It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent interview with Dr Jacques Vallee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Great (recent) video interview with Dr Jacques Vallee in which he covers such topics as beleif systems within Ufology and the importance of witness testimony -he also makes some very interesting remarks about the Cometa report:

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Great (recent) video interview with Dr Jacques Vallee in which he covers such topics as beleif systems within Ufology and the importance of witness testimony -he also makes some very interesting remarks about the Cometa report:

Thanks for this one karl 12,
a good interview has always my attention, so I go see what he has to say this time, and I am curious to those remarks about the Cometa report.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

My, my, how we all age! I hadn't seen him in about 30+ years. Jacquee Vallee was one of my UFO "heroes" back in the '60s and I read all of his books. I enjoyed not only his views about UFOs but his interest in the paranormal aspect of UFOlogy, and his views on other dimensions.

What I like most about this interview was what he said about remote viewing because in the thread(s) here about this subject I've expressed myself in a negative, not that I'm changing my mind for I don't accept remote viewing as anything erroneous romantic reports from people who accept whatever comes down the pike. If they were to watch this interview, and others, they might appreciate that I have a famous, and one of the best, UFOlogist supporting my view.

He said: "At SRI (Stanford Research Institute) Pat Price came up with a set of coordinates where he thought there were UFO bases ... couldn't validate any of that. Most of those attempts have been failures..."

Good enough for me, Ingo Swann notwithstanding!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I have watched this video closely karl 12, listen very carefully to what he said there, and I must honestly say that what he said here and how he said it really amazed me.

I am stay away to all the controversies which is turned into a circus, into a battle of believe systems, where nobody goes out and talk to witnesses anymore because don’t need to, you know they expect even that the government has little cadavers in the cage somewhere and they don’t tell us.

Especially he must know that there were several witnesses at the Roswell scene who claimed then or later to have seen little cadavers and that the government never ever would tell us that kind of Above Top Secret information, so why does he say that at such a degrading way?

That looks to me as a kind of debunking.

May I ask what you think about that?

[edit on 1/11/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Spacevisitor -I have to agree that his tone does sound a bit 'flippantly dismissive' in the part you mention -especialy when one realizes what he's said about UFOs in the past.
Maybe the fact that he now subscribes to the 'Extra dimensional hypothesis' and has stopped actively investigating the subject has had an adverse effect on his objectivity (I do wholeheartedly agree with his comments about the importance of interviewing witnesses though).

Here he is speaking in the seventies:

I also found what he had to say about the Cometa report interesting - especialy the last page.

As for their conclusions,they're very interesting too.

..the scientific group SEPRA (formerly GEPAN) and the scientific conclusion is that there are now sufficient material evidences that some ufos are flying machines driven by an intelligence and having flight characteristics that today's human technology is far from reaching.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

reply to post by spacevisitor

Spacevisitor -I have to agree that his tone does sound a bit 'flippantly dismissive' in the part you mention -especialy when one realizes what he's said about UFOs in the past.

Maybe the fact that he now subscribes to the 'Extra dimensional hypothesis' and has stopped actively investigating the subject has had an adverse effect on his objectivity

Perhaps karl 12, but I must be honest in saying that especially after watching that old video of him again I find that a bit difficult to believe, but who knows what the real reason is.

(I do wholeheartedly agree with his comments about the importance of interviewing witnesses though).

You are absolutely right, no one can disagree with that.

I also found what he had to say about the Cometa report interesting - especialy the last page.

I assume that you mean what he said about the Roswell case regarding the lack of real hard data and such.
If I am correct is that about the chapter named “ The Roswell affair-disinformation”,?
Well again I don’t see any problem with what is said there, it is all about the fact that the military has covered it up by using lies and disinformation, so nothing wrong in my opinion.

As for their conclusions,they're very interesting too.

..the scientific group SEPRA (formerly GEPAN) and the scientific conclusion is that there are now sufficient material evidences that some ufos are flying machines driven by an intelligence and having flight characteristics that today's human technology is far from reaching.

And they are absolutely right in my opinion.

[edit on 2/11/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
Perhaps karl 12, but I must be honest in saying that especially after watching that old video of him again I find that a bit difficult to believe, but who knows what the real reason is.

Spacevisitor, thanks for the reply - it certainly is an interesting comparison between the old and new videos - perhaps he's become a bit more jaded and cynical in his old age... although
I agree its all just speculation and we'll probably never know the real reasons behind his comments.

He did make this statement about sceptics in 1990:

"Skeptics, who flatly deny the existence of any unexplained phenomenon in the name of 'rationalism,' are among the primary contributors to the rejection of science by the public. People are not stupid and they know very well when they have seen something out of the ordinary. When a so-called 'expert' tells them the object must have been the moon or a mirage, he is really teaching the public that science is impotent or unwilling to pursue the study of the unknown."

Dr. Jacques Vallee, astrophysicist, computer scientist.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But then again he also made this one:

"I'm certain that UFOs are reality, but I'll be disappointed if they turn out to be only spacecraft from outer space."

Dr. Jacques Vallee, astrophysicist, computer scientist.

Theres a good interview with him here...although I don't necessarily agree with all of his opinions:

An episode nine months in the making, it's the season finale of BoA:Audio, Season III featuring an icon in the world of esoterica, the legendary Jacques Vallee. In this nearly two-hour conversation, we'll be covering a plethora of topics related to Vallee's groundbreaking research. Among the topics discussed: the impetus for the "Vallee renaissance" of the last year, an in-depth examination of the problems with the ETH theory of UFOs, Vallee on contemporary Ufology & the media, and how UFO studies have changed over the last 20 years.

www.binnallofamerica.com...

I assume that you mean what he said about the Roswell case regarding the lack of real hard data and such.

Well,he seems to agree with the whole of the Cometa report in its factual description of the UFO problem but states that the last page (which most of the authors of the report had not seen) was written by someone else whos name has never been mentioned - he also goes on to say this mystery author attempted to misrepresent the report by taking these 'last page' conclusions completely out of context.

Don't know how true this is but I was unaware of it before I heard this interview (it would be interesting to find out who this 'last page' author actualy was
)

And they are absolutely right in my opinion.

The facts surrounding certain UFO incidents certainly appear to suggest this is the case.

Don't know if you've seen this document before but it also makes an interesting statement:

Document:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

"Sightings of unexplained objects at great altitudes and travelling at high speeds in the vicinity of major U.S. defense installations are of such nature that they are not attributable to natural phenomenon or known types of aerial vehicles."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I havent watched the video and I dont know what spacevisitor is referring to, but I have to say that there are not many UFOlogists as good as Vallee. This was the first guy to point out the obvious extra-dimensional aspect of UFOlogy at a time when everyone else was seeing space-brothers in pink overalls through the rose-coloured glasses of the 50s and 60s.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Skyfloating,thanks for the reply - he makes an interesting point here about government manipulation:

Jaques Vallee reveals from his diaries how the government has deliberately misled the scientific world, the media and the public regarding their information on UFOs and paranormal research:

"I have followed this rule of silence for the last thirty years, but I have finally decided that I had no right to keep them (diaries) private anymore... They provide a primary source about a crucial fact in the recent historical record: the appearance of new classes of phenomena that highlighted the reality of the paranormal. These phenomena were deliberately denied or distorted by those in authority within the government and the military. Science never had fair and complete access to the most important files.

"The thirteen years covered here, from 1957 to 1969, saw some of the most exciting events in technological history... Behind the grand parade of the visible breakthroughs in science, however, more private mysteries were also taking place: all over the world people had begun to observe what they described as controlled devices in the sky. They were shaped like saucers or spheres. They seemed to violate every known principle in our physics.

"Governments took notice, organizing task forces, encouraging secret briefings and study groups, funding classified research and all the time denying before the public that any of the phenomena might be real. The major revelation of these Diaries may be the demonstration of how the scientific community was misled by the government, how the best data were kept hidden, and how the public record was shamelessly manipulated."

Dr. Jacques Vallee, astrophysicist, computer scientist 1992

Link (pdf):
www.scribd.com...

Cheers.

new topics

join