It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
1. An attenuated swine influenza virus comprising a mutation in a swine influenza NS1 gene that diminishes the ability of the NS1 gene product to antagonize the cellular interferon response, and permits the attenuated virus, at a multiplicity of infection of 0.001, to grow to titers between approximately 3 fold to approximately 7 fold lower than wild-type swine influenza in pig cells, as determined approximately 5 days post-infection when propagated under the same conditions.
2. The attenuated swine influenza virus of claim 1, wherein the attenuated virus is genetically engineered.
* Palese, Peter
* Garcia-Sastre, Adolfo
* Webby, Richard J.
* Richt, Juergen A.
* Webster, Robert G.
* Lager, Kelly M.
* THE UNITED STATED OF AMERICA AS REPRESENTED BY THE SECRETARY OF AGRICULTURE
* St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
* MOUNT SINAI SCHOOL OF MEDICINE OF NEW YORK UNIVERSITY