It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton calls Israeli concessions "unprecedented"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
reply to post by finemanm

Israel make concessions on settlements are you joking they should get off palestinian land all together that would be a concession but this dose not surprise me we can all see peace will never happen over there because what the palestinians want Israel will never do simple.

THANKYOU

Sorry but Palestine was never a country, It was a region. Should Iraq, Jordan, Syria get out of Palestine too?

Israel has been Jewish owned for thousands of years. Just because the Arabs took it from them in the past does not make it theirs. The Arabs wanted to attack the Jews and the Jews took all their land back.

The Arabs use the Palestinian cause just to undermine Israel because they know they can never beat Israel in a fight after getting their rears handed to them 4 times.

There are way more ancient Jewish historical sites in Israel than Christian or Muslim put together with the Jewish ones being the oldest by a long shot. Christians have more of a land claim to Israel than Arab Muslims do.

The U.N. gave Israel back to its rightful owners in 1948 and the only reason why the Arab immigrants were allowed to stay in Israel is because their home country's of Iraq, Jordan, Syria and Egypt would not take them back and the Jews did not mind sharing with them until they started their preparations for an attack on the Jews.

So Arabs who call themselves Palestinians need to get off Jewish land.

Thank you and have a nice day. If you dont believe me then study Roman history.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

lol Where have you been for the past 62 years? They already tried this method back in 1947...

Unfortunately, the Arabs didn't accept the resolution and decided instead to invade Israel immediately after independence...

They didn't accept Israel then, what makes you think they'll accept it now?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I hope you are not referring to me as a Jew hater because that is not true i hate the Israeli government for doing what they are doing not the Jewish people there is a difference.
This is why i feel hesitant to post in this type of thread sometimes there is too much anger in them like i said i hope you were not referring to me.

THANKYOU

Israel was revived by everyday Jews who survived Hitler. You have no clue of real history on who the land belongs to and you sit here, bash the Israeli government like its not elected by everyday Israelis.

I will no longer try to explain it to you because obviously your brainwashed with Arab propaganda. This is why we have wars. Guess what? We win and you loose. I have history and the oldest most read book on the planet that tells me so.

YOUR AN ANTI-SEMITE, ADMIT IT.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

Wrong site, wrong generation, wrong partisanship.

That's all I can say about this site. People's memories are short lived. Get as mad as you want but eventually, you will die and those who follow you will be even less sensitive to history. Its how humanity works.

No need for despair though, you are only here for the experience. The miniscule meaning of the Jewish-Arab relationship in the grand scheme of things is simply a pre-requisite for moving on.

LIVE-LEARN-DIE-KNOW-LAUGH - its as simple as that. This civilization will NEVER as a whole grasp an understanding of what's important and what's really comical at best. When we ALL figure it out, we will be viewed as primates are to us now.

Good/Bad/Dark/Evil - its all about that. No one alive today is responsible but we are all victims trying to lay blame. We are all fighting someone else's battle.

Do your best, help those around you, live a noble life, pro-create if possible and be on your way. Its just a matter of time.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

What concessions did they make?

Anyone?

I've read the article, and I can't see what they are.

I did see this, though:

Earlier in the day, a top aide to Abbas, Saeb Erekat, told The Associated Press that Abbas rejected Clinton's request that he allow Israel's government to complete building 3,000 units in Jewish settlements in the West Bank, and to allow the government to construct public buildings and continue construction in east Jerusalem — a territory Palestinians hope will be their future capital.

Is that a concession? To keep doing what they're doing, and to allow them to continue to do so?

Fill me in. What, specifically, did Israel concede?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

I hope you are not referring to me as a Jew hater because that is not true i hate the Israeli government for doing what they are doing not the Jewish people there is a difference.
This is why i feel hesitant to post in this type of thread sometimes there is too much anger in them like i said i hope you were not referring to me.

THANKYOU

Israel was revived by everyday Jews who survived Hitler. You have no clue of real history on who the land belongs to and you sit here, bash the Israeli government like its not elected by everyday Israelis.

I will no longer try to explain it to you because obviously your brainwashed with Arab propaganda. This is why we have wars. Guess what? We win and you loose. I have history and the oldest most read book on the planet that tells me so.

YOUR AN ANTI-SEMITE, ADMIT IT.

wow, he's one of the REASONABLE people saying he's not against jews in general, just the govt. and you call him an anti-semite?

geez, i wonder what you'd call a person who REALLY hates you. no wonder so many people hate jews. it all makes sense now.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

I think she was refering to the unilateral disengagement from Gaza, but I could be wrong. The withdrawal didn't help the peace process, because Israel didn't receive anything positive in return except for more rockets being fired into Israel... The withdrawal was a "concession", but I'm not sure if she was refering to that event.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DJAghetto

No, that doesn't match. Here's the quote from the story:

JERUSALEM – U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said Saturday that Israel is making "unprecedented" concessions on West Bank settlement construction

She's clearly talking about settlement construction.

Yet there's no mention of what they have conceded.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The big problem is that zionists cannot spell.

When they talk about peace they think it's about piece ... that is another piece of land they can take off somebody.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I agree with your opinion on the Dafur situation, I share your EXACT sentiments actually. I also believe European Jews can resolve the process by going back to their European homelands. That will certainly help.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Even Obama's Secretary of State is acknowledging that Israel has done more than they ever have in an attempt to restart the peace talks while the Palestinians refuse to come back to the table.

Is that something new? When did the US ever take another side, for god sakes they have used how many vetos to keep Israel safe since its existence?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Is there anything left of the west bank to settle on?

I mean Israel has already conquered, I mean taken, I mean, returned to the rightful owners, most of it already right?

The last part of realizing the Zionist dream will be the hardest. How to eradicate the remaining few without it becoming an undeniable fact that they are ethnic cleansing? They are moving onto more subtle methods like denying water (the Israeli idea of subtle)

Edit to add: Why is everyone so stingy with the flags? I need more flags to level up, I got all the other criteria.

Good topics get flags. Controversial ones get replies.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is a good discussion.

I do not really have an opinion to interject with, other than to say you guys keep talking because it is really interesting to gather your points of view and put them into juxtaposition with each other.

Great posts some of you.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Does this issue really matter?

The Israelis should withdraw from the West Bank, but what good would come out of it if they do? We've all seen what happened when they left Gaza... If the Palestinians won't contribute to the Peace Plan, then why should Israel have faith in it?

If Israel does leave the West Bank, then the PA must invest all their resources in strengthening their economy, education, sports, health, and all other peaceful intentions aimed at improving Palestinian life. If they take Hamas' approach of investing in weapons to use against Israel, well then expect a repeat of Operation Cast Lead. You should also expect the Muslim/Anti-Israel media outlets to condemn Israel for defending herself due to the "How dare they respond to a Palestinian attack?" mentality.

Palestinians are up against a technologically-advanced military with extreme, deadly capabilities. It would be wise not to engage it...

[edit on 31-10-2009 by DJAghetto]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'd love to be in a position to mediate this dispute with nukes.

My concessions would go something like this;

Israel is rubbish - move out of the middle east or die in a fire.

That about sums it up. Israel was just made up - it was invented on a false premise, and it has no right to even exist.

There is no justification for its existence, except to launder money for the bankers, and threaten the Arabs with nukes - and I personally don't see those as reasons to allow it to violate the rights and humanity of an entire people.

Anyone supporting Israel is scum - pure and simple.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Dude, you have to relax!

If anything, you should blame the Western World, as a whole, for expanding into the Middle East. Don't blame the people that were put there by the West. It's just not fair!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TSawyer

You seem to have some mistaken assumptions as to the origin of Israelis, the composition of Israelis, who's land is Israel, and who's land is the Palestinians.

Just to note - since Israel became a nation - they have had multiple coalitions formed with the intent of wiping Israel off that map - as they stated - and in the record.

Each coalition that attacked, lost land. Each time, Israel was attacked, they kicked ass so thoroughly, they increased their size.

On two occasions, both Damascus and Cairo were there for the taking, but Israel held up their advance.

Doesn't sound like vengeful folks, now does it?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

The Zionists occupied Palestine, they met resistance from all sides, and they are meeting resistance today. That is the full story. Keep it simple dooper

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Each coalition that attacked, lost land. Each time, Israel was attacked, they kicked ass so thoroughly, they increased their size.

Did you ever hear the phrase that history is written by the winners?

Judging by this comment and your sig, I can only assume that you think whoever kicks ass the hardest must have to be the good guys. This is a very old fashioned American view on the subject.

I know you are an old guy, soon there will not be enough of you left to support the Zionists. You had better hope they achieve their goals soon.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The Point is ...Is the belirf of the palestianians which rightly owned that land in which Israel took by force. this happened because Israel had american and english tanks and army surplus and the Palestinians had horses. They had the balls to think because they had a superior army they could do what they want a view still prevalent today. But its not just about the occupied land Its about Jerusalem which the muslims believe should not be owned by anyone but its owned to all religions . But Israel has plans for Jerusalem and thats to build the temple. They had removed all muslims people living in areas of jerusalem and have even knocked down houses belonging to muslims in that city.

On a side note God created the earth he created man and Isrealites believe that by building a stone temple it will bring god to Earth...As if God needs a stone temple.....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join