It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can beat Swine Flu and Pnuemonia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The onion

I currently have some in bowls around the house as my family and myself have all been struck down with the dreaded lurgy.
Everyone else got better within 48hrs but i was still sufferring,to the point i noticed a rattle on my lung yesterday(hardly suprising considering they had me as a nurse and i was left to cope!).
I duly filled my bowls with onions and water and fashioned an onion poultice which i made as hot as i could take and strapped to my chest.
As soon as it cooled i replaced it.

Feeling normal today and no sign of a rattle

(Of course,i can't thank the onion alone,Echinacea,garlic,honey,lemons etc have all been helping me too)

If this kind of stuff really interests you,'The Nature Doctor'by Alfred Vogel is a good book for you.It's a manual of traditional and complimentary medicine and gives you step by step instructions on how to treat viral influenza and pretty much everything else

[edit on 2-11-2009 by TheLily]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Onions and garlic, our stinky friends. I don't care how fashionable it is. I'll chew on a clove of garlic before I'll go to the doctor and work up a big bill, any day. How many people am I going to be around if I had the flu anyway? So, stinky breath is ok.

We must preserve our folk medicine that actually did work. Big Pharma does not want us to stick to the natural, cheap, cures. Too much money would be lost. They tend to look at old cures as pretty much hillbilly nonsense. Take all the natural medicine from around the world, throw it into a book, and you have something special. This has been done to some degree already.

Try good doses of MSM as well. I gave dad pretty good doses of MSM when he was coming down with a nasty cold or something, plus a simple antioxidant formula. The worst seems to be short lived. He's doing much better. I never tried MSM like that before, so I don't guarantee it, but MSM apparently helps cleanse the system.

MSM is one of those substances that seems like it's not getting all the attention it deserves. It's not just for joints and connective tissue folks. To me, it's like one of those necessary nutrients that we don't get enough of with processed water and food. It's like one of the cornerstones of optimum health. I feel like if you would add a healthy amount to your diet every day, you might see some amazing things. I think a good amount is around 4 grams a day. I guess it depends. Good range may be something like 4-8 grams. I just don't feel the joint supplements will give you enough necessarily, for your whole system, with just the recommended dose.

Troy

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I dont get it, can someone explain how do you set up the onion so it helps you?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by spartan1337

It's my understanding that people tend to do these things slightly differently,especially if they're going by 'handed down cures' AND 'acquired cures' like i am.

In my family,a bowl of onion in water is exactly that.I put sliced onion,still in it's skin and with root site attached in hot water and place somewhere warm in the room if i can.Last night i set a bowl on the hearth so it soaked up the heat from the fire,but in the kids rooms i'll place it under the bed at first and then move it to the radiator.I do the under the cot/bed for Euclyptus in hot water too,it's close and safe.

For a poultice,i tend to finely slice the onion because chopped is just messy

I apply to the chest for influenza or respiratory problems and i apply some olive oil to the skin before setting the poultice to avoid sticking.I then place the onion slices on the site (as hot as the patient can bear...i heat on a clean dry pan)and,making sure there are no gaps between the onion and the skin,cover with a cloth nappy(diaper),a couple of face cloths or a small towel.Then i bind it to the body with crepe bandage(long strips of material would do).

As soon as it's cooled i replace it therefore doing it twice in total.

If my patient(read 'kids or hubby') was running a fever i'd also dunk some socks in vinegar and put them on their feet.
The idea is that you're 'drawing out' the toxins.If a 'sweat' results you must be careful to avoid too much strain on the heart.Cold compresses to the calves or vinegar socks alleviate the temperature.

I've never had to do a chest poultice or vinegar socks for my kids(thankfully!),i'm my own lab-rat and my hubby has offered himself up too

I would if i had to though.

Poultices are very useful.A sprain can be relieved with some sage.

Remember that a doctors advice is crucial though,the above is not a 'cure all'.
If one of my children wakes in the night with earache i will treat it myself to ease their pain and settle them,but i'll have it checked by a Doctor the following day!!!(Although their earache is usually gone and their ear is clear
)Better to be safe and get a medical opinion if you're unsure and they're available

CX

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
what a complete load of stinking crap this is.
if you believe breating in magical onion air is going to solve any of your health problems, you probably deserve the outcome you will receive.

Lol that did make me chuckle, because the outcome of taking this threads advice is working out rather well for me thank you.

Just to let people know a few more details of how i've been this past week, apart from headaches i've had every symptom that is on the swine flu list. Without going into too much detail...both ends have not been great!

It takes a lot to knock me over but this week i've not been on this planet.

My lungs have been the worst problem, very very heavy (i don't smoke, never have) and bringing up all kinds of crap. Fevers off and on and not having the energy to get out much at all. I think i managed one trip out earlier in the week but even had to cut that short and put myself to bed.

As i said before, i have been taking over the counter meds, mainly the cough stuff and hot lemons, but after a week things still weren't great yesterday and i was beginning to worry. Sore throat too that rivaled any case of tonsilitis i've had. The only way i can describe the way i've felt, i have had glandular fever bad when i was younger and it was like that. Theres usualy nothing that will stop me going out with my kids, but even this put paid to that,

So i took the advice here, not sure if i did it all correctly, but i am feeling great today!
Probably another day to get the lungs perfect again but i feel very very well.

Yesterday afternoon i cut up a couple of onions into a bowl and poured boiling water onto them, then sat there for while inhaling the steam. Funnily enough the steaming onion water doesn't affect your eyes like the chopping does.

I also had a pan of boiling water and chopped onions going on the stove for a while, and then at night i put a bowl of the same on my bedside table.

I even did the Vick on the feet trick lol....and i have to admit there was not one cough all night which was nice.

This morning i feel 100% than i have for a week. I am about to take my eldest out for the afternoon without a worry. I'll continue the onions for another couple of days just to be sure, but i would say that this advice, along with the shop meds, has done the trick.

I have no doubt that if i had gone to the docs or hospital, i'd have been jabbed in a flash.

So thanks for the advice, i know some will doubt it but i'd say just try it first. What harm can it do?

By the way, i've spoken to a couple of elderly neighbours this morning and told them, they all said they'd sworn by onion remedies for decades.

CX.

[edit on 2/11/09 by CX]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
You want the best natural flu remedy. This little concoction of natural herbs and plant extracts has helped me and my family a lot. So far we have managed to cure Pluracy, Flu, common cold. Not saying you wont get ill , but this will help your body fight any infections, and if you do get ill then this will really help you get through it. I don't get ill now from taking this every so often. Have only had 1 day sick off work in the past 5 years. I used to be off all the time. That one day was when I came down with flu a few years ago. I was bed ridden, had a temperature and was very ill.....but only for 4 days...by day 5 I was OK , by day 6 I was back to 100%. Most people around me had the same bug and it took them 2-3 weeks to get over it and still had a cough.

Anyway, I have tried and tested this on myself and friends. All of us have reported fewer to no illness and if anyone did get ill, they have recovered in 1/2 the time.

Echinachea and Goldenseal Extract, taken in pill form or tincture. Good for boosting immune system and helps detox the liver and is a good natural antiviral. Probably the best thing you can take.

Elder Berry - Great for fighting flu and colds. Old house wives cure that.

Garlic and onions - Eat a diet that includes Garlic and Onions every so often. I like a good firey curry.

Vitamin C - Good all rounder, detoxes and boosts immune system.

Milk Thistle - Pills or Tincture. Good for cleaning the blood.

The above taken for a month, then a month off and then a month on and so on and so on will boost your imune system massively. I can asure you that it will work.

So if you get the next super flu, find mother natures cure.

CX

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by spartan1337
I dont get it, can someone explain how do you set up the onion so it helps you?

Hi Spartan,

All i did was peel the outer layer of the onion, chop it up, put it in a bowl and add boiling water from the kettle.

Inhaling it was best done with a towel over the bowl and my head, but it cleared my tubes really well.

I'd like to add that it's not just clearing the tubes and shifting the nasty stuff from the chest it seems to have helped, my sore throat is virtualy gone. I did eat some raw onion too, and i gargled with runny honey before bed, but yes, it feels great today.

CX.

CX

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kilas

Elder Berry - Great for fighting flu and colds. Old house wives cure that.

Funnily enough last time i was in our local health food shop, i asked about the swine flue and what people were taking to combat it naturally. The lady showed me a medicine which is elderberry extract and said it was their most popular seller.

CX.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
hello! excellent thread s&f

I have placed your 'recipe' to two Ukraine facebook groups hopefully someone will read it and spread the word...

I also sent it to my friends...

thanks

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You sir are a saviour....Me and my 13 month old daughter have been sick for a week. Boiled some onions and left them on the coffee table for an hour, she is now walking around and I feel so much better.

Thanks

S+F

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

If this kind of stuff really interests you,'The Nature Doctor'by Alfred Vogel is a good book for you.It's a manual of traditional and complimentary medicine and gives you step by step instructions on how to treat viral influenza and pretty much everything else
reply to post by TheLily

I'm just really glad to hear your doing better thank God.

In my family,a bowl of onion in water is exactly that.I put sliced onion,still in it's skin and with root site attached in hot water and place somewhere warm in the room if i can.Last night i set a bowl on the hearth so it soaked up the heat from the fire,but in the kids rooms i'll place it under the bed at first and then move it to the radiator.I do the under the cot/bed for Euclyptus in hot water too,it's close and safe

That's what I do to keep it away.
Driving it out. I get alot more aggressive

Man, to everyone who's feeling bettter.

All I can say is BITCHEN and
"Wow just wow".
:

[edit on 2-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

The idea of a plant having medicinal value seems stupid to you? Seriously? Where do you think our medicines come from? We don't just make them out of thin air.

Aspirin can be derived from willow. Quinine (from cinchona tree bark) was among the first antipyretics. Cocaine and atropine came from plants and were used as local anesthetics. Other major narcotic painkillers can be extracted from the opium poppy. According to UCLA, as late as the 1970s, 25% of drugs in use in North America and Europe had some plant extract or plant derivative. For what it's worth, the National Park Service claims that the current number is 40%.

Here's a pretty good list of commonly used plant-derived drugs: Plant Medicines.

Frankly, there are weirder and seemingly more unlikely things than plants that have proven benefits. Penicillin is derived from fungi and can be grown organically. Spider webs have natural antiseptic properties. The ancient Greeks used them to treat wounds, and it took us until the 20th century to understand why (spiders secrete an antiseptic chemical coating on their silk, that prevents bacterial and fungal infection of the web itself). Here's an article from 1995 when we were just starting to figure this out: Penn State University. Here's another that mentions the use of spider webs by the Greeks, as well as noting some other strange things we've used spider silk for, such as the crosshairs of our telescopes: Houston University.

There are infinitely stranger things than onions from which we can and do derive our medicine.

-FT.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by FellowTraveler]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Last night I had half an onion in water sitting under the radiator, by the bed. I woke up this a.m. with a gnarly headache (onion?) but physically felt no better, no worse (still cough, congested.)
I then tried cutting the onion into chunks, boiling in water and inhaling the steam. That worked better and is a great decongestant! I have been able to breath for most of the day. I am just now starting to feel "down" again, (about 4pm) so another round with onion-steam is a go!
I feel much better about this route than taking over the counter decongestants. I hate to take medicine if I don't have to.

Be well, Peeps...

[edit on 2-11-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well folks I am not ill ( as long as you don't ask my wife that question) but I do consume this stuff often. tonight I poured a little olive oil, slice of butter, half a sweet onion(diced) a clove of garlic(chopped), a dash of curry powder, salt and broccoli pan fried. served with pan fried salmon and a touch of honey and lemon...yummy. oh and good for you. One company I work at is infested with sick people. so I do my best to stay on top.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
There is an email making the rounds that claims putting slices of raw onions in the bottom of your socks will give you immunity. BTW Snopes says it is false--how they know, I don't know. Did they do clinical studies?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
There is an email making the rounds that claims putting slices of raw onions in the bottom of your socks will give you immunity. BTW Snopes says it is false--how they know, I don't know. Did they do clinical studies?
well thats kinda funny if you think about the aftermath of that experiment.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I would like to say I agree with the ONIONS

I believe old fashion chicken soup does the trick too!
one of the ingredients is ONIONS!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
think about it the smell goes through out the house.. smells good too low simmer..
think about it what would MOM do?
ok maybe not alot of moms these days they would open a can say here you go im too busy besta luck to yah..

LOVE AND SOUP and rest and clean the house of germs and air it out and washing..

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
What's the exact procedure, randyvs? I would love to try this out, but I would like detailed steps first. I am confused on how to keep the pot boiling or, at least, warm in a bedroom. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I don't know for sure but I damn sure wouldn't doubt it.
What I believe about the use of the onion. There is a light use of it, to keep
from getting sick or infected in the first place. That involves cutting up say
1/2 an onion in a bowl add water and let it evap. The crap will not enter the house.
There is also a much heavier use for someone aready sick that involves
a humidifier or even taking a hot bath and add two chopped onions to bath water, for someone who has pnuemonia. You have to break the fever before they get into a hot bath though.

they see all

What's the exact procedure, randyvs? I would love to try this out, but I would like detailed steps first. I am confused on how to keep the pot boiling or, at least, warm in a bedroom. Thanks!

Ok let me lay this out like this then and you peeps can write it down
or what you so choose.

For light use around your house if you arn't sick and you want to keep it that way.

Just 1/2 lg chopped white onion in a bowl add water. depending if you have a big house maybe 2 bowls. Set them up high somewhere out of the
way. If you smell onion all over your house that's it . that's what you want
and the evil spirit won't come near. ( I just say it that way , cuase its an easy way to say it ) It is like warding off an evil spirit but I think we all know better. You can refill/use 2-3 times then use new onion. Don't add to much water enough to to make it like a soup in the bowl. When the water is gone add more.

Alright now.You can save someones life with this knowledge. If some one
is on the brink of death or just really sick with Pnuemonia. If there is a fever you have to break that fever as fast as you can. Tub with ice water whatever so many varibles you have to use your own head about. But
when the fever breaks put the person in a tub of hot running water,
careful not to scold. Still as hot as they can stand it cut up 2 lg white
onions and through them into the tub while the water is still running.
Basically you just make an onion soup with there azz.

As far as someone being sick from the vaccine try slices of onion on the bottom of the feet inside their socks, I just don't know if they can be helped. They have a live virus in their bloodstream, what can you do.

wilo3war

LOVE AND SOUP and rest and clean the house of germs and air it out and washing

smart!

[edit on 3-11-2009 by randyvs]

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join