It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Startling Reports of Western Helicopters Used to Transport/Evacuate the Taliban

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I think this could be quite a story, if it's substantiated.

I'll try and get some more information on this, but for now, here's the story from the Asian Times Online.

Helicopter rumours refuse to die

MAZAR-E-SHARIF - Persistent accounts of Western forces in Afghanistan using their helicopters to ferry Taliban fighters, strongly denied by the military, is feeding mistrust of the forces that are supposed to be bringing order to the country.

One such tale came from a soldier from the 209th Shahin Corps of the Afghan National Army, fighting against the growing insurgency in Kunduz province in northern Afghanistan. Over several months, he had taken part in several pitched battles against the armed opposition.

"Just when the police and army managed to surround the Taliban in a village of Qala-e-Zaal district, we saw helicopters land with support teams," he said. "They managed to rescue their friends rom our encirclement, and even to inflict defeat on the Afghan National Army."

Holy poo, that's quite an accusation!

The report goes on:

This story, in one form or another, is being repeated throughout northern Afghanistan. Dozens of people claim to have seen Taliban fighters disembark from foreign helicopters in several provinces. The local talk is of the insurgency being consciously moved north, with international troops ferrying fighters in from the volatile south, to create mayhem in a new location.

And:

For months or even years, rumours have been circulating in Afghanistan that the Taliban are being financed or even directly supported militarily by the foreign forces.

In part it stems from an inability to believe that major foreign armies cannot defeat a ragtag bunch of insurgents; in addition, Afghanistan has been a centre of foreign intrigue for so long that belief in plots comes naturally to many war-weary Afghans.

There are some similar reports, but nione from any respected News Outlets, not entirely surprising!

UK army 'providing' Taliban with air transport

The diplomats, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said insurgents are being airlifted from the southern province of Helmand to the north amid increasing violence in the northern parts of the country. The aircraft used for the transfer have been identified as British Chinook helicopters. The officials said Sultan Munadi, an Afghan interpreter who was kidnapped along with his employer, New York Times reporter Stephen Farrell, was killed by a "British sniper" as commandos executed a rescue operation to free Farrell.

They said Munadi was targeted for possessing documents and pictures pointing at the British military's involvement in the transfer operation. The Afghan journalist also had evidence of the involvement of the foreign forces in Afghanistan in the tensions that rocked China's Xinjiang autonomous region in July, the diplomats said.

American forces have also invigorated the insurgency in the war-ravaged country by outfitting the Taliban with Russian-made weaponry used during the 1979-89 Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, which was fought against by the Afghan Mujahedeen, the diplomats said. The US forces are assumed to have gathered the armaments during a campaign to "collect weapons from irresponsible people," after the 2001 invasion. Diplomats said Afghan Interior Minister Mohammad Hanif Atmar, a Pashtun who has received his higher education in the UK, was still operating under the British guidance.

Now this is probably not reliable, however on ATS we shouldn't dismiss stories out of hand, simply because the MSM will NEVER report this. So I'll keep an open mind on this one.

One more point to note, the articles here seem to infer that the only helicopters operating in Afghanistan are Western ones, however:

U.S. hands over four cargo helicopters to Pakistan

The United States has handed over four cargo helicopters to Pakistan on Wednesday. The four MI-17 cargo helicopters were handed over to Pakistan Army at the Charklala airbase, said the report. The helicopters will be used for fight against terrorism and to help the affecters in the conflict areas where the military operation is going on against militants in the northwest.

Now I know it says 'Cargo Helicopters', but they are not necessarily used for transporting cargo only: M-17

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0cff650a157f.jpg[/atsimg]

So it is entirely possible that it was the Pakistanis aiding the Taliban, which has been rumoured for a while now.

If this was proven to be true it would seriously cast doubt on the whole war in Afghanistan and war on terror, IMO.

Then again, it could always be some disinfo spread by the Taliban as well.

Peace Kiwifoot

[edit on 31-10-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Great find, S & F

If proven true (unlikely...but still) this would turn everything upside down!

------------------------------------------------

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It just sounds so absurd you know.

That's why I think it could very well be true.

It makes perfect sense to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Sounds about right, considering its a staged war intended to go on forever.

Its the same reason they keep saying bin laden is still alive.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This was reported on about a week ago on many different news sources.

It is true.

It's pretty much common knowledge to know that the ENTIRE world is a complete Game, and nothing more.

You can take whatever you want from it, but in the end it's about religion and pagan worship.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This news article has to be some sort of reverse propaganda surly,
The UK armed forces don't have the pilots or helicopters for our own missions, We have to relie on support from the USMC, We are not known as the " borrowers" for nothing, IMO this probably a divide and conquer tactic..

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Not really any more startling than rushing only the bin ladens
out of the country when a bin laden supposedly did 'the deed'.
Hmmmm.
Just another co-inky dink.
Just overactive imaginations, yap.
S & F anyway!

[edit on 31-10-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I knew the Taliban are nothing more than mercenaries hired to make excuses for The US to occupy Afghanistan

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
One more time “unexplainable” undercover assignments under orders of our Peace Nobel prized “elite” Government(s). Didn’t we have this just the other day: Largest Iraq bombing in two years may have been inside job.

Was anybody thinking Iraq & Afghanistan were (and still are) N-O-T false flag operations?? Sure we all know the world’s a stage, but the men behind the curtain have become pretty visible lately.

And by the way that’s where YOUR tax $£$£$£$£$£ go. You’re not only paying for the “army intervention” comedy but also for the staged false flag enemies. And these “evil Taliban” actors make an nice income, as well paid by the American (and other) taxpayers.

Ahem, and, thousands of people die from this little "game".

[edit on 31-10-2009 by CoolBlackHole]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Surely this couldn't be a staged war where the powers that be are paying the

Taliban to come over to our side and fight with U.S. forces. I hope the powers

that be originally were not paying the Taliban to fight U.S. troops. Have we now

found a new enemy to fight? Will the real enemy please stand up. ^Y^

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
S & F

Here is one possible answer.

They witnessed the military choppers during Insertion/Extraction of our Spies/Soldiers/Counter insurgents dressed in traditional garb. Dropped off to set out on their missions or retrieval. If this is the case it's no wonder why the military would deny such activity.

Just a thought.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
S & F

They witnessed the military choppers dropping off our Spies/Soldiers/Counter insurgents dressed in traditional garb. Dropped off to set out on their missions. If this is the case it's no wonder why the military would deny such activity.

Just a thought.

Yep that is a definite possibility Slayer, I wondered that myself.

It's either a load of disinfo spread by the Taliban, or Coalition Assets being evacuated and deployed by chopper, or it really is the Taliban doing their job their being paid to do.

The evacuation part of the article is most interesting, because I can see us dropping of agents dressed as Taliban, but if it was seen you'd think it was in daylight, which isn't smart!

I'll keep digging for more reliable info.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer, it rapidly becomes clear that there is an entire ****load of folks who know nothing of Special Ops.

I recall working with a "civilian" when I was drafted to go break up roadside "tax collectors."

We donned native clothing and native transportation, and only when it was just about time for us to "pay our tax," did we terminate the tax collection.

Does NO ONE recall in the early days of Afghanistan, when our SR were with the Northern Alliance, wearing native clothing, and traveling both on foot and by horseback?

This is just too easy to determine.

I'll go you one better. We also use Soviet helicopters for transport of our Special Ops personnel.

The Taliban think they're going after the more easily engaged Afghan Army personnel, only to discover that they just grabbed a Tiger by the tail.

Deception folks.

Successful counterinsurgency work is all about DECEPTION.

Get it?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I'm sure there is a heap of truth to what you're saying, but to me this sounds like a lot more than Sp Ops dressed as Taliban:

Just when the police and army managed to surround the Taliban in a village of Qala-e-Zaal district, we saw helicopters land with support teams," he said. "They managed to rescue their friends from our encirclement, and even to inflict defeat on the Afghan National Army."

It sounds like the helicopter engaged the AA and Police, and evacuate the Taliban, it doesn't sound like they were picking up a few Taliban infiltrators.

I may be wrong, but it sounds like they were looking to make the death toll from the situation higher on the Afghani Army side, to make it look worse.

I think there's more going on here than meets the eye.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I admit that as reported, this sounds odd.

I recall after a major firefight we were in, reading the newspaper accounts of the action.

We laughed our asses off, as the carefully reported narrative was so far off what actually occurred, that we were pressed to recognize ourselves.

Perspectives.

Take a room full of journalists, have a person run into the room, shout a three-word phrase while putting a full magazine in a three step random movement, into the ceiling, and then running out.

Immediately separate the journalists, and have them report exactly what happened.

You would never think they were all in the same room.

If you're illiterate, you're ignorant. If you read newspapers, you're misinformed.

I don't put a whole lot of faith in many of these engagement reports as even with the best of intentions, the witnesses themselves often misinterpret what actually happened.

That's just me.

Based on personal experience.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

That's just me.

Based on personal experience.

Well mate, you have my respect, and I agree totally.

Hopefully one day we'll get the truth, but I doubt it!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Some other sites going with similar stories:

Is U.S. aiding the Taliban?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
S & F

They witnessed the military choppers during Insertion/Extraction of our Spies/Soldiers/Counter insurgents dressed in traditional garb. Dropped off to set out on their missions or retrieval. If this is the case it's no wonder why the military would deny such activity.

Just a thought.

Slayer, in response to this post, and in honor of Halloween, I've decided to post a picture of my "Halloween costume" from several years ago:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/584718f7afa2.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm 100% U.S. Sometimes things are not what they appear on the surface.

Yeah, that's really me, yeah, I'm really American. Desert boots lower right of photo, old and irascible poodle, lower left. Live AK-74 front and center. Clothing courtesy Pakistan.

Never mind the poodles in the picture. They know Jiu-Jitsu, and are sensitive to negative comments...

[edit on 2009/10/31 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

For a minute there I thought they were either a

Rottpoodle or a Pitpoodle

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It reminds me of the beginning of the Iraq war. Remember when the Russian military had a convoy in Baghdad? That suspicious event was never explained either

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join