It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liquid (water?) flows on Mars Now!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

There are a lot of these features on Mars:

Slope streak formation is among the few known processes currently active on Mars. While their mechanism of formation and triggering is debated, they are most commonly believed to form by downslope movement of extremely dry sand or very fine-grained dust in an almost fluidlike manner (analogous to a terrestrial snow avalanche) exposing darker underlying material.

Other ideas include the triggering of slope streak formation by possible concentrations of near-surface ice or scouring of the surface by running water from aquifers intercepting slope faces, briny liquid flows, dry granular flow, mixed water-dust flows, and/or hydrothermal activity.

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Then there is LIQUID WATER on Mars?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Yes, that's one of the possibilities, and some scientists have been talking about that for some time.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

One interpretation of the dark streaks is that subsurface liquid water breaks through the surface and flows down the slope for a while before it evaporates. But as the quote says, there are other interpretations which do not require water. None of them include the existence of water on the surface for more than very short periods of time. No liquid water has been observed on the surface of Mars.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I have seen many images like the OP's and the one thing that I find odd is the way these dark water (or other liquid) marks spread out from the source. At least I am assuming that is the direction this stuff is moving.

When water flows down a decline here on Earth it starts from a wide area and moves towards a single spot. These seem to be doing the opposite. This would seem to indicate that the liquid is under some pressure either from an artesian aquifer or some intense underground heating.

In either case the liquid is shooting up from the source and then flowing out over a relatively flat area. From the images, I see a downward slope yet the liquid is still fanning outward more like the spray from a spray can nozzle.

Originally posted by Adamus
These photos could be of water rising to the surface, sublimating as it is ejected and then blown downwind, leaving behind mineral deposits at ground level.

Perhaps this material is heated to liquid temperatures underground then it sprays out and sublimates at the surface due to a lack of atmospheric pressure. Once it cools after a quick sublimation it falls back to the surface as liquid and leaves these marks. A huge geyser effect over a large area might temporarily raise the atmospheric pressure enough to support liquid (muddy) water for a brief time.

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Any liquid water that may somehow itself on the surface of Mars would very quickly turn into a gas. Even if Mars was warm enough for liquid water, there is not enough air pressure to keep water in its liquid state.

This is what I was thinking but maybe the atmospheric pressure of Mars changes over time. I don't think anyone really understands why Mars' atmosphere is so thin and why Venus' is so thick.

Is there a chemistry reason that the salt would help resist evaporation?

There is a maximum dilution point for salt in water. Most water would evaporate at a normal rate until this point is crossed and then you would get moist salty mud. This would slow evaporation down but then material like that wouldn't flow like a liquid any longer

[edit on 11/7/2009 by Devino]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
I have seen many images like the OP's and the one thing that I find odd is the way these dark water (or other liquid) marks spread out from the source. At least I am assuming that is the direction this stuff is moving.
That's one of the reasons some people think it's some kind of dust, that behaviour is normal for dust flowing down hill.

And I don't think that this is some liquid under pressure being sprayed, there are no signs of that.

PS: I think that water flowing down hill can also spread instead of making a thinning stream, I think I have seen a photo of that here on Earth.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The source of the liquid flow

And some strange objects along the flowing

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Official Source: Lunar and Planetary Institute in Houston, Texas.
"SURELY MARS WAS WET AND HUMID!"
www.disclose.tv... 1

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

It seems that way. A very long time ago.

The warping of the Martian rock has hidden clear evidence of the oceans, which in any case have been gone for at least 2 billion years.

www.space.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Something is remained under the surface, Phage.

Sometime, something succeeds to exit on the surface.

There is Methane, Ice and if there is water....then....

Soon on this screens...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Yes, it's possible that liquid water is sealed under the surface. Yes, it's possible that it might sometimes break through to the surface. There is much speculation about that.

No, it is not possible for it to exist on the surface for more than very brief periods. I'm glad you agree.

You seem to imply that I do not believe there is a possibility that evidence of life may be found on Mars. You are wrong. I have never denied that possibility.

[edit on 11/24/2009 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I know your professionality and correctness, Phage.

I trust in your correctness, and hope that when you see something anomalous you could say: "Yes this is an Anomaly".

Sometimes you are "the man that broke the dreams" but you are a great researcher.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Deleted post -- sorry

[edit on 11/25/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
And Today This: Martian meteorite surrenders new secrets of possible life!
spaceflightnow.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
spaceflightnow.com...

My opinion is ALH84001 was not found by the 2 scientist in Antarctica but it was

physically brought back from a secret human mission from Mars back to Earth.

When studying the rock it has stored information on a micro level. Many will call

this insane but hold on to your hats. ^Y^

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by amari

Originally posted by Imagir
spaceflightnow.com...

My opinion is ALH84001 was not found by the 2 scientist in Antarctica but it was

physically brought back from a secret human mission from Mars back to Earth.

When studying the rock it has stored information on a micro level. Many will call
this insane but hold on to your hats. ^Y^

I don't know.

But in my opinion 12.000/13.000 years ago something of huge and terrible happend in our solar system. Maybe an "ELE" Event.

On Earth THE FLOOD and on Mars an HUGE CATACLYSM: the terrible impact of a comet or asteroids that they have blown up beyond the Martian atmosphere rocks and provoked a cataclysm to the comparison of which the Flood on the planet Earth is nothing. An "Extintion Level Event".

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Update:
Martian water may have flowed as slurries of mud.
A recent NASA report has suggested that Martian water most likely flowed as slurries of mud rather than trickling streams. According to ABC News, the report, which compared signs of recent water activity in gullies on Mars with similar deposits on Earth, has implications for searching for evidence of water on the red planet. It could also indicate whether Mars has had liquid water within the last decade.

www.discoveryon.info...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I found other topic in this section about liquid water on Mars which was not so promising like this and I post there very interesting photo with evidence of liquid water on Mars. I have own reason I don't want to post that photo in this topic to but If you are interested in landscape photos from the ground of rocky surface shaped by water in recent time look that promising photo in that other thread. Later I would explain something more but I wonder what a conclusion you could give by your own.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by odyseusz

Thanks, Odyseusz.

I'm agreed whit you. There was water on the martian surface recently and from the latest news "Water still flowing on Mars". (not millions years ago).

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
In fact I can't give you the evidence that water flew on Mars recently and it would be hard to prove this using this photo I posted in that other topic because it was fake photo that I made on the Sahara. I don't want to write twice why I did that so if someone is interested then go there and read my post. No one even considered that I post a fake photo. It's frightening. How could we believe in anything?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join