It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Abduction to Enlightenment?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraclete1
I'm not familar with DSM IV Spiritual and Religous Problem. What does DSM IV stand for?

It is the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders and it is the fourth version. Psychiatrists get together and vote by a show of hands what is and is not a mental disorder and after time it will get added to the book. Im not joking the disorders in there are voted on the same way you would have children decide what they want for lunch.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

What is sane and insane in our CULTure is literally ditermined by an arm of flesh.

Jeremiah 17:5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed [be] the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Yeah I am saying God is a type of Alien, he is not human. I know I will sound like a lunatic, and I can 100% understand why you wouldnt want to believe me, its hard enough even saying it. I think I will stay mute....Hey if someone told me this story...I would NOT believe them, I would think they lost there marbles lol. So I know how dumb I look saying this, I am a intelligent man. I have a tat2 in my arm right now, where it makes fun of aliens, its a tat2 of them smoking....I never believed either. An abduction is wacky enough, but when one shows you stuff on historic importance, then claims to be God, you have to believe it. This is why I keep my mouth shut, if this happened to any of YOU...would you say it? Probally not, I dont want to be called a wacko, so my story may be better off not being told!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Last thing, when something wild like that happens it just eats at you like a disease, you cant tell anyone, no one will believe you, I would NEVER believe any one making the claim I am making. But I am a very truthful person! I will leave this at that, and zipper it up.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Oh so God is an alien.I believe you in half(I am still a Catholic BTW)Alien?I guess a good alien who will be our saviors.Disregard my edit thing i thought you simply said you make no sense.Now i get it ok.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by mugen1005]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by timlumber

There are heaps of account of people who meet Aliens and then claim that they made us, are going to come back as Gods etc.

The Bible is the only one that fits it all together coherently though.

I would encourage you to give your testimony, I would also encourage you to go to the link provided and do a search for the Titles Below.

www.sermonaudio.com...:%20E.T.%27s,%20Aliens,%20UFO%27s,&entiresite=true

www.sermonaudio.com...,%20Aliens,%20Fallen%20Angels,%20Nephilum%20&&entiresite=true

www.sermonaudio.com...:%20The%20Shockin

Strong Delusion: E.T.'s, Aliens, UFO's, Nephilum, Grenada Treaty

UFO's, Aliens, Fallen Angels, Nephilum & The Days of Noah

The “Ancient Astronaut” Lie: The Shocking Origin of the “Intelligent Design”...

[edit on 5-11-2009 by StopComplaining]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by timlumber

CE4research.com is an awesome link.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

Thank You....Stop Complaining. I am going to check out these links, and I will get back with you on a update, once I look into these.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

I thought Christians were meant to be compassionate and forgiving ???

So how come you have added 239 of us to your list of foes, and that includes me !!!

If that's the way God works, then I'll take aliens anyday !!!

btw...i really have'nt got a clue what point this thread is making ???

[edit on 12-11-2009 by uk today]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis
So in your opinion, something we don't yet understand (aliens, beings from another world, life outside Earth) must be categorized as "Evil" in some way?

That's what I seem to be getting from this thread..

The universe is vast, more so than we can ever imagine, and I embrace everything it has to offer. 'Good' and 'Evil' are just subjective ways of categorising things without real consideration.

I was never raised a christian, more of a pagan, and I was always told to enjoy life to the fullest, but not to let that enjoyment harm anything or anyone in the process.

And I feel great. My mind is open to so many possibilities, not having to ask permission or double check before letting my mind take whatever route it may..

Long live the unknown! If that is in any way demonic then so be it!

Dogma and smatterings of bible quotes aren't necessary in exploring the universe, both externally and internally.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Jesus' says to love your enemies. I do love my enemies and I have a lot of them.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by purehughness

So what is your opinion somehing that is deluded and crazy must be enlightening in some way?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining
reply to post by uk today

Jesus' says to love your enemies. I do love my enemies and I have a lot of them.

Well, I am rather confused, because I really have no recollection of ever getting into any discussion or debate with you prior to this !!
Yet you added me as a foe, before I came onto this thread

So I can only assume you are passing judgement on me for something I have absolutely NO idea what it is

Could you be so good as to enlighten me please !!

I think Jesus would maybe prefer his followers to make friends as opposed to enemies, because IMHO it seems a very topsy turvy way of doing things in order to spread the Christian word, which is something you obviously want to do

peace and love to everyone x

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

reply to post by trey85

I am trying to tell you to accept Jesus Christ As lord and saviour instead.

Been there. Done that.

I'll take my chances with the anal probes, if it means I don't have to live in fear of an angry God, and not have to buy into cultist beliefs. I understand your motives on this, really I do, but I'm sure you have doubts in your mind as to what you believe. I'm not saying that there was never a Jesus, a very enlightened teacher who took his teachings from his stay in India (Buddhism).

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
So this is what it has come to huh? Instead of completely denying the possibility of other intelligent life in the universe lets label ET's as demonic, spread the word of Christ and all drink the kool-aid. I'll pass but thanks anyways.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

reply to post by purehughness

So what is your opinion somehing that is deluded and crazy must be enlightening in some way?

Depends on your idea of delusion I think.

Enlightenment comes from understanding everything. How can you even begin to consider the possibility of total understanding if you immediately shut off your mind from things that challenge a preconfigured mindset?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

I was invited to india by the hindu panthiest devil worshippers. Luckily Jesus' got me out of it.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Anyway quarrels aside we have in fact an actual case study here on this thread, timlumber has had an experience with a giant frog man with a golden santa hat who claims to be God. My christian advise is to renounce this being and don't have anything to do with him.

The standard DSM-IV is to listen to what the Giant Space Frog says so that you can attain higher degrees of insight.

Do people here really think you can get greater insight from a Giant Toad?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join