It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can beat Swine Flu and Pnuemonia

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

It helped temporarily, If I wasn't miserable right now I'd be grateful to the onion. But now I'm having to cancel a date because I am sick as a dog
reply to post by xstealth

K Did you go to pg 4 and see the applications?
If so, How far away from Apple Valley Ca. U.S.A. are you? If you happen to be close I'm comin over there. I'm sorry, this is just tough to believe.
I mean did you just try it for awhile and it didn't work so you gave up?
Do you have pnuemonia or what?

house smelled like onions for hours, nearly all day.
See but that's to keep the crap away so you don't get sick in the
first place.
If you have pnuemonia there is a whole different application you have to do partner. BOTTOM PG 4

[edit on 20-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Theres always the old Scottish remedy.. warm whiskey and honey..and some rosehip syrup.. whiskey. lots and lots of whiskey for a cold of flu lol

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

Theres always the old Scottish remedy.. warm whiskey and honey..and some rosehip syrup.. whiskey. lots and lots of whiskey for a cold of flu lol

Right, you mix it in a hot tea and it's a Hot Toddy right? That is a good one.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I live in Atl, but I drank some whiskey last night, I am feeling much better this morning.

I did everything correctly on day one, peeled and chopped up and onion, boiled it smelling the fumes all day, even directly putting my head over the steam for a while.

It just didnt work for me, pretty moderate cold was all it was.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

It just didnt work for me, pretty moderate cold was all it was.

Ok everything else aside, you are better and that is bitchen. Glad to here it.

Now I just have to say it bums me out to get the first real negative
on this thread. It's something I"ve been fooling myself about for two weeks now.

I'm kidding. At least you convinced me you weren't just somebody busting my chops.
Thanks alot for the faith in trying my suggestions. Always keep this info
in the back of your head any way, along with my story. Someday I swear it might save the life of some one you love. No joke. Thanks alot Stealth.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I am quite determined to not get the flu. I haven't even taken the flu shot.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
After reading this thread, I wish I had known about onions a couple of weeks ago because I had a cold that lasted a week. Weirdest cold - sneezes, runny nose, dry unproductive cough and deep fatigue. No body or sinus aches, no headaches, no fever. No huge amount of phlegm. The fatigue was way over the top given the rest of the symptoms were quite mild.

I would like to share this home remedy for helping the body fight a cold/flu which has come from a herbalist/naturopath called Dorothy Hall. (Can't remember the name of her book, only her name). When you feel a cold or flu coming on make up this drink:

juice, pulpy bits and grated rind of 1 lemon
honey (a couple of spoonfuls)
couple cloves garlic, crushed
good pinch cayenne pepper
good pinch powdered ginger
hot water.

It tastes weird - sweet but lemony, garlicky and spicey but it's ok all the same. Go to bed straight after drinking this. You will sweat during the night, but that's good - it's the body fighting the infection.

Fenugreek tea is also good to promote sweating. Just bruise the seeds and pour boiling water over them and let it steep.

Soup is the best thing too! Miso soup or vegetable tom yum, or chicken & veg.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
It worked on my son who got a high fever yesterday. He is 3yrs old and also has asthma br. We decided not to take the H1N1 shot even he is in the risk group, as they say.

Anyway to make it short; the kid had a terrible cough yesterday morning, short after the fever rose. In the evening I happened to browse through here and immediately dug up the air humidifier, chopped up some onions and placed them in a pouch inside the humidifier and let it boil in the bedroom. During the night the fever even got worse but in the morning it was gone and the boy was chirping like a bird. The fever has not come back. He sure still has a running nose + occasionally coughs. But in my opinion onion fumes did something.

My husband was ill earlier this week for three days having the same symptoms. Too bad I had not read this thread yet then.

Thank you op!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hi Randy,

Got my onions and i have a bowl going all the time, and the kitchen has a pot simmering with onions all day long. I'm thinking about getting a crock pot , a small one and doing it this way in other rooms in the house.

I feel better.
Thank you so much.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It was about a week ago and I had some medical issues.

The 4 year old was upo all night whooping cough for 3 days straight. Dr. Said it was Phenomia.

Well....
I took the Onion approach. Boiled all day for 3 days, put bowls all around the house and by the Bed.

He needed steroids, but other than that it was the onions and oil of aregino that worked!

Thanks! I have been sending out tons of emails about this. Now we have soup and onion soup every other night, kids love it.

Don't forget the Honey and Prayers as well. It was scary, he almost stopped breathing a few times. Happy little Batman is back!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This onion thing is a load of crap. I was coming down with the flu when I first read this thread so I put onions in water and placed it in every room. I got really sick, two days later my 5 year old got sick and a few days later my wife started to come down with the flu.

Onions=Bull

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well I've been feeling like crap for 2 weeks so figured what the hell. Well its been about 4 hours since I've boiled my concoction and I'm not really feeling any different. Might need more time I suppose.

brill

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

This onion thing is a load of crap. I was coming down with the flu when I first read this thread so I put onions in water and placed it in every room. I got really sick, two days later my 5 year old got sick and a few days later my wife started to come down with the flu.
reply to post by Phlegmi

You know what pal, I can feel the negativity thru the words in your post.
It's no wonder you're sick.
"this is crap this is bull" you sound like some little leager who just struck out. What about the two most positive posts above yours. Try to tell them it's bull.Try to tell little batman it dosn't work.
You obviously just assumed you knew what to do . I know you didn't read the bottom of PG4 for the umpteenth time.
What the hell do you just jump in this thread out of no where whining
like a lost pup for.Do you want me to pay for the loss of an onion. So
sorry I caused you so much grief. I suppose you would like to show your
true colors and claim it was the onions that made you sick. I just wish I could rip you up with every name in the book right now. If you can't get out of your own way quick enough to help yourself
don't come whinning to me like a little be-auch. Learn how to be a man.

2 different applications people

read the bottom of pg 4

[edit on 21-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
NEGATIVITY BEGETS ILLNESS AND MALAISE.

You need to change and cheer up so this onion will work for you.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Well I've been feeling like crap for 2 weeks so figured what the hell. Well its been about 4 hours since I've boiled my concoction and I'm not really feeling any different. Might need more time I suppose
reply to post by brill

Hi Brill I think I'm gonna start posting a big headline about pg 4 some where on every page now.I keep thinking this threads done. People seem to keep finding their way here though. So Pg 4 ok?

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Got my onions and i have a bowl going all the time, and the kitchen has a pot simmering with onions all day long. I'm thinking about getting a crock pot , a small one and doing it this way in other rooms in the house

DG I am honored by posts like this.Thank you again. Did you read the one
about the little BATMAN "up chirpin like a bird" God I had the biggest
smile on my face reading that. I can't even believe Doctors charge people .lol

Don't get the wrong idea anybody I mean no disrespect.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Relax, my friend. If I was sick for a long time then heard about what seemed like a sure thing as far as a cure goes, only to find out that it didn't work for me, I'd be grouchy too. No need to take it so personally. You have like 10 pages of people thanking and praising you; don't get worked up over one person.

That said, here's my own experience: started coming down with a cold (postnasal drip that leads to a sore throat). So for the next 2 days I had a bowl next to me pretty much all day. I still became sick with a head cold, but it wasn't too bad. I never really got too congested below the throat, just a mild cough and stuffy nose. So I guess you could say that it helped to slow the bug from getting really bad, since typically when I catch a cold, I catch it bad. No half-stepping here. However, I should also note that the entire time I was smelling like an onion, I was also gargling saltwater and doubling up on vitamin C and Echinacea along with drinking plenty of green tea and orange juice and eating lots of raw vegetables. I consider that a potent treatment for just about anything this time of year. Thanks for the tip, randyvs.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by greatpiino

That said, here's my own experience: started coming down with a cold (postnasal drip that leads to a sore throat). So for the next 2 days I had a bowl next to me pretty much all day. I still became sick with a head cold, but it wasn't too bad. I never really got too congested below the throat, just a mild cough and stuffy nose. So I guess you could say that it helped to slow the bug from getting really bad, since typically when I catch a cold, I catch it bad. No half-stepping here. However, I should also note that the entire time I was smelling like an onion, I was also gargling saltwater and doubling up on vitamin C and Echinacea along with drinking plenty of green tea and orange juice and eating lots of raw vegetables. I consider that a potent treatment for just about anything this time of year. Thanks for the tip, randyvs.

Ya I don't think I was out of line and I didn't take it personal. I think you can see in his post he was almost blamming me for getting sick in the first
place. How someone just waltzes on to a thread spewing crap makes me think of alterier motives. This is a conspiracy site ya know.lol
Now with that covered, I also use warm salt water and it works great.
I think you are the first to bring that up.I like to use it when I first feel that little tickle in my throat taking hold. You catch it with that warm salt water in time and it has saved me from getting a cold a number of times so an absolute yes to salt water. thank you for reminding me and for replying .

[edit on 22-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
My teenage daughter started getting sick last night with a sore throat, nasal drip and a headache. I read this thread the other day and came back to it. I sliced up an onion and poured boiling water over it. I had her put a towel over her head and breath in the steam. When it got warm, I put the pot on the floor in front of her heat vent. She said she felt better after the onion vapors. She stayed in her room most of the day breathing in the onion, and by evening she was feeling better. I also gave her tylenol to take throughout the day. She isn't 100 percent better, but she is feeling much better.

I don't know if this is the beginning of something worse, or if she is doing a good job of fighting off the flu. We'll see in the next few days. Was it the onion? Cant say for sure, but I'm going to keep this remedy in my memory vault.

Thanks for the tip.

ps. anyone ever try putting a chopped onion in a vaporizer?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

My teenage daughter started getting sick last night with a sore throat, nasal drip and a headache. I read this thread the other day and came back to it. I sliced up an onion and poured boiling water over it. I had her put a towel over her head and breath in the steam. When it got warm, I put the pot on the floor in front of her heat vent. She said she felt better after the onion vapors. She stayed in her room most of the day breathing in the onion, and by evening she was feeling better. I also gave her tylenol to take throughout the day. She isn't 100 percent better, but she is feeling much better
reply to post by virraszto

I can tell you only what I know I would do I weould keep that crap knock down any way I could. If shes feeling better after the onion dose but not 100% keep it knocked down with the onion. My experice is that there is only one bug that can survive the onion. I'm going to go find out it's name immediatly.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join