It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron surrenders to lisbon treaty

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Cameron surrenders to lisbon treaty

synonblog.dailymail.co.uk

David Cameron's position on the Lisbon Treaty has just moved from the deceitful and ambiguous to the dishonest and contemptible.
With the Czech president ready to sign the thing, Cameron has been forced to say more than just 'we will not let matters rest' if the treaty is in force when and if he becomes prime minister. And what he is now saying, in effect, is that he will not have his government do anything to change the effects of the treaty on Britain.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I knew it would only be a matter of time before the weight of the powers behind this treaty force their ideals onto the last few willing to defend soveriegnty. With Mr Camerons latest remarks regarding the Lisbon treaty I do wonder if the Conservatives are playing the field.

I really thought (well maybe hoped) that given the Czech's stance of refusing to sign and Camerons promise of a referendum next year that there maybe a glimmer of light at the end of the Euro tunnel, who was i trying to kid?

It really is true, it doesn't matter who you vote for, Left, Right, Labour, Conservative, Republican, Demacratic! The agenda is always the same and the illusion of choice is exactly just that, an illusion.....!

But what beggars belief is that a significant amount of the population really do not care enough to take action, I will be watching the next general election with some interest to see how many of the MPs who have embezzled the nation are voted back into Constituency positions.

One things for sure Mr Orwell will be turning in his grave.

synonblog.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Cameron is just another lying sack of poop career politician. Did anyone really expect him to do anything for the people of the UK?
He is just another of the elitist buggers under the control of the corporate / banking cabal and willing to sell us all out for political and financial gain.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Quite right there is no transparacy within any government in the western world especially. The illusion of choice is there for all to see if you want to see it.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
What I find amusing is how everyone complains, but doesn't actually do anything to change the situation we now find ourselves in. We all knew this was coming and did nothing and will continue to do nothing, no matter how bad things will get. How bad do things actually have to get, before the people draw a line in the sand and say, "enough is enough and we are not taking this crap anymore".
We the people have the real power, but we are giving these crooks a free reign to do as they please, while most people just look the other way.

These treacherous politicians ignored the will of the people and went behind our backs and brought about this fascist treaty without the approval of the majority of people in the EU.

Isn't it time we played them at their own game. Why dont we the people; draw up our own democratic EU constitution or treaty and parade it around Europe. Let's completely ignore most politicians like they ignored us. I'd imagine the Polish and Czech governments would be more than happy to sign up and hold a referendum & let's take it from there.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
What I find amusing is how everyone complains, but doesn't actually do anything to change the situation we now find ourselves in. We all knew this was coming and did nothing and will continue to do nothing, no matter how bad things will get. How bad do things actually have to get, before the people draw a line in the sand and say, "enough is enough and we are not taking this crap anymore".
We the people have the real power, but we are giving these crooks a free reign to do as they please, while most people just look the other way.

These treacherous politicians ignored the will of the people and went behind our backs and brought about this fascist treaty without the approval of the majority of people in the EU.

Isn't it time we played them at their own game. Why dont we the people; draw up our own democratic EU constitution or treaty and parade it around Europe. Let's completely ignore most politicians like they ignored us. I'd imagine the Polish and Czech governments would be more than happy to sign up and hold a referendum & let's take it from there.

Indeed. The power we hold to create real change is staggering, yet we are held back the illusion that we are powerless.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
we know what to do then ! tell them we dont want this and we will have views taken.

you work for us Mr Cameron.

i wonder how many votes are lost because of this ?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kayne1982

This was never unexpected to me. It is disappointing news from where I am sitting but I had always expected Cameron to bite the bullet and do as he was told. He kicked and screamed back when the political capital was to be gained, and at a time when he needed to make sure he could keep Labour from regaining its feet.

But now with labour on its knees and the election so close he cannot just say he will go for a referendum and still keep any credibility when he wins the election. To do so would mean he throws it all away.

He has to feed us a part of the truth now by indicating we cannot have a referendum because that truth can be twisted into a lie like only a politician can do.

Cameron : ‘Oops sorry did I say ‘referendum? Sorry about that actually meant to laugh in your face... Haha’.

The puzzle is coming together and Cameron is soon to be a major player in this age that is dawning.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Instead of voting lets just not buy anything for christmas. Lets save our worthless money. Maybe have a good old riot, smash a few windows, burn a few cars. Not to mention, punch those in the face that call for "reason" and "peace"

I am sick of this damn country.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Actually, I'm all for a federal Europe, just not the way we're getting it. Needs to be way more democratic...
Trouble is, there is still so much xenophobia & old grudges pointlessly held that we'd get nothing like greater cooperation @all unless its imposed. Britain needs the Common Agricultural Policy, we do better with an integrated energy policy than we would negotiating with Russia on our own & the whole of Europe needs an integrated immigration policy. Imo, we'll face the new reality of the BRIC nations going from strength to strength better with a common foreign policy too.
Time's long overdue to get our tongue out of the back of the USA's trousers & understand that Europe is 21 miles away...
Oh & Cameron? You just wait. You think Blair & Brown were twats... Remember the 80s, the early 90s? The Tories still think monetarism works, despite the wreckage left behind last time! & what's left for them to sell off? Well the NHS, how about schools? They'll be definitely selling the post office again & probably some major roads too.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

The Fight Of Our Lives - Destroying The Lisbon Treaty
By Mike James in Germany

David Cameron, the leader of the British Conservative party, has, quite predictably, reneged on his promise to the British people to allow for a referendum on the illegal and treasonous Lisbon Treaty. This convoluted piece of repressive legislation is designed to place all living and future generations of Europeans in chains for ever and a day.

Cameron, like Gordon Brown, is a traitor to the people of England, the vast majority of whom want nothing less than total withdrawal from the Zionist Soviet European Union. I used to work close to Westminster and am more than familiar with three lampposts in that district tailor-made for the ropes that will hang the war criminal Blair, the liar Brown and the opportunistic coward Cameron.

The time for talking is over. There was never any real debate. Democracy, if we can even conceive of it as having played a meaningful role in our lives, has betrayed the British and American people. It serves only the interests of the Zionist-Jewish Lobby and their evil International Banking System.

We, who try to speak Truth to Power, are often regaled for 'incitement'. My own people cower behind the adage that information alone will set them free. I have been told on numerous occasions: "Mike, the people are waking up. They know the truth. They will rise, and soon we shall be free."

But how much longer must we wait?

We know all there is to know. We know that 9-11 was, as the Israelis have inadvertently admitted and the Danish scientist Niels Harrit has proven, a profoundly sophisticated demolition job fuelled by thermite explosives. We know that the Protocols of Zion, whether forgeries or not, have been enacted almost in their entirety. We talk, we complain, we moan, we waste our lives in endless debates in online forums, forever dreaming of nationalist revolutions that will free us from usury and the wickedness of Zionism and its handmaiden, the Marxist Soviet European Union.

Like my friend, the patriotic Australian, Fredrick Toben, I have fought on the frontline. To this very day I still bear the scars of a bullet aimed at my left shin. MI6 staged an attempt on my life in Frankfurt on 22 May 1997. A GSU trooper once forced a gun in my mouth, but, thanks to the power of the True Creator, he ran away in fright, for I calmly stared deep down into his soul and forgave him in advance. I willed him to pull the trigger, but his eyes filled with tears.

I despise violence. I am incensed by the Ritual Satanic Sacrifice of my people at the behest of Zionist Jews and those who reap vast profits from the business racket of war. I have always been a pacifist. During the course of my career as a former journalist, I have seen, with my own eyes, children lying dead in the streets, covered with flies. The stench of death is unimaginably awful. Worse still is the pain suffered by the mothers and wives of the fallen.

I am childless, but I am a brother to untold millions of beautiful children. They are my people: European Americans, Celts, the wonderful and brave fighting Irish, the defiant Scots, the irascible Anglo-Saxons, the long-suffering Teutonic people of Germany.

What right do I possess not to fight for them? What right can I claim, in mitigation of the meek servitude imposed upon us by our manipulative controllers, to say: "I wish for nothing more than a quiet life, and to hell with those yet to be born into a world of hug-me, squeeze-me, politically correct fascism."?

Cameron, Blair, Brown, Obama, Netanyahu. Gentlemen who preside over the greatest holocaust ever to have taken place on this degenerate, Satanically ruled planet: the mass murder of unborn white children. Their evil is demonic in shape, depth and intensity. They hate us. They, as specified in the writings etched onto the Georgia Guide Stones, wish to destroy us.

But they have made one heck of an awful mistake. For God fights for us. I speak of the True Creator, the Father of Jesus Christ who told us: "Resist the Devil, and he will flee."

The Treaty of Lisbon, signed, sealed and delivered by the Evil One himself, represents in its deliberate and evasive complexity, a death sentence handed down to the people of Europe.

I have abandoned my pacifism. It is incumbent upon me to fight. I wish to see none of my children lie prostrate in the streets covered by flies. I shall fight to end the Zionist-inspired holocaust directed against my people. I shall tolerate no 'constitution' that sanctions the Soviet state-murder of my fellow countrymen should they choose to rebel against the Satanic European Union.

They disarm us by filling our minds with shame. It's just fine to be proud of your race if it is listed by the diabolic United Nations (an illegal and unaccountable Bolshevik construct) as a 'minority'. When we, the true minority, representing less than seventeen percent of the world's population, raise our voices in protest, we are silenced with their unending accusations of 'white supremacy', racism, anti-Semitism, intolerance and bigotry.

They have us by the balls and they squeeze hard. We comply, because we have become a race of surrender monkeys.

I'm sick of it. I have had a belly-full of want-to-be national revolutionaries talking grand and courageously over a beer or ten. I've heard it all before.

But now the fight-back begins. You can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be amongst the first they kill. I'll be dead within a year because I'm as #ing angry as hell and I'm not taking it anymore.

But I want you to live. I want your children to grow up in a world that allows them to be anything they want. A world of freedom. A world without fear. A world bereft of the evil machinations of mass-murdering Zionism. Within the context of a Leaderless Resistance, the choices you make are yours, and yours alone.

Don't listen to me. I am only a man. Listen to that still, small voice within; and then act accordingly.

We, the ancestral people of England, will lead the way. We shall utterly reject the Lisbon Treaty: the blueprint for the Communist North American Union. We shall rise. We are becoming ever more militant by the day, and the elites are growing increasingly nervous.

Time is not on their side, yet we must race against the clock.

No more the thin blue line between us and those who have betrayed our country in Westminster, for not one patriotic British policeman would ever dare to murder a fellow Englishman. But the Lisbon Treaty provides for a thick red line. Romanian, Hungarian or NATO troops, flown in at short notice, would have no qualms in opening fire on the British people in revolt. (It's in the small-print of the Lisbon Treaty.)

Cameron, Brown, Blair and all those whose snouts are firmly entrenched in the New World Order's exquisitely sumptuous trough of rewarding delicacies have had their necks measured for the lampposts that await them.

I have the rope. Just help me tie the knot.

And you, my people, will be free.

thetruthwarblog.blogspot.com...

Tells it exactly how it is.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Amen, brother.

Cameron will be the death knell for this country.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
They are all the same, already planning my escape from this fallen nation.

Just waiting for the politically correct nutters to have the Great removed from Great Britain as it might be false advertising. Hey that might slow down the tidal wave of immigration! (joke)

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
for the treaty to come into effect, it has to be ratified in every country.
cameron said he would hold a referendum if other countries rejected the treaty.

effectively, all he was saying was "i'll give you a choice if your choice no longer counts for anything". that's an easy promise to make, always was.

there's still a part of me that suspects that it was a way to garner a yes vote in ireland. i wonder how many people saw that they were aligned with the party that let the hunger strikers die and changed their vote.

if you don't agree with the laws passed by your government, refuse to observe them. if you believe in something, stand up for it. no-one can take your power from you, you have to give it to them.

Originally posted by Bunker or Bust
Hey that might slow down the tidal wave of immigration! (joke)

planning on emigrating are you?

[edit on 12/11/09 by pieman]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
How did that Ireland vote work anyway, first time it was a no..

What, do we keep trying until it's a yes?!? Democracy more like hypocrisy

So what "power" do we people have, not a lot.. This was always going to happen no matter what, surprised it took them this long.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunker or Bust

It seemed to me that in the original referendum in Ireland there was no debate and little understanding of what the treaty stood for.

This time around, there was a massive debate all across the country and they made an informed decision about what was best for Ireland. Democracy in action is a great thing.

What the UK needs is a national debate about Europe. Not on TV but in our town halls and with our MPs, MEPs, Euro-sceptics, Euro-philes alike. Let's all raise our level of understanding about what Europe is, what powers Europe has, and what it means for our sovereignty.

To me the question that is troubling the UK is not whether we should have ratified Lisbon, but whether we should be in or out of Europe full stop.

We need a debate.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

Reasoned debate on anything of any importance has always been imaginary.
TPTB will do as they wish, like they always do and we, the sheeple, will sit and whinge and moan but as long as we have our diet of X-Factor, Match Of The Day, Coronation Street, Lambrini and KFC we will continue to do nothing.

We have become a joke!

[edit on 12/11/09 by Freeborn]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

The Tories can't do anything about Lisbon - it's been ratified, thanks to our undemocratic sham of a government. I don't see much point in a Tory government having a referendum about something we're unable to change.

But I do feel that Cameron would do well to recognise the rift in Britain about Europe and promise a national debate about whether we should remain part of the EU or pull out of it and strengthen our Atlantic / Commonwealth ties.

The Tory party is in no position to take a leadership stance on Europe, since it is as divided about the issue as the country is.

I don't have a problem with the governing party being divided on Europe - it reflects the national confusion. So let individual politicians advocate for their own point of view, and let the British people decide.

It would scare the cr*p out of Europe as well - we're one of it's biggest financiers, and a leading world player - and would undoubtedly win us some (much needed) favourable concessions if we did decide to stay in the EU.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
PS have you heard the other news? Peter Mandelson is being tipped as the EU Foreign Minister!

And the Times are supporting it!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
And just what did the poster of the blog expect David Cameron to do?

Continue to promote the idea to the British people that we can influence the Lisbon treaty once it has been ratified by all the members of the EU?

It is a small truth that Cameron has done in a big sea of lies. At least he has told us that there is no or little point in a referendum on the UK acceptance of the Lisbon Treaty. The current Government have taken that right away from us.

And we only have to look at Ireland to see the full power of the European machine. Their Government can only be seen as a lacky of the European power brokers.

Did we honestly expect any Government to give us the ability to vote of the Lisbon Treaty? In this day and age, we will only get vote on something if the ruling party is sure what the answer will be. Never again will a country in the EU be given the opportunity to ask its people if they want to have further treaties within the EU. There will either be framed in such a way that they can be approved at Goverment level or Ireland will be forced to make a change to its constitution.

And if the polls are to be believed, David Cameron will be the next Prime Minister and will have to deal with leaders in the EU, and he will need these leaders to agree to what little concession we might wring from Europe, so while I do not agree with David Cameron on this, I can see the logic in his statement.

As several posters have mentioned, we certainly need to have a open and frank debate about the UK and Europe, but will we every get such a debate where opinion is so divided and currently the power of the Government machine can be placed behind one side or the other.

I thinked the idea of this being debated at a local level sound nice and cosy, but what is the point, unless we have confident that those we elect, will listen and take on board what we the people say.

But I hear the cry, "we can influence by how we vote at the next General election" Bless. To have such optimism. Most people in this country will vote as they have voted all their lives for the same party. Yes, Government in this country is decided by swing votings and I guess that less that 2 to 3 million people make the difference at each general election, so do we really have the ability to change how the next Government will interact with EU? Simple. No.

I see a poster who has stated that their vote is now for UKIP rather than Tory. Yes, I guess UKIP might get a couple of seats in Westminister at the expensive of the Tories, but will that change what Government will do?

Simple answer - No.

Until there is a change in the way we elect and people vote, then we will continue to have a Governments not listen to us and do what they think is in our interests and I guess that is what we expect them to do on our behalf.

Those we elect, are just not that scared of accountability. If you get elected, you have 5 years on the gravy train and then some accountability. But just look at how many MPs have been elected 4 or more times? Is that accountability? No, as too many people vote for the party and not the person.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join