It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medicare Fraud cbs 60 Mins video - worth seeing!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

So the question is, is this just crazy and real?

Is this the next excuse for future denying and delaying of Medicare claims?

The good news is, honestly, if this has been going on, I don't think we have a whole lot to fear about Big Brother... looks like he's got his head up his butt a good deal of the time and / or is in over his head when the numbers get too big.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I see why they are concerned about a national health care program

after this kind of report.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Oh poor government always being bullied.

Those "criminals" deserve every cent of the money if you compare them to the frauds the government commit on daily basis. Big pharma and government is a big fraud in itself so I see why they are angry with the competition.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by broli]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The biggest problem is how freely these companies can be Formed, bill medicare and go out of business.
Second make it a 60 or 90 day pay system plus all checks would have to be sent registered mail where someone would have to show id and sign for Them. this would stop the store fronts with no one there.
this would allow the government to hold the payment for 60 to 90 days and The companies would have to stay in business and open to get the checks

One trick might be for the government to do a background check with photos and fingerprints of all owners of these companies.

I would bet they would find a large number at first that were ex-convicts and known criminals.

Flag these for special scrutiny and you would likely catch a large number of the people doing this fraud.

Then treat medicare fraud like a real crime and give long jail terms.
steal 1 million from medicare and do 20 years + they take there bank accounts home and anything else they own.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by ANNED]

join