It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 weeks from Halloween there'll be a MASSIVE outbreak. Here's why:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It's always fun to add propaganda to stories.

Vampire cough

What ever happened to my transylvanian twist?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I actually thought about this today...candy,yes many,many kids running around plus the fact that thousands of people are going to be crammed into bars,parties,and other celebrations as it's on a Sat. this year!
I went by the Goodwill store this am...OMG...there were literally dozens of cars trying to find a parking spot,can't imagine what the costume-shoppers inside are doing and spreading?
Need I say there will be a lot of random "hook ups" as well? Lots of booze and schmooze out here,I am staying home, LOL!
I think I'd have to agree that the notion of how it might well help to spread the virus is very scary.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I have been waiting for people to get sick from tainted vaccine. I have have also been wondering how that could be anything but obvious. This may be just be the event to hide it in the crowd.

My other thought is that the flu is the decoy to allow a declaration of national emergency. A supposed Halloween induced upsurge of H1N1 keeps everyone looking the wrong direction.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Kids are running around all the time. They're always around adults. Adults go to work and interact. Everybody interacts all the time. Halloween is in no way cause of hightened exposer to H1N1. If they're not knocking doors exchanging candy, then they are most certainly doing something else which spreads their germs, business as usual.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
I actually thought about this today...candy,yes many,many kids running around plus the fact that thousands of people are going to be crammed into bars,parties,and other celebrations as it's on a Sat. this year!
I went by the Goodwill store this am...OMG...there were literally dozens of cars trying to find a parking spot,can't imagine what the costume-shoppers inside are doing and spreading?
Need I say there will be a lot of random "hook ups" as well? Lots of booze and schmooze out here,I am staying home, LOL!
I think I'd have to agree that the notion of how it might well help to spread the virus is very scary.

it's very intelligent of you to stay home this night!

Why should any one sane mix with all the people when there's a threath?

Is there any good to watch on the telly tonight in Texas?

I just went home from the PUB here in Stockholm/Sweden and too many were coffing their lungs out! - scary! - one sucker coffed in my beer!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedtobehuman

You are correct in that there isn't really much difference in the overall level of activity. If someone weren't going out trick or treating tonight they would be doing something else.

The point that is being made here is that the types of activity involved with Halloween are more liable to spread H1N1 or any disease in general. A person who stays at home on a Saturday night is less liable to spread or catch a pathogen, but one who goes out and comes into contact with multiple surfaces which are touched by up to thousands of other people without being cleaned (I'm thinking of a bar at the present time) are introducing themselves to a higher risk of infection. Not to mention if one kid sneezes, uses his hand to cover it, then reaches later into a bowl of candy, then the next kid will get Kid A's germs.

H1N1 has proven to be weak as far as being able to sicken and kill people as compared to other "pandemic" pathogens, but its virulence, or ability to spread is something to not underestimate, engineered or not.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
There will be no massive outbreak of H1N1.

The disease appeared in late Feb/early March of 2009 cases were reported worldwide in a matter of weeks.

The entire Southern Hemisphere went through their Fall and Winter flu seasons June-Sept with no mass outbreaks/deaths.

It is hype. No more deaths than the normal flu in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
What do you think parents do with the candy? Lick each wrapper before they put it in a bowl?

Let's see.. how did my wife and I prepare candy. Bought a couple bags. Last night, opened them, dumped them directly into a bowl. Each trick or treater: held out bowl so they could pick a piece they liked. Even if we dropped them in, I wasn't wiping my nose all night with my fingers. I think most adults know to wash their hands.

Besides, there is a MUCH greater chance of kids catching it from.. other kids. In School. I highly doubt we'll see a "massive" outbreak because I licked the wrapper.. kid took it home.. lovingly fondled the wrapped.. stuck his fingers in his mouth. Sorry.. you are reaching, imo.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join