It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange lights and symbols spotted (uk)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tracey ace
[more

Here in Wiltshire, tonight, Halloween about 7pm trick or treating I seen an orange light in the sky, it wasn't a star as there weren't any visible and wasn't a plane though moved slightly then it disappeared, I walked 20 yards round a corner and facing another direction and seen another orange light which moved slightly and again then disappeared, these definately weren't planes and the sky was pretty clear, the most notable thing about them was they were very orange and at least as bright as the brightest stars / planets when visible, and the fact they moved a bit then disappeared.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
One word, well actually a compound word.

Hologram.

I think. lol

Nice find.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I would say with 100% certainty that what you are seeing are just paper lanterns. This evening alone I have launched 5 of them. At £1.00 a piece I would bet you are going to see a lot more of these over the next few days.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tagz

But, if you are going to use that claim, first you have to develop the theory you are utilizing.

That lantern looks nothing like the rendition, and nothing like a V or W. If you can honestly duplicate the accounts with a cross shaped Chinese lantern, then you are a better person than most.

Could it be done? One could fairly easily, but two and blocking out the stars, and being able to create eerie silence from native wildlife? Then you would be the second genius to master this hoax.

When people stop seeing lights in the sky, then they will stop having to hear the lantern explanation/thread killer theory.

If you have the time and the money, and the energy to duplicate this, then your claims can be validated. Heck even collecting and tracking sales of Chinese lanterns over the past two years would strengthen your position.

I hope some decent footage shows. We'll see.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The following video is for me an hologram
i have never seen cross looking ufo except the ones that i believe to be hologram ( there is one that writes allah in arab in the sky also)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I saw an orange orb last night and 2 tonight, in the warrington area.

I can honestly say in my opinion they were definitley not chinese lanterns as a neighbour a few doors down from me has been sending them up in the air all night (halloween party), and the orbs i am seeing look nothing like his lanterns.

Also does anyone know how long a lantern stays lit because the orbs i have seen stayed visible for over 15 minutes, travelling slowly then dissapearing from sight due to the distance travelled im presuming.

My neighbours lanterns were staying lit for around ten minutes on average and were reaching a maximum height that was well below the orbs that i have seen.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I would love to see a ufo just as much as the next man on here, but im not foolish enough to think that every light it the sky over the uk for the next 2 weeks is going to be one.

A week or so ago we saw a few slow moving orange orbs my daughter was convinced it was ET. I'll be honest and say I didn't even think about lanterns at the time, I did agree that they weren't a plane or helicopters lights though.
Then this evening we had a 'ahhhh, thats what they were' moment as the lanterns went high in the sky. This was our first time seeing them let alone releasing them.

The lanterns I put up lasted about 20 mins or so and most went high enough to be just slow moving dots in the sky.

I think people pretty much know what they are but just want to sensationalise it here.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
ive compared the orange orb to a sky lantern this evening and they are definitely not the same thing, im not saying they are an alien craft or that im desperate to believe that they are an alien craft. but what i saw was not a chinese lantern.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nightskywatcher

I just posted in the other thread you did about this, My Daughter and I saw a single one over Liverpool heading towards Widnes around 20.15 Last night ( 31st) when we saw it , it had just come over queens drive heading alongside the M62 in the general direction of the Power Station, thats about the best direction I can give because I was trying to concentrate on driving, and the Police had already pulled two cars between the M57 junction where I went on and the Knotty ash turn off.

In fact just had a thought, there was a tow truck at the first stop for confiscation my guess, and the second was standing on the shoulder about 3 miles further on looking for the driver again a guess because we passed him by the emergency phone, if they where looking around, I doubt they could have missed this.

[edit on 31/10/2009 by azzllin]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Hi azzllin, the orb i saw the other night (30th) was travelling from the direction of (at a rough estimate) salford then over warrington, st helens and then towards liverpool, roughly running in the general direction of the east lancs road, this was around 8.40pm.

will keep an eye out tonight for any more activity.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by nightskywatcher]

[edit on 31-10-2009 by nightskywatcher]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Some of these sightings can indeed be explained as sky lanterns, there's no question. But I guarantee you with great certainty that the majority are not! It's just that the frequency of real UFO orb activity -- which I believe are extraterrestrials of a multi-dimensional existence -- is increasing, and more people are noticing. People are becoming more aware of the phenomenon. Yes, I realize that to the rational mind this info. might seem ridiculous and far-fetched, but it's true! If you truly think that all the amber/orange UFO orbs you see flying around in England are nothing but paper lanterns, I cannot be more ardent in telling you that you are entirely mistaken and only deceiving yourself. Take it from someone who witnessed two orbs a few hundred feet above his neighbor's roof, morphing, multiplying, and materializing out of nowhere for a span of 20 minutes last August. The phenomenon is real. When/if it ever becomes accepted, public knowledge that these things do infact exist and are intelligently controlled, you are going to remember people like me and ufoorbhunter.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by hermantinkly]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nightskywatcher

Whatever they are seem to be flying back and fourth over the Northwest, heading towards Liverpool puts them in a direction of Wales where there are reports also, and the other direction what we saw, towards Lancashire and Greater Manchester where there are also reports.

And seemingly all around the same times allowing for travel times between the different locations, I think it is deff worth watching out between 7pm and 10pm towards the south west from the Yorkshire Lancashire, Greater Manchester area, and towards the North East from Wales and the Merseyside area.

There could be a good explanation, but no way Lanterns could travel those distances and stay alight.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Hi - I am actually the Aleister Willis that reported this story - I only joined ATS today.

Firstly, this is not a hoax - absolutely not, I was completely freaked by it and did not sleep that night. I witnessed the cross shaped crafts in the sky, to be perfectly honest the illustration on the Derby Evening Telegraph is not really representative of what I saw - it was smaller and less subtle. I saw it form my back garden, went directly over my head / house and lost sight of it. This thing was about 100 metres high, I saw one of the crosses first and thought it was weird, but then I looked to the left and saw anohter completely parallel to it moving at the same speed. They were two sides to a large craft imo. (I can understand the V or W suggestion, could be the same thing). - I actually think it was about the same height as a wind turbine? - I picked up on the crash case recently.

Anyway, five minutes later I went out the front of my house in the hope to see it again, and there were five or six of the same objects going in another direction. The thing is, I couldn't tell if they were connected and curiously one of them seemed to be flying around aimlessly - albeit in the same direction, it was like it was showing off, making random movements.

I have filmed chinese lanterns before - in fact they are on my youtube page (will5098 is my youtube name). I am not stupid, I know what a lantern looks like, I am also familiar with everything in the night sky - I am a smoker and am always in my back garden looking up - in fact I was smoking on this lucky occasion.

A couple of people have contacted me for the video clip - I have sent it to two people to look at. - not really hopeful though. - By the way, it is a Panasonic 3CCd mini DV cam, not a mobile phone recording.

If i get something I will share it.

If anyone is interested, in 1996 something entered my girlfriends house and terrified the two of us for 10 minutes with heavy breathing outside her locked bedroom door. I am not a freak, I am quite normal actually and I would never hoax, not in my interests. If anyone has experienced any thing like that let me know - it was like darth vaders breathing sound at the foot of the door (still horrifies me thinking about it).

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost town

Just added a couple of pictures in an album on my area on this site... I hope you can find them? - not sure how to link to them (not familiar with this site yet)

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tagz

I posted last night about the orange lights I seen in the sky.

I know for a fact these weren't chinese lanterns and please.. I am educated and I post on ATS, I have heard it all, if it were possibly anything other than a ufo, which would have been IDENTIFIABLE, then I wouldn't have posted it.

In 1997 my ex and I seen light formations in the sky, triangular mostly and zooming like no known earthly object or human technology and contrary to speed of light hypothesis. On that night we also had an abduction experience which some day I might post about on here ( I bet right now anyone reading this has switched off and is thinking ''yeah right'' ) when I can be bothered to take the jibes or have the time to bother replying.

Whichever these things are they sure the hell aren't lanterns, or planes or weather stations.

These orange lights I seen were more orb than star, like a big glowing star that moves and weren't in any formation.

The 1997 incident was also in Wiltshire, in Avebury, which is a famous stone circle and the ones last night aren't far from there either.

People, including recently 3 60+ year olds reported to the police seeing aliens in Avebury and many many reportings around the area and crop circles and the like too.

For people that deny their existence or making lanterns an excuse, think about it realistically, chances are, statistically that there is higher intelligence than humans and life on other planets / galaxies/ universes and the fact that people in their at least hundreds of thousands believeor have witnessed these things and there are now even forums on such things must at least prove something.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by theabsolutetruth]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hi all,

Well now that I see this report I have to comment on something. I live in Costa Rica, on Friday around 4:30 pm Costa Rica time I was driving from the office with a co-worker and we saw an orange light, it seems to be falling from the sky towards the mountains, but was still high up, it was an orange ball (seemed like something was on fire) and had like a trail of smoke, we both saw that, and we were wondering what was it, I tried to take a video with my phone but Iwas driving and nothing was coming on the screen (the object being so far up). The first thing that came to our minds was that was probably a plane (so we were saying OMG) mostly because we clearly saw the trail of smoke, thinking that we were gonna see a report on the news later on but nothing about that on the news, so I kept thinking what could have been. I kept driving, because all of a sudden there was a building covering the light, but when we passed the building the light was not there anymore.
Just to describe what I saw, was an orange round light with a trail of smoke that seemed to be going down at a slow pace (like if it was an airplane that was in trouble and was coming down slowly) and all of a suddden fell off or something happened because we couldnt see it anymore.
I sincerely don't know what it was, since nothing was reported on the news, was either a meteorite (though very unlikely because was coming down slowly), not sure if was the same object that ppl saw in the UK.

Sorry for my English

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Avebury

Avebury

video.aol.com...
this video isn't mine though is in exactly the same place as an incident of light formations I seen in 1997 and is similar though the ones I seen darted around the sky soooo fast, appearing and reappearing in formation then zoomed down on us and after a time lapse where we couldn't remember, we drove home, it was dark in the early hours for a 10 minute drive, we were followed by a light above and behind us which engulfed the car, an owl, or at least looked exactly like an owl flew at our car and then the car was elevated then the next thing we knew we woke up in the drive at home in the car, the car parked between 2 other cars that were there before ours and it was hours later, it was daylight. There were hours unaccounted for and since then have both remembered or had revealed to us it was an abduction experience.

Nasa
this is practically exactly as we seen in 1997 only from the ground, especially at the end of this video where there is a triangular light formation, the ones we seen were zooming around, probably around 3 to 6 at any one time, zooming in and out and forming triangular shapes.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost town

Sorry i missed you there but welcome and thanks for posting.
Definitely cannot be blamed on swamp gases from Megaloughton (meg of the lantern) lane.Although i have seen that phenomenon before.
I dont know what to think other than the black triangular craft having another look at the goings on in that area.
Another place that triangle visited was the Meteor centre according to friends.Did you hear of that visit,are you familiar with the sightings of the triangular craft in the 90`s?
Thanks

Apologies for the mobile phone comment i was judging you by my own standards there.
I am looking at the pictures right now but i am no expert thats for sure.That red in the picture is that a part of the object,if so did it look different to the naked eye or was it not visible at all?I ask this because i have taken photos of things before and something else has appeared alongside that i did not see originally.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by tracey ace]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Hi Tracey Ace

Well, I am familiar with the black triangle object, I have seen a few pics etc. It sure is feasible that it could be one of those. There could well have been a third cross shape to form a triangle. In fact when the objects flew back, all but one seem to be in a fixed shape.

The image you looked at shows the second sighting, when I saw five or six cross shapes - its a still from my video camera so the quality isnt that good. But looking at a few different images over a few different seconds, there are quite a few of those red shapes in the sky, whatever I saw did not look like that red blob, they were more distinct like the shape of a cross bow.

I am hopeful that whatever it was will return for another visit, means I am smoking more cigarettes out the back, but needs must etc!

Cheers

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

This is my vidoe of lanterns over derby - I saw nothing like this!!

By the way, I got a standard response letter from the MoD today saying they dont investigate these sightings etc etc. Nonsense.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Ghost town]

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Ghost town]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join