to itself. Can you say "implosion followed by a black hole"?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

S & F

Excellent thread.

Here is one I did a little wgile ago. They may be surprised to see these leaps.

Enjoy.
Definitive Back Engineered Alien Technology Research thread

[edit on 2-11-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
To me the leap in technology from the Roswell case came in the 70-90s. The first home computer was primitive to say the least, and then it seemed to go from there. They had a programme over here in England about a family going from the 70's into the 00's using technology through those periods. The host said that was a technological boom.

It isn't easy to breakdown alien technology, but you just have to go online and see what they are planning for the future. In my lifetime, I have seen primitive technology, which by the way, was faulty and not user-friendly to technology that is accessible to every human being. The internet is one such example.

I am of the belief that they had this technology back in the 60's and held onto it, before they released it to the masses for profit. Also, I know that soon they will have biotechnological computers that have an interface, where the computer can communicate with the user. Similar to KITT and the computers on STAR TREK. Also, I believe that holographic interfacing will be more advanced before the year 2012. Also, I believe that our technology has come from advanced races.

Before and even into the 70's, technology was slow and cumbersome. Our technology now advances month to month rather than through years or decades. This technology and the patents have to have an origin. I think only 9.5% is inspired by people who are given the information from an outside source. For example, in the early 90's, I drew up a rough diagram of a fusion reactor. I had not taken any courses in physics, or quantum mechanics. It just came to me; an image in my mind of the reactor, and I quickly put it down on paper. The original diagram which was hand-written disappeared, but I was able to remember it through my photographic memory and drew the diagram up on computer. I will have to find the disc that I put it on so I can show you. Anyway, while surfing, I came across technology that used the interface which I drew up. I was gob smacked. I still think that I was given the information from an outside source. I think it was not for me to gain; but to show me that there is an outside influence to the advancement of our technology.

I believe our advancement in technology is based on alien technology, as I believe that NASA and other bodies are imparting some technology to the public for monitoring and for other foul uses. Why I say NASA is that there is a reason that the space station is being built and is quite large. They have been monitoring the ships that enter Earth's atmosphere. Also, they are building advance weaponry. It is all over the internet and the advancements in robotics is astounding. I believe within the next 10 years that they will develop fully interactive AI's. I can see them using cloned tissue (i.e. brain cells, or stems) to integrate with an AI's system that communication between man and machine will be as if sci-fi has been a precursor to what is to come.

This is just a few thoughts on my feelings on our technological advances. I don't think that my opinion suits everyone, and I suppose there are others with scenarios that are different to my own.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I find this interesting as well. It would be something if the exponential computer advances that are speeding up as we go is just an impatient reaction to incrimentalism by the powers that be. Of course, they could easily exist in parallel as computers aren't the only example, but our massive boosts in technological advance speed in the 20th Century is a strange enough event in and of itself. Anomalous for recorded history and all that. Perhaps it would be stranger if aliens were not the cause of the technology jumps.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
reply to post by v01i0

But why from a single point in time? You are right when you say it has 'evolved' almost steadily, however, it has all happened within 62 years. Something has happened pre-1950's that has boosted the evolution of technology.

You have point there. I think 2 great wars happened and wars tend to be quite the inventors (mad scientists you one could say, with a smirk). I am sure someone more familiar with history of technology can answer this more profoundly. I just tend to think that the technological advancement has been going on a long, long time. Basics of computer already existed few centuries ago: History of Computers (according to wikipedia).

-v

I have to agree, with war comes great technilogical advancements, the governments poured millions into developing radar and better aviation vehicles to help win the war, alot of the stuff flopped but alot of it was just used during the war. For instance the did you know that in WWII we actually loaded bats with explosives attached to them into missle cases and dropped them over japan? the bats would take cover in the buildings which were mostly made of canvas and paper and then blow up causing fires. It worked incredibly well but that was it's only purpose.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
My opinion is that some ET race gave us an injection, boost of technology, that started the cycle from which we managed to work on our own. 1947, 1954...Something like Giza. The pyramids were also built by man, but using alien technology...

[edit on 7/1/10 by Cybernet]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
we use 10 percent of our brain capacity, if there is alien life they have probably figured out how to tap into full brain potential, however, give us credit, aliens didnt help us invent the wheel, or fire, and back then thats the equivalent of going to mars now. so really technology hasnt had leaps its just been relevent to the era we live in

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Ok if you believe we have reversed engineered or somehow recieved ET technology give me one example of such a technology!

...well?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
what have we gotten from aliens that were so great?.

my toaster turns into a flame throwing droid demon,

thats what we have goten

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
We have nothing from them. We have all invented by ourself. I think the human species government or non- government is not in contact with them.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
Ok if you believe we have reversed engineered or somehow recieved ET technology give me one example of such a technology! ...well?

Ok wise guy...how about that white goo they use on your teeth...and harden with a BLUE LIGHT!!

You gonna tell me that ain't right outta sci-fi?

And I subscribe to Lewis Black's anguished cry: "It's 2003! Why can't I teleport?"

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Ok if you believe we have reversed engineered or somehow recieved ET technology give me one example of such a technology! ...well?

Ok wise guy...how about that white goo they use on your teeth...and harden with a BLUE LIGHT!!

And I subscribe to Lewis Black's anguished cry: "It's 2003! Why can't I teleport?"

Ok besides that stuff then? Watcha got?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Ok besides that stuff then? Watcha got?

Need one ask for more? And don't go telling me it's not easy being green!
(P.S....I had some, but I forgot. Dang...another conspiracy!)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Ok if you believe we have reversed engineered or somehow recieved ET technology give me one example of such a technology!

...well?

How do you explain those little pellets that melt ice when the sun hits them. No human could possibly come up with the correct chemical mixture . . . . . .

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join