It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can beat Swine Flu and Pnuemonia

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
HaH!

I was watching Modern Marvels last night which was an episode about acids and their many uses. When they got to Sulfuric acid they had an interesting little factoid...

Onions are high in sulphur, and the reason the juices and vapor sting your eyes is... you guessed it... sulphuric acid.

Its potency is not enough to harm the human body, but I can see now how it delivers a knock out punch to pesky bacteria in your nose and lungs. Like acid rain it would just strip clean your inner nasal and lung surfaces.

Pretty cool.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Another example that the onion was made to do the trick. Just the right amount. Thank you for posting.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
ok .. i'm doing this as soon as I get home~!! Thx you so much for sharing~!!!

I don't like onions but, I'll definately make an exception ~!!

S&F~!

We keep forgetting to buy the onions
( I'll have to put it on a sticky and slap it on my dashboard.

sorry all.. but.. still gonna give it a try as soon as we remember.. now that I remember...my wife used to keep whole unpeeled onions in a bowl, but no water in it. Eventually had to toss em' out cuz' they were growing sprouts..

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

We keep forgetting to buy the onions ( I'll have to put it on a sticky and slap it on my dashboard

I don't think they have to much effect on memory.

some good info here.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by randyvs]:

[edit on 7-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

'prolly not..
I'll have to watch the vid in a min.. just got back from the store and bought some .. onions

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

AWESOME vid~! gave ya a star for it.. thx .. we'll see how this experiment goes.

Cheerio!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by morelcabin
I mentioned this in another thread, but yes, onions do work...I have used them for years to help keep infection out of this house. You can dut an onion in half, scrape the juice out with a spoon and use it in your ears to fight ear/throat infections. It works in a matter of hours and you only have to do it twice...morning and night to get rid of the infection.
It won't hurt you to try it either...I asked my doctor, after getting alot of flack from my sister for doing this:>) Then HER daughter came down with an ear probem that lasted weeks...was on antibiotics three times...she finally tried the onion for a day and her daughter hasn't had any problems since...

also to add, putting cotton in an ineffected ear cures it as well. My ex-mother in law told us to do this after my oldest, she was 5 at the time, to put some cotton in her ears because it blocks the cold air rushing in and heats up the ear canal which in turn burns out the nastys.

2am in the morning, and having to go to work that day, I tried it. about an hour later, my daughter was asleep soundly and had the cotton in her ear for a couple of days and when I pull it out, she smiled, hopped off my lap and said.."thx dad" and skipped off to her bedroom.

It works, every-single-time.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Just this afternoon, my youngest daughter woke up and said she had a headache and throat hurt. I took her temp with a digital thermometer; 98.4F

k, I just went to the store and pick up some whole yellow onions, 5 to be exact. I'm going to start this experiment with the OP but since there isn't any details of what temperature the water s/b, (if there is, I missed it.) so, I'm gong to try a couple of things to see what works best.

The goal of this experiment will be to see if conditions of the family become better, worse or same.

Current Conditions within the household:
~forgot, we gave our daughter a couple of theraflu meds in pill form, so she's feeling a bit better with no headache or sore throat but, she's coughing now as of 4:16pm.

~I'm fine
~Grandson is fine.
~Wife is down with swollen lymph gland under her chin & has just came down with Shingles which are on the side of her neck, but no where else.(she's been to the doctor and confirmed it today) She's taken anti-biotics already for the shingles/lymph gland.

1). I'm going to put a whole, unpeeled onion in our bedroom, kitchen, and living room.

2). Ill cut up 1 in half and then quarter it up, boil some water, and then place the onion in it place it in the living room.

3). I'll repeat the same process above except for I'll NOT boil the water but will have lukewarm water, and place that in the daughters bedroom.

I"ll report my findings couple times a day for the next week.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I"ll report my findings couple times a day for the next week.
Thank you Komodo
That would be great to help keep this thread floating
and let as many see this information as possible.
What ever your findings are .
I think these results on this thread really go along way to show people
there are alternatives.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
They can even help reduce cholesterol.

Now how about that?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hi Randy, Talked to mom today she boiled the onions and stood over and breathed in the fumes and placed bowls of chopped onions near her bed and were she spends her time during the day, She swears she is breathing easier, she has been on o2 for 7 years ,i mean does not leave home without it . so this will be such a great thing ,if this even minutely helps her to breathe easier or to go a longer distance before stopping. maybe even cut back on the o2 usage. So i thank you and will follow up with this. just want her to give it more time. Johnny says Thank you ....

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Love and peace to you and shame on sick profit system, that has hijacked and killed the traditional medicine and put us asleep on drug tradition through fear mongering mechanisms.

I have a tradition of using onions and garlic in family, and I always spit quietly all the pills out that were given to me when I was child.

This recipe is new and I will try it out next time.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hi there.

Thanks for this.

Great thread, and very helpful to all.
Just though I'd add my two pen'rth with a couple of remedies I have used and know to work.

For burns and scalds.

Honey.

Just slap it on immediately after the burn, and you won't even get a blister, just a sort of tingling feeling when you rub the affected area.
I should add though, that it hurts like Hell for about a minute after application, but thereafter nothing but the tingling feeling.

For a sore throat.

1 drop of REAL Sandalwood essential oil (Santalum Album) in a small amount of very hot honeyed water.Drink VERY slowly, holding at the back of the throat for as long as poss'.

I am aware of the warnings concerning ingestion of essential oils, but this is one of the OK ones.

Also, there have been a couple of times when this had no effect, but I think I left it too long before doing the remedy, and the bacteria/virus had gone too deep into the tissue.
When it did work though, the sore throat was gone in about 10 seconds or less, and felt like a miracle cure.

For sprains, bruises, swellings, cuts, bone fractures and breaks.

Comfrey ointment rubbed gently on the affected area. (Available in most health shops).
Comfrey has been known as Knitbone, Boneset, and a few other names I don't remember at the mo', and seems to draw things together.

Hope these are helpful.

Cheers.

I.A.

Edit for crap spelling

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Illegal Alien]

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Illegal Alien]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
i have another recepy with onion

its old slovian remedy.

you take a glass or jar or some container (depends on your needs)
chop some onion into it lets say 70% of container filled with onion rings and stuff .. shape dosnt matter what matter is that the water wich we fill up the container next can easly move around the onion bits.
add some suggar (good if you will use this on kids) and leave it in worm place for day or two and you have awesome remedy for throat infections. reink 1 spoon every few hours - its like syroup (sp?) (no need to hold up on dosages)

i always use it when i start to cough

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Look folks it's The Happy Onion. lol

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa14994fbda3.jpg[/atsimg]
thanks for the laugh happy
I owe you one.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
We are well on our way.

Check this out!

[edit on 10-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
They can even help reduce cholesterol.

Now how about that?

In my country, people in the countryside have an old habit to eat bacon (and other meat) and onions together, so it is amazing to me how they have known this intuitively for hundreds of years!

My father went to measure cholesterol blood levels last year because my mother was concerned how much he ingests greasy food (large amounts and enjoys it)... the results amazed us all, the cholesterol levels were slightly above normal, and the reason is: the onions, which, btw, we eat often and it is growin in our garden without chemicals and other poisonous stuff

back to the topic, I didn't try steamed onions yet, we are rarely sick here, but if anyone catches the flu, I will post the results here

cheerio

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

back to the topic, I didn't try steamed onions yet, we are rarely sick here, but if anyone catches the flu, I will post the results here

ya I doubt there is very much chance you will be getting sick anytime
soon either.
Thank you Don.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have been a nurse for 33 years, and several years ago I worked at the world-famous, top-rated Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Md. I was working in the pediatric neurology/neurosurgery unit, and we had a 5 year-old boy with seizures and resistant fever. Nothing we did would bring down his fever, and we had trouble controlling his seizures. In walks grandmom with sliced onions and socks, and you can guess where this story is going. By morning the child had no fever, and never had a seizure again! The doctors were baffled, and thought it was just coincidence, but to this day I know it was the onions. Some times we just have to accept "natural" cures, no matter how advanced our medical technology.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I remember when I was about 7 or 8 years old I had a bad case of pneumonia, coughing up hands full of thick gooey phlegm, hallucinating, and with a fever of around 104.

My parents were born and raised in Yugoslavia and had some old folk remedies available. My mom warmed up a concoction of some form of liquor, honey, and some other ingredients. They had me drink it and then wrapped me tightly in several layers of cotton and wool blankets. I sweat heavily all night long. In the morning the inner layers of blankets were soaking wet, my temperature was normal, and the pneumonia and all signs of illness were gone.

I don't know the whole formula for the drink. If anyone else has had a similar experience and knows the formula I would appreciate your sharing it. My parents have passed away so I can't ask them.

[edit on 11/11/2009 by dubiousone]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join