It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancers Can Vanish Without Treatment, but How?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
story link

These days, Dr. Gleave said, more patients are having ultrasound or CT scans for other reasons and learning that there is a small lump on one of their kidneys. In the United States, the accepted practice is to take those tumors out. But, he asks, “Is that always necessary?” His university is participating in a countrywide study of people with small kidney tumors, asking what happens when those tumors are routinely examined, with scans, to see if they grow. About 80 percent do not change or actually regress over the next three years. With early detection, he said, “our net has become so fine that we are pulling in small fish as well as big fish.” Now, he said, “we have to identify which small fish we can let go.”

I was reading this and was fascinated. Are we per chance overreacting to cancer in it's process in our bodies? As the article states, and I agree, now this is not to say we should ever ignore it, but if certain types grow and shrink on their own, perhaps we need to rethink the treatment process.

edit spelling

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Seiko]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Thanks for that interesting article
There is still so much mystery about what the human body is capable of doing on its own. They should study the cases where the tumors went away on their own, and see if the patient changed anything in their life style, exercise, amount of rest they got, added something new to their diet, took something out of their diet, changed their overall thinking towards the situation. Start there and maybe find a link to why these things sometimes go away.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I find that lots of people change their diet when they get sick. It might also explain why some chemotherapy works, and fails at other times. There is also the increased mental state, and the stages of acceptance. Perhaps the mental steps inside of these stages effects the body more then is previously credited.

I have no way to prove this, but to me cancer is just a symptom of a larger problem. The human body gets overloaded, and the tumours are aberrations. The toxins overload the lymph nodes, and they become erratic.

It's definitely something we need studied more.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hopefully if they can get to understand why this happens the can use that to make a more comfortable cure?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

To me the best cure is one that helps the body heal itself faster. By aiding it, and not weakening it.

Yes chemotherapy has helped save some lives, but it is dangerous to many others. If we can get more funding into finding out why tumours rescind on their own, we'll be on our way to finding other treatments.

Not all cancer is the same, because it's caused by various reasons. And almost everyone alive will have some tumours in their body at any given time. The point I think that can be made here is that we may be overreacting to all of these minute ones, that would go away, or not spread. Treating things when we should be finding ways to help the body correct itself.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

The mind and body is a amazing thing, if its stressed the brain will release certain chemicals, and if its happy will release different chemicals, positive or negative depending on the situation. I think the trick is to always think positive even if its hard or almost impossible to do at times, find things that make oneself happy, laugh a lot, and find the right balance in diet, some exercise, a good rest. With the right state of mind, and balance in diet the body can work wonders.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
They really should find other treatments that are not so hard and stressful on the body as chemotherapy. Anybody who has went through chemo is a true warrior in my eyes. I think in some cases where chemo doesn't work it might be due to the overall stress the body and mind went through in the process, it taxed the body to the max, the physical and mental stress from it is just to overwhelming for some and the body just gives up.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
There are many factors, including lifestyle changes, internal influences and possibly even intention/state of mind, that may affect cancer growth.

To touch on a point made in the OP: I once read a provocative article, reviewing a book, that described cancer as the body's last line of defense for another illness.

It sounded great, but the evidence just doesn't really support the hypothesis.

-Dev

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
all our cells in our body reproduce themselves every year,you can stop cancer in it's steps if you concentrate on that cancer ie meditation,look up a guy called deepak chopra.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

There are other treatments out there already!
Trouble is they are not profitable for big pharma.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

We need to find more ways to get them looked at. Instead of just accepting that pharmacology knows all, we should demand tests on these things.

Government grants are given to them, they could also be given to other therapies. I think people have just swallowed the whole fda ideal, and think there's a pill somewhere that will cure what ails them.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

You are correct Seiko!
A cure is usually not in a magic pill, it usually involves a complete lifestyle change.
You cannot be healthy when eating and breathing junk. Period.
It takes many different treatments sometimes to cure something.
Peoples metabolisms are different.
Why is it a stretch to think different treatments are needed for different people?
Trouble is, we are given no alternatives other than experimental drugs
and surgery!

No wonder our system is so screwed up and costs so much!
Nice thread Seiko my friend! Wise words:

To me the best cure is one that helps the body heal itself faster. By aiding it, and not weakening it.

S & F!
Must have book: "Back to Eden" by Jethro Kloss.
(Red Clover Blossoms work very well for cancer, btw)

[edit on 7-11-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Tumors are formed daily in everyone, and they usually disappear just as quickly as they are formed. The difference, I think, between a tumor and what we call cancer is the size and degree of impact the "abnormality" has on the individual.

It's my belief that cancer results from an overburdened body. I think it's integral, involving spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and physical spheres. It seems that when the body is overwhelmed with toxicity, resulting from virus, bacteria, fungi, etc..the body perhaps forms a hardened shell around the said source of toxicity.

I think the proper way to treat cancer is to provide the individual with what it lacks, so that it may heal itself. Being emotionally stressed lowers parasympathetic function, which is needed to rid the body of toxins. It seems to be a contributing factor. So dealing with ones emotional issues would be a top priority. Giving the body what nutrients it needs to produce the chemicals needed to detox would be essential as well.

I think conventional treatment, while it may work to some degree, is a step in the wrong direction. Cancer was treated successfully by a nurse in Canada for years. The formula was a collection of herbs, given to her from a Native American doctor. The herbs are known to strengthen the immune system, clean the blood of toxins and restore vital organs.

We need to go back to basics with cancer. Get back in touch with the natural cures that have been used for centuries.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Tumors are formed daily in everyone, and they usually disappear just as quickly as they are formed. The difference, I think, between a tumor and what we call cancer is the size and degree of impact the "abnormality" has on the individual.

When the cells no longer experience Apoptosis, programmed cell death, then cancer runs freely. We need to find out what is inhibiting this process, allowing tumors/cancer to flourish.

Some research suggests Insulin like Growth Factor(IGF) receptors, and possibly Insulin and IGF directly have an influence on Apoptosis and increased cell proliferation in cancer cells.

-Dev

new topics

top topics

join