It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical alert after series of passengers mysteriously faint mid-flight on their way to Britain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Medical alert after series of passengers mysteriously faint mid-flight on their way to Britain

u2w3.com

Medical services were called to meet a plane landing at London Heathrow airport today after several passengers fainted during the flight.
Around six people passed out during the flight from Newark, New York and London Ambulance Service was asked to meet the flight when it landed at Terminal Five at 6.50am.
It was not known what had caused the passengers to faint so the emergency services wore protective suits when they boarded the aircraft to examine it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www.telegr aph.co.uk

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Just saw this - did a quick search and could not spot it so here you go...

It's all a little bit 'Flash Forward' which is amusing..

Here we have a plane from New York travelling to London and 6 people all pass out.

Lack of Oxygen? Coincidence? I wonder if we will be told..

The article states "So far no explanation has been given for the unlikely occurrence and a Metropolitan Police spokesman said the incident was not being treated as suspicious."

Amusing and worth checking around to see if this has happened before?

u2w3.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I believe no explanation will ever be given. If it's because of not enough oxygen, BA won't want to admit to any policy. I wonder how it must have felt to be a passenger sitting on the plane with people in hazmat protective clothing boarding . . .

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Floh

I wouldn't of thought it was lack of oxygen, couple of reasons, there are probably sensors all through the interior to monitor the oxygen levels, monoxide and CO2 and the normal atmospheric gasses... And secondarily all the other passengers that did not feint would of gone into that hypoxia drunk state - they wouldn't of known at the time, it sneaks up on you, but when they recovered looking back they would of seen how silly they were being, laughing at silly stuff etc.

Probably some sort of fumes though - must be odourless of it would of been obvious. Mind you the airlines do save a lot of money by keeping the air quality low, maybe they are really pushing the limits?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
No, this is my thinking...

I bet these folks have the new disease thats coming out of Ukraine or maybe its just a bad strain of pneumonia or the bubonic plaque version of contagious pneumonic plauge. As soon as they got higher and higher into the Air the plane did its stuff (compression/decompression... whatever) due to their lungs not functioning correctly or being able to take in enough oxygen their bodies shut down so that they could survive longer (what the body naturally does).

I hope its not though... That means trouble.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well BA are certainly struggling financially so could be related...

But also it could be tied in with an illness as most current ones do seem to hit the respiratory system first...

Or it could just be one of those things?

Most fainting is triggered by the vagus nerve. It connects the digestive system to the brain, and it's job is to manage blood flow to the gut. When food enters the system, the vagus nerve directs blood to the stomach and intestines, pulling it from other body tissues, including the brain. Unfortunately, the vagus nerve can get a little too excited and pull too much blood from the brain. Some things make it work harder, such as bearing down to have a bowel movement, or vomiting. Conditions that drop blood pressure amplify the effects of the vagus nerve.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
They probably where just thinking about how they are going to cope without obama, coming to uk.

Obama and his fainting tactics even happen on planes without him i see.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Credit to the people at Fire department who turned up with unwavering nerve against what could have been (or perhaps still is) a chemical or biological emergency.

I don' t quite understand why the people who fainted were just allowed to go on their own ways though like nothing serious just happened? Ahem, excuse me but mass fainting has got to reflect on something happening surely?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If they were adolescents, it's possible that they recently received a flu shot and fainted. Flu shots can lead to fainting occasionally as one of their side effects, particularly among adolescents. There's also always the possibility of altitude sickness.

Just a thought.

[edit on 10/31/2009 by AceWombat04]

[edit on 10/31/2009 by AceWombat04]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I have an interesting related story to this. Back in July, I flew down to California, and I felt extreme pain in my head as we landed. I really thought blood was going to come out of my eyes or something, it was so scary.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
IIRC the air conditioning is run through the engines. It`s most likely going to turn out to be a very minor leak in a line.

top topics

join