It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Abduction to Enlightenment?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This is an abreviated excert from the DSM IV Spiritual and Religous Problem.

Therapists acknowledge the growth potential in [Alien Abductions].
[An Alien Abduction] points to new possibilities for the client that are
… superior to their prior functioning… [and] new realms of the psyche to
which they have been opened.

(DSM-IV Religious and Spiritual Problems: LESSON 3.9 Alien Encounters page 67.)

Thank God Jesus is my Way, my Truth and my Light, and his way doesn't require Anal probes.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Dont have a clue of what your trying to say here?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by trey85

Well the "Common Sense" of the DSM IV is trying to tell you to get abducted by aliens or boiled in a kettle.

I am trying to tell you to accept Jesus Christ As lord and saviour instead.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by StopComplaining]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Here is a good thread to understand my veiw point. UFO phenomenon is demonic and now Pharmakia/sorcery agents in our society are ligitimizing the demonic as therapy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining
This is an abreviated excert from the DSM IV Spiritual and Religous Problem.

Therapists acknowledge the growth potential in [Alien Abductions].
[An Alien Abduction] points to new possibilities for the client that are
… superior to their prior functioning… [and] new realms of the psyche to
which they have been opened.

(DSM-IV Religious and Spiritual Problems: LESSON 3.9 Alien Encounters page 67.)

Thank God Jesus is my Way, my Truth and my Light, and his way doesn't require Anal probes.

Did Jesus really die for you? (lyrics of a song
)

A therapist I had an encounter with some yrs ago, said there is NO GOD and people should take their own responsibility in life instead of blaming life in general or others for our own misconceptions .......

I was partially raised a Christian, have met 'GOD' when I was in coma, so that news was quite shocking for me.

I've never seen an alien but saw an UFO, 2 times in my life .....

Now it came to this point: I believe ALL of humanity is suffering a severe case of DSM - V, don't you think?

Light & Love!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
So in your opinion, something we don't yet understand (aliens, beings from another world, life outside Earth) must be categorized as "Evil" in some way? Pathetic

God bless science, and the miracles that come with it.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

So in your opinion any opinion must be correct if it is given the mantle of being scholarly?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta

I don't have to be anal probed and I don't have to half die either.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

reply to post by trey85

Well the "Common Sense" of the DSM IV is trying to tell you to get abducted by aliens or boiled in a kettle.

How about you don't proselytize?

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Alot of you say YOu met God, but did you? I did! And he is in the flesh. God is not of human decent. God does exist, that is why I need to get my story out!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

The clinical approach developed at PEER involves being able to tolerate not knowing about the reality status of the experience, while paying attention to the feelings and struggles of the person involved. PEER also uses a combination of hypnosis and a breathing technique as treatment in helping the abductees confront and move through the terrifying memories of the experiences.

Therapists also need to be sensitive to and acknowledge the growth potential in such extraordinary experiences. That speaks to the need to avoid judging the reported phenomena by the standards of normal awareness; rather, therapists should consider whether this unusual experience points to new possibilities for the client that are alternatives to or even superior to their prior functioning. As with other forms of spiritual emergency, therapy with alien abductees involves the integration of spiritual issues raised by the experience. The therapist's role is helping experients learn

what meaning these experiences have for them, and in what reality they hold the experiences. We are very clear in our work with them that we can never say for certain what these experiences are. This is a mystery. But they need to integrate and understand how to bring their experiences into their world.

PEER operates a clinic in the Boston area for both treatment and research. Clients are allowed to return as often as needed to integrate their experiences and obtain suppport while living in a society that does not recognize the vast new realms of the psyche to which they have been opened.

That is what it says. It actually says a lot more but summing it up in 1 hacked paragraph is kind of misleading.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Well unless you've been personally abducted by aliens how do you know they probe you? Even if you were, how do you know all aliens probe?

Lots of assumptions here based on little but superstition from what I can tell.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

How did you meet God while in a Coma? I met him in 2000. God is not human decent nor is he in spirit mode either. When YOU meet God you will know it! I can describe him, and if I can get hypnosis I can give the cure to AIDS, for I asked that question.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Personally I think their means of diluting what they are saying in subtle vague non-decisive terminology is misleading. Be hot or cold let your Yay be Yay and your Nay be Nay is how Jesus instructs us to be.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by timlumber

How did you meet God while in a Coma? I met him in 2000. God is not human decent nor is he in spirit mode either. When YOU meet God you will know it! I can describe him, and if I can get hypnosis I can give the cure to AIDS, for I asked that question.

Are you going to tell us God is an Alien?

Are you trying to tell us that God told you something and then made you forget and then requires Hynosis to be proformed in order to tell you again?

What ever your experiencing it is Demonic.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by timlumber

By the By God did not Descend from anything or anyone.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

Everybody proselytizes including the DSM-IV, some overtly and some by subtlety.

John 10:1 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber."

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I'm not familar with DSM IV Spiritual and Religous Problem. What does DSM IV stand for?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed

reply to post by trey85

How about you don't proselytize?

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

One of many personal belief systems being proselytized in this section... just happens to be a more conventional one.

"You got your belief in my science!"

"You got your science in my belief!"

However, unlike Reese's peanut butter cups, these two flavors don't often mix well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join