It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosetta Stone Scan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Hi, I hope this hasn't been posted before, if it is has please ignore this thread. - I couldn't find it in my search.

Im just posting it because I came across it accidently, and thought others might find it interesting.

I haven't verified its authenticity.

Rosetta Stone Scan

Enjoy.

[edit on 31/10/09 by beta.services]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beta.services

Thanks for the post, I forgot about the Rosetta Stone, always wondered what is actually written on it.

the main site you get that from seems interesting
www.citrinitas.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by theuhstuf
reply to post by beta.services

Thanks for the post, I forgot about the Rosetta Stone, always wondered what is actually written on it.

the main site you get that from seems interesting
www.citrinitas.com...

Not sure what this thread is discussing?
But that is the rosetta stone you have a scan of.
It is how we were able to translate hyrogliphics, before its dicovery by the French in the 18th century they did not undertsand the glyphs.
There are 3 languages carved on it. 2 Egyptian (hieroglyphic and Demotic) and one in Coptic Greek, the latter we had knowledge of already. It was from Ptolemy V, and Ptolemys including Cleopatra were Greek.
Its the same writting passage in all 3 scripts on taxation ammendments and rules for staues in temples.

Here is the translation

In the reign of the new king who was Lord of the diadems, great in glory, the stabilizer of Egypt, but also pious in matters relating to the gods, superior to his adversaries, rectifier of the life of men, Lord of the thirty-year periods like Hephaestus the Great, King like the Sun, the Great King of the Upper and Lower Lands, offspring of the Parent-loving gods, whom Hephaestus has approved, to whom the Sun has given victory, living image of Zeus, Son of the Sun, Ptolemy the ever-living, beloved by Ptah; In the ninth year, when Aëtus, son of Aëtus, was priest of Alexander and of the Savior gods and the Brother gods and the Benefactor gods and the Parent-loving gods and the god Manifest and Gracious; Pyrrha, the daughter of Philinius, being athlophorus for Bernice Euergetis; Areia, the daughter of Diogenes, being canephorus for Arsinoë Philadelphus; Irene, the daughter of Ptolemy, being priestess of Arsinoë Philopator: on the fourth of the month Xanicus, or according to the Egyptians the eighteenth of Mecheir. THE DECREE: The high priests and prophets, and those who enter the inner shrine in order to robe the gods, and those who wear the hawk's wing, and the sacred scribes, and all the other priests who have assembled at Memphis before the king, from the various temples throughout the country, for the feast of his receiving the kingdom, even that of Ptolemy the ever-living, beloved by Ptah, the god Manifest and Gracious, which he received from his Father, being assembled in the temple in Memphis this day, declared: Since King Ptolemy, the ever-living, beloved by Ptah, the god Manifest and Gracious, the son of King Ptolemy and Queen Arsinoë, the Parent-loving gods, has done many benefactions to the temples and to those who dwell in them, and also to all those subject to his rule, being from the beginning a god born of a god and a goddess—like Horus, the son of Isis and Osirus, who came to the help of his Father Osirus; being benevolently disposed toward the gods, has concentrated to the temples revenues both of silver and of grain, and has generously undergone many expenses in order to lead Egypt to prosperity and to establish the temples... the gods have rewarded him with health, victory, power, and all other good things, his sovereignty to continue to him and his children forever.[8]

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 1-11-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Its the same writting passage in all 3 scripts on taxation ammendments and rules for staues in temples.

And much like all bureaucratic decrees throughout history...

... it is laden with superfluous B/S that has no purpose other than to glorify the self aggrandizing politicrat(s) that issued the decree.

Yeah... we've really advanced over the years. (not)

[edit on 1-11-2009 by RoofMonkey]

top topics

join