It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do men go to bed later than women?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Puts on psuedo-intellectual thing cap. (ie dunce cap)

Its probably a remnant of our ancient Hunter-gatherer prehistoric past. In order to survive, Men had to hunt all the time in order to survive. Woman also increased the survival chances by gathering food items during the day time. Along with cleaning, preparing, and other duties associated with the hunt. Very little leisure time was allowed due to the constant need of survival. And the hunters that did not hunt at night, decreased their chances for survival.

With the advent of Farming, the constant need of hunting was lessened. And man could devote more time for other impotent subjects like making venus statues, (early poon.), domesticating animals, (exp. Horsepower, the more, the better.), and Beer. Woman complained, and then man made the excuse "Honey, I need to stay up and protect the crops". Then he stayed up, looking at various venus statues, Bragging about his horses to other men, and getting drunk.

So really, blame evolution for men staying up all night.

(Impotent was supposed to be important. But the spellchecker spazed out, and inserted the wrong word.)

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Snoring a survival mechanism? You serious? Its a breathing issue of sinuses!!

I agree with you about it feeling weird though I always find Im awake all night if I sleep with someone... plus I have an impossible time sleeping anywhere other than my room or downstairs room in my house.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join