It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with the threads and constant attacks at Predictions by some Members?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Some members seem to love to claim "no prediction has ever occurred" and constantly try to to either close down threads with predictions which have occurred, or are ongoing, or just want to downright close down the forum.

If you don't like to read abour predictions just don't read predictions...how hard can that be?... Is not like anyone is pointing a gun at the forehead of the complainers...

Yes, this forum is about PREDICTIONS, it is not about some member complaining that another member has so many flags, and stars because she posted information about predictions...

There are more facts about predictions actually having opccurred than there is ANY evidence about the claims that 9/11 was "a government coverup"... Perhaps we should be constantly complain in the 9/22 threads and try to close down the entire forum, and at least it would be for a good reason...

Again, for those who don't seem able to get away from the PREDICTIONS forum, if you don't like to read about predictions DON'T READ THEM, and just stay away from the forum.

LONG LIVE THE PREDICTION FORUM!!!!...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

As much as you are correct in what you said i still can't get my self to ignore fresh doom and gloom predictions and just have to question the technique they use or what underlying philosophy is behind their claim...

That is usually were the problems begin because 9 out 10 times you'll hear no scientific backup for their claim but some smokey mambojambo and then they'll continue to say that because you don't agree that you are attacking the thread or the person who put it up.....

This is a discussion forum, but if you close the option of discussion then it just becomes silly.

This is ATS so claim whatever you want but please back it up with some sensible discussion.....

Peace

[edit on 31/10/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You make a good point if they dont like them do not read.
But you also have to look at it from there side they see these threads almost everyday and when each day comes and go's without the prediction not happening they feel cheated.
Me personally i like to read them usually a good read.

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

No scientific backup? as if scinece hasn't studied, and dissected PSI...

Some of the predictions are from remote viewers, and it is a known fact that the U.S. military, as well as the Russians, and the Chinese have had, and still have psychics...

Anyway, this forum is for the discussion of predictions, not about some members complaining that a member had x amount of flags, and stars, and then continue to complain about it, and try to imply that this forum shouldn't exist....

BTW, what better corroboration than the fact SEVERAL predictions have come to pass?...

But like always the complainers, and those who believe "no predictions ever occur" will make excuses to keep trying to claim "no prediction ever occurred."

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I like to read the wide variety of Predictions too...

however ... most times i see such blatent holes in the 'sancrosanct' prediction i just feel compelled to respond to it.

the thing to do (if you don't want predictions under Peer Review) is to put the material in another thread heading, such as fantasy or cult teachings or even the 'Stories' by the many creative writers in the ATS forum.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
IMO, a lot of the negativity surrounding the predictions forum has to do with just one source: Webbot, and the manner in which some (but by no means all) members have a tendency to read them as though they were prophecy. Typically this is followed by calls for everyone to hoard supplies and ammunition - only to have said dates for the prediction come and go with nothing untoward having occurred. For myself, I find the notion of prediction absolutely facinating... The Nostradamus Effect being one of my new favs on HC. Edgar Casey and some of the latter day remote viewers I would also place in that category, I just grow weary of fear mongering revolving around Webbot.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Whoooooo....hold on there.

I didn't say all prediction threads are like this!! For me personally it is the webbot predictions which i have been seeing across this site for years now. Somebody buys a report and continues right on to ATS to spread the doom and gloom but if you start getting a little more in to the details of how it works, sudenly the answers stop...

This i have a problem with!!!

All the other threads were people have done their research and came to a conclusion, as far as i'm concerned, are valid!!

What is real and what is not is pretty much relative but in the case of these webbot predictions.....they pump out a new one every single month and (i didn't keep a list but i believe the success rate isn't that impressive) fail to deliver more than they are correct.

Peace

ps: i predict you will not respond to this post (i consulted the webbot on this..)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
because some members here are just crazy and dont learn

example

every week we have a thread saying, wow, the webot predicted that something will happen in day X

then, in day X, as ALWAYS, something happen, minor, like some random plan fall, or some bomb explodes in some place, or whatever

but this people fail to use their brain because, everyday someone dies, everyday some significant happens to somebody, everyday the world is beeing a @#$¨& world

webot is a software that searches for entries on the internet that you crazy people write, so, yeah, if you dont stop writting stuff on the web, then, yeah, everyday you will have a prediction

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
There is a big difference between an attack and disbelief my friend. I too see the influx of prediction threads lately and those who claim to "know" things are going to happen and list half hazard reasons and flawed logic to build their claims.

I read those forums consistently and if I have a problem, well ATS is discussion website and it is my right to post my issue with the thread and attempt to get a response from the OP in order for him to convince me otherwise.

I will agree that some come in with blatant disrespect and a very big lack of tact when it comes to these issues, but it is up to you as member to Alert the staff of these sorts of behaviours so they may be dealt with appropriatly.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

webot is a software that searches for entries on the internet that you crazy people write, so, yeah, if you dont stop writting stuff on the web, then, yeah, everyday you will have a prediction

Well that is not exactly how it works but that it doesn't work the way these people want is a fact.....

Í agree with the rest of what you said, star!!!

Peace

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You say it way better than me.....my hero!!!!

I'll take my one-line post penalty now, your honor.

Peace

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Op, from my point of view, date threads are bad for the board. They make people beleive that the predictions do not come true on this board.

I think if you where government, you would make loads of date threads that take attention away from worthy threads here.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Maybe some people take them too serious and go out and get an extra calendar just for these dates so they can keep track of when they are going to die or visited or raptured or bombed or so on.
But come on you got to love them i do.

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Often mental disabilitys are the root source of predictions.... usualy these are crys for help. what many of these people need is not electric universes desire of enabling but a compassionate dose of sense. If just one idiot learns that his alphabet soup MIGHT NOT be telling him something about 2012 and decides to not post it THEN THANK SCIENCE!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
because every single thread in this forum predicting the future is a lie.

nothing, no one, can ever predict the future.

anyone making a new thread on a prophecy is just making a fool of themselves. just search the prophecy forum, threads that date back to 3 years ago... all foolish. all failed.

so dont hate me because i find these threads amusing, and yes, i will lurk here from time to time when i need to be entertained by absent minded individuals who think other individuals can predict 'happenings' that do not yet exist.

i can have a few laughs at their expense, why not. as long as i refrain from making too vulgar insults, or get too personal [i.e. 4 letter words, 'yo mama' references ]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Op, from my point of view, date threads are bad for the board. They make people believe that the predictions do not come true on this board.

if you cant provide dates for 'predictions' then they are not predictions.
just likely-hood of the obvious eventually happening, i.e. Nostradamus predicting there will be 'great' wars. its like me saying i will purchase a vehicle in the not too distant future, or machines will double processing power and workload. or a new president is bound to be re-elected.. or violence will get worse, or diseases will get worse.
---

i mean, think about it, why arent there predictions that predict Great things. like poverty will be abolished, world hunger will cease, or all the endangered species on earth will survive. every predictions are about doom and gloom, or something negative.
its obvious why, since the course of history, nothing ever gets better. things just get worse and worse, so its easy to put two and two together and 'predict' something bad that will happen in the 'future'

wake up people.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The doom and gloom in Prophecies placed here, is mostly done by people who either get a kick out of watching people panic and worry, and take action because of them (control) or by people who feel the ground shake and fear the wrath of God because they have committed some kind of sin which will effect everyone, (self important)

Most of the problem with predictions is the insertion of a date, as soon as a date is added, some make an x on their calender and then prepare a response making them look smart or clever, I know for a fact this happens because when I first became a member, I had several conversations with a member who told me what he was going to post weeks in advance to the predicted date after it arrives and nothing happens, which I thought was crazier than the prediction itself, but some people are like that, and want people to fail, it's sadly human nature.

As for predictions them selves, I believe in prophecy, I am not naive enough to believe that what we see around us is all there is to the Universe, the small percentage of the brain used by humans, and supposed evidence of when other parts have been stimulated, be it due to an accident or some other kind of event, there are many stories of people developing abilities simply because a part of their brain has begun to show signs of activity.

So why not have visions of future events? just because we don't understand it, and have not witnessed it with our own eyes, does not make those who have a nut case, again it comes down to if we cant do it and we cant see it then it's wrong, a form of self importance, as humans our little universe around our part of it is all that matters.

getting deeper into it, everything in the entire universe no matter what it is , are made up of exactly the same things, we have similarities to a star for instance because we have some of the very same atoms, even the space in between is a mystery, we know something has to be there, but where and what is it, many believe because of that everything has a link and is connected, however because we don't know and understand we instantly discount it as impossible.

200 years ago flight was impossible for humans, 80 years ago beaming a live walking taking picture of ourselves was impossible, controlling weapons in an Aircraft flying at nearly 1000 miles an hour with our brains by just looking at something and thinking about it was impossible just 15 years ago, yet the same technology is starting to be used in home entertainment in the manor of computer games.

So I firmly believe that seeing into the future is totally possible, because I think the past present and future are all connected through our direct link with everything else in the Universe, it just takes circumstances we do not yet understand, we just dismiss it as we have many many other things that have turned out to be possible.

But only the passage of time will prove any of us right or wrong.

As for web bot, that computer program just takes the thoughts of millions and hopes that a part of it is the actual thoughts of someone who knows, and spills it out in the hope they carry out their thoughts, hit and miss, putting all your faith into the one thought that is real, is like convincing yourself the World was created just so we as individuals could live on it.

As humans it seems that without the doom we cant survive, we seem to thrive on the misfortune of others, Like action Movies, I only want to watch them now when the good guys don't save the day, they have saved us too many times, and IMO we need a good kick in the teeth to bring us back to reality.

[edit on 2/11/2009 by azzllin]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
The doom and gloom in Prophecies placed here, is mostly done by people who either get a kick out of watching people panic and worry, and take action because of them (control) or by people who feel the ground shake and fear the wrath of God because they have committed some kind of sin which will effect everyone, (self important)

You left out a third reason for some members posting these prophecies....as warnings, and for preparation... Nothing more, nothing less... It has nothing to do with "feeling important", or "wanting to control others"....

I have seen my own visions since I was a boy, and i still have them yet i don't consider myself religious in any way.

Some of my own visions i have posted in the past, and again I do not take any illegal drugs, or anything like that to induce them.

I only post the predictions which are similar to what I have seen, and when I see some predictions being posted that I don't agree with I don't respond to those posts.

People can post whatever predictions they want to, and they should be able, that's what this forum is for.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Often mental disabilitys are the root source of predictions.... usualy these are crys for help. what many of these people need is not electric universes desire of enabling but a compassionate dose of sense. If just one idiot learns that his alphabet soup MIGHT NOT be telling him something about 2012 and decides to not post it THEN THANK SCIENCE!

When some people begin to realize that their stupid labels towards that which they can never comprehend is not the truth, then perhaps a ray of light/knowledge will enter their stoned brains.

Again, I find it telling that some people have to try to belittle, insult, and demean that which they cannot understand, yet they are part of a website which is about "denying ignorance" and these members don't seem to understand what that means.... It does not mean to deny that which you don't believe in... More so when there is evidence that corroborates at least some predictions...

BTW, you shouldn't be the one to be insulting, and belittling that which you don't understand, more so because of posts of yours like..... www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

and this defends all of the blossom goodchilds how?

Do you like being lied to?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join