It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kayaker Rhys Gadsden tells of horror shark attack off Portland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Kayaker Rhys Gadsden tells of horror shark attack off Portland

www.news.com.au

Rhys Gadsden was out for a morning paddle off Portland yesterday when he says a great white shark appeared from the deep and wrapped its jaws around his sea kayak, leaving giant puncture marks.
The 27-year-old was flipped off the kayak and spent a terrifying 15 minutes in the water by his kayak desperately hoping he would not be eaten alive.
"I grabbed my oars, hit it in the head probably five to six times and it released it," "As soon as it released its bite it turned and headbutted me and knocked me over and put me in the water with it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.news.com.au
www.news.com.au

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is a horror story which is happening more frequently off our coasts and in our estuary's that are full of Bull Nose sharks(Very aggressive).

Rhys Gadsden's comment is a classic,

"It was big, dark eyes, scary, evil, I never want to do that again."

This happened on October 24 a 3m white pointer became bait to an even larger predator.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c326be85240.jpg[/atsimg]
Source:

The massive chunks were probably taken out by a giant white pointer that could easily be more than 5m long, based on the size of the huge bites on the sides of its smaller rival, experts say.

Ashton Smith, 19, of the Gold Coast, was menaced by a 2m shark while surfing with a friend off Frenchman's Beach at Point Lookout on Friday.

Source:

"It was quite close to us before we realised it was a shark. We came in (to the beach) because it was hanging around.
"I've heard about the big one lurking. Every surfer is always cautious over here."

Only a matter of time before these Monster sharks became Man Eaters.

Zelong.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
While kayaking in Monterey CA, I've seen the horrific dark shadows of sharks beneath the surface. It got to the point that I didn't enjoy going out towards the weather buoys, but stayed close to the shore and Kelp beds.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
While kayaking in Monterey CA, I've seen the horrific dark shadows of sharks beneath the surface. It got to the point that I didn't enjoy going out towards the weather buoys, but stayed close to the shore and Kelp beds.

Erm....

Don't the whites hunt the kelp beds for seals?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Why don't more of you adventuring out to sea carry weapons? I.e. knives, harpoons, guns, dynamite?

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Thanks for your real life experience Violater1,CA you guys get White Pointers up your way too I know

the shadows I know too well growing up surfing,snorkeling ,Tanks a few rules to remember, study the shadows if they move Paddle In
if a Dorsal fin appears that is 90 degrees at the back(of the fin) and has a Sharp Tip that's a Shark now crap ya self

Check out "Pinky" and his Mums Dorsal Fin's see there Concaved
and never a Sharp Tip

Now a Sharks Dorsal Fin is always closest to 90 degrees with a Sharp Tip,

This is a Hammer Head shark,4m's I'll say.

Zelong.

top topics

join