posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:00 AM
This was posted by the ATS user ApollonianFunMachine in another thread but I felt that this information deserves a new thread. Its about the public
patent for a engineered swine flu virus.
1. An attenuated swine influenza virus comprising a mutation in a swine influenza NS1 gene that diminishes the ability of the NS1 gene product to
antagonize the cellular interferon response, and permits the attenuated virus, at a multiplicity of infection of 0.001, to grow to titers between
approximately 3 fold to approximately 7 fold lower than wild-type swine influenza in pig cells, as determined approximately 5 days post-infection when
propagated under the same conditions.
2. The attenuated swine influenza virus of claim 1, wherein the attenuated virus is genetically engineered.
* Palese, Peter
* Garcia-Sastre, Adolfo
* Webby, Richard J.
* Richt, Juergen A.
* Webster, Robert G.
* Lager, Kelly M.
* THE UNITED STATED OF AMERICA AS REPRESENTED BY THE SECRETARY OF AGRICULTURE
* St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
* MOUNT SINAI SCHOOL OF MEDICINE OF NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
PDF File from the site can be downloaded here without registration: PDF
[edit on 31-10-2009 by Copernicus]