It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can beat Swine Flu and Pnuemonia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The other day at the store something said to me buy onions. I thought why they'll go bad since its just my son and I and he won't eat anything with them in it. Then I recieved this email yesterday:

A friend of mine told me a story about how when he was a kid he was in the hospital & near dying. His Italian grandmother came to the hospital & told a family member to go buy her a large onion & a new pair of white cotton socks. She sliced the onion open then put a slice on the bottom of each of his feet & put the white cotton socks on him. In the morning when he awoke they removed the socks. The slices of onion were black & his fever was gone. The following story that someone sent to me might have some truth in it & we are going to try this this winter.

In 1919 when the flu killed 40 million people there

Was this Doctor that visited the many farmers to see if he could

Help them combat the flu.

Many of the farmers and their family had

Contracted it and many died.

The doctor came upon this

One farmer and to his surprise, everyone was very healthy.

When the doctor asked what the farmer was doing that was different

The wife replied that she had placed an unpeeled onion in a dish in

The rooms of the home, (probably only two rooms back then).

The doctor couldn't believe it and asked if he could have one

Of the onions and place it under the microscope. She

Gave him one and when he did this, he did find the flu virus

In the onion. It obviously absorbed the bacteria,

Therefore, keeping the family healthy.

Now, I heard

This story from my hairdresser in AZ. She said that several

Years ago many of her employees were coming down with the flu and so

Were many of her customers. The next year she placed several

Bowls with onions around in her shop. To her surprise, none

Of her staff got sick. It must work.. (And no, she

Is not in the onion business.)

The moral of the story is,

Buy some onions and place them in bowls around your home. If

You work at a desk, place one or two in your office or under your

Desk or even on top somewhere. Try it and see what

Happens. We did it last year and we never got the

Flu.

If this helps you and your loved ones from getting

Sick, all the better. If you do get the flu, it just

Might be a mild case..

Whatever, what have you to

Lose? Just a few bucks on onions!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Now there is a P. S. To

This for I sent it to a friend in Oregon who regularly contributes

Material to me on health issues. She replied with this most

Interesting experience about onions:

Weldon,thanks for the reminder. I don't know about the farmers

Story...but, I do know that I contacted pneumonia and needless to say I

Was very ill...I came across an article that said to cut both ends off an

Onion put one end on a fork and then place the forked end into an empty

Jar...placing the jar next to the sick patient at night. It said the onion

Would be black in the morning from the germs...sure enough it happened

Just like that...the onion was a mess and I began to feel better.

Another thing I read in the article was that onions and garlic

Placed around the room saved many from the black plague years ago. They Have powerful antibacterial, antiseptic properties.

So today my son and I were at the walmart and I told him we needed to get some onions. I come to the site tonight and see this thread. I start reading it and it's about onions. This is one woman that just don't believe in coincidences.

Also when I lived in Texas I worked with a woman that came from Mexico. Her young daughter got sick and was running a temperature. She said she was going to put a raw egg in a bowl and place it under the childs bed. She said in the morning the egg would look like it was cooked and the childs fever would be gone. Her family had done that for as long as she could remember and it always worked. I've never tried it though. The next day her daughter was not running a fever.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by napayshni57]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Cut up two or three large onions - boil and then simmer for as long as you want -
Thank you I'm going to try this. Also peeps the thing about this is if you keep your place filled with this aroma you will not get sick in the first place.
just cut up 1/2 a white onion in a bowl add water, the evap will do the trick .
the crap will not enter the house with you.

it's like warding off an evil spirit.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I just did it. Half an onion in a bowl filled of water close to my bed.

It costs nothing, why shouldnt we try ? ^^

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by napayshni57

A friend of mine told me a story about how when he was a kid he was in the hospital & near dying. His Italian grandmother came to the hospital & told a family member to go buy her a large onion & a new pair of white cotton socks. She sliced the onion open then put a slice on the bottom of each of his feet & put the white cotton socks on him. In the morning when he awoke they removed the socks. The slices of onion were black & his fever was gone. The following story that someone sent to me might have some truth in it & we are going to try this this winter

That is a great story.
Thank you very much

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yes, you will get kidney stones from drinking that much apple juice/cider.

neither are all that great for you

apple cider VINEGAR which is apple cider that has fermented to become vinegar is what i am talking about
you have to make sure it is organic and unpasteurized. you ONLY NEED 1 tsp mixed with a liquid of your choice (peferably organic) 3 times per day.

3 tsp 3x a day if you are ill

that is if you can stomach it

thats why i recommend mixing it with organic honey

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thunderabove
reply to post by randyvs

Yes, you will get kidney stones from drinking that much apple juice/cider.

neither are all that great for you

apple cider VINEGAR which is apple cider that has fermented to become vinegar is what i am talking about
you have to make sure it is organic and unpasteurized. you ONLY NEED 1 tsp mixed with a liquid of your choice (peferably organic) 3 times per day.

3 tsp 3x a day if you are ill

that is if you can stomach it :
thats why i recommend mixing it with organic honey
Yes I have mostly all these things in my cupboard. honey, onions garlic, apple cider vinegar. Also did you know that ground table pepper is an antiseptic. Great for a sore throat. I sprinkle some in my palm and throw it to the back of my mouth.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
No vaccines definetly

I should probly have already done this to show I mean what I'm saying .I been running to all the other threads about the flu posting this like an idiot. I finally thought," what the hell am i doing? Just make a thread they will either listen or not.

ONIONS

Right now I have 1/2 an onion in a bowl with some water, that I cut up the day our boy came back from his cousins house with the flu. It was bad when he got here. He'd been dry heaving
this bright yellow biel looking fluid up. Immediatly he made the couch and I set a bucket down beside him. Joshua is seven yrs of age.
His mom being at work (Ralphs) I called her up and said," hey he has it,BAD".
"Ok what do we do"?
"You bring the large white onions , I'll do the rest".

Now it's flashback time.
I'm talking forty two yrs of flashing back. To a time when in Chino Ca. there was an eight year old boy, who as far as I can remember, must have been close to death, on a cot in the kitchen of his mother and fathers house on Riverside Dr.

My Mom put me in the kitchen cause she was wearing out the carpet going back and forth to my room I guess. I had pnuemonia, and I can remember my hands
my head and my lungs all felt like baloons. Pink Floyd? Every time I hear it.
My back and sides hurt so bad from coughing, this being as I remember it the tenth day I stayed home from school.
No medical in our life at that time. So this was like the worst thing could have happened.
.My Mom had been trying everything she could, but I wasn't going to shake this crap. It's grip was just to tight. I remember the call she made to her Mom
back in St. Joe. Missouri. Though I was barely conscious. I remember the tears were flowing down her face and my Dad at the kitchen table, with his head in his hands.
I knew when I got older I must have been in trouble because my Mom was a
very stern and tough country gal from the heartland.Took a lot to bring her to tears.
When she got off the phone she said," I'm going to the store" as she grabbed her purse and flew out the door.
I don't remember anything after that until the next morning, I woke up and the
whole place smelled like onions.
My Mom had a humidifier under the cot steaming with cut up onions in it.I didn't know what time it was but everyone in the house was asleep and I was starving.
I grabbed a box of cereal out of a cupboard, turned around, and there was my Mom standing there crying. I guess it really took a toll on her cause she said in this low voice ,"You get your azz back on that cot at least for the rest of the day".
I could have probly went out side that day.But I agreed still being exhausted.

The call she made to her Mom, resulting in an old remedy she barely remembered her Mom using, when she was a kid, got me out of a bad way fast.
Lets end the flashback here, what do you say?

So the boy had fallen asleep on the couch and that's where he was when she
got home with the onions. I cut up 1/2 a white onion in a bowl added water sat in the living room with Josh. He woke up two hours later like nothing ever happened.
My wife was astonished. So now the bowl, the Onions in the water are accepted .
Nobody in this house is sick. Period. And nobody will be. I've sworn by this my whole life and it hasn't failed once.
Just wanted to share.

]

ONIONS??? I am a deam man if this gets me.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Yes I have mostly all these things in my cupboard. honey, onions garlic, apple cider vinegar. Also did you know that ground table pepper is an antiseptic. Great for a sore throat. I sprinkle some in my palm and throw it to the back of my mouth.

This is how we fight them.
This is where they DIE.
On these sheilds boys.!!!
I just had to get that out.

lil drummerboy

In all seriousness, I hope we can contain this virus with simple remedies.Once the word gets out to the general public that the "old" ways work the best, there will be a real uproar with those who received the government poison

Thats it!
That's what I'm talking about.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

In all seriousness, I hope we can contain this virus with simple remedies.Once the word gets out to the general public that the "old" ways work the best, there will be a real uproar with those who received the government poison.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Now, regarding the onions, and at leat, a mild respiratory infection..the only thing i can see, is the stuff that makes yuo cry, onion acid? gets into the air, via warter/humidity travel, you breath it in, and it instantly disinfects* A guy i work wtih, chinese, eats onions for lunch...an entire onion* mind you, and he's never been ill!

"Onion acid"

As onions are sliced or eaten, cells are broken, allowing enzymes called alliinases to break down amino acid sulphoxides and generate sulphenic acids. Sulphenic acids are unstable and spontaneously rearrange into a volatile gas called syn-propanethial-S-oxide. The gas diffuses through the air and eventually reaches the eye, where it binds to sensory neurons, creating a stinging sensation. Tear glands produce tears to dilute and flush out the irritant.

en.wikipedia.org...

Folk myth:

While this folk belief is indeed an old one, there's precious little reason to place any store in it. No scientific studies back it. Moreover, common sense rules it out — cold and flu viruses are spread by contact, not by their nasty microbes floating loosely in the air where supposedly the almighty onion seeks out and destroys them. One gets the cold or a flu by having been sneezed upon by an infected person or by touching an item he's handled, then touching one's fingers to the lips or eyes.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

While this folk belief is indeed an old one, there's precious little reason to place any store in it. No scientific studies back it. Moreover, common sense rules it out — cold and flu viruses are spread by contact, not by their nasty microbes floating loosely in the air where supposedly the almighty onion seeks out and destroys them. One gets the cold or a flu by having been sneezed upon by an infected person or by touching an item he's handled, then touching one's fingers to the lips or eyes.

What you say, what you study and every scientist on the planet
and all the big talk don't mean doodly squat.
Results rule you and yours.
Like I said opening up
no one can tell me this dosn't work.
no room for the neg
btw
I wonder how CX is fairing
He must be konked out.
he said he was exhausted
hope he gets some rest.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

regardless to that article, We are all givin every means needed to combat most illnesses.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by napayshni57

Just to point out, this story that you're citing can be referenced from here.

reply to post by randyvs

Randy, not taking away from your topic, I just felt the need to point out that the story referenced in that post is probably urban legend...

I do put a lot of faith in natural remedies... and if it works, it works. Personal experience will tell the tale and I would not discount that in any way ... we are all tasked with and responsible for doing all that we can to stay healthy. I am currently trying this, as I type. Hoping to kick this lingering cold.

ETA: I see it's already been addressed, sorry for the dbl

[edit on 1-11-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Ladyskadi

Randy, not taking away from your topic, I just felt the need to point out that the story referenced in that post is questionable

All good my Lady.
get well
and you will let us know how you are doing?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Of course. Will check back tomorrow. I hope my neighbors don't hate me for any lingering onion smell... haha

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Onions are an old remedy for respiratory problems. This could work. However, if you come down with H1N1, you probably ought to have it looked at by a doctor, especially if your lungs are seriously affected.

The problem with H1N1 is that it causes the immune system to attack the lungs, which can kill you. I don't know whether the onion trick will work for that particular problem. It might be great for colds or regular flu, but if you delay getting treatment when the lungs are already involved, that might cause you to lose your best hope of surviving.

OTOH, if you're already clear you aren't going to go to the doctor no matter what, then onions are probably better than many other remedies.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

The problem with H1N1 is that it causes the immune system to attack the lungs, which can kill you. I don't know whether the onion trick will work for that particular problem. It might be great for colds or regular flu, but if you delay getting treatment when the lungs are already involved, that might cause you to lose your best hope of surviving

As I already stated I mean this in noway as a substitute for medical attention. Only as a back up and for prevention.
I am willing to bet if someone has been infected by the vaccine and
they come down with SF this WILL NOT help them. Although I may be underestimating the sacred onion myself in saying that,I just do not know.

Lil Drummerboy

Good night all and may the onion be with you...

Good nite drummerboy

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Good night all and may the onion be with you...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
S&F op
Thanks alot.

My family is from the midwest too. My mom swore by rubbing vicks inside of the nose to keep germs out in flu season. She would have us do this before going out to crowded places.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Fedge

It costs nothing, why shouldnt we try ? ^^

That says it all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join