It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: welcome to the Borg Collective

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This issue have come up very recently, and I feel that I have to address it.

Now, if we take the alleged goody-goody 2012 outcome scenarios by say Ivan Stein, David Wilcock, George Kavasilas, Drunvalo Melchizedek and other 2012 Prophets and really take a look at them, well they have one thing in common:

In 2012, you will have to give up your identity. Entirely.

Well, let's just pretend for a moment that all those goody-goody 2012 outcome scenarios by those above-mentioned people come true. Then, the post-2012 world will be something like this:

1) in 2012, you will become a Light Being and you will no longer be separate from other beings - you mind and consciousness will be a part of the One Collective Consciousness, you will become ONE.

Oh yay! From now on, you will have to share your innermost intimate thoughts, dreams and desires with everyone. You cannot be private anymore. Your innermost core of your mind will become a PUBLIC PROPERTY. Say good-bye to your individuality. Welcome to the Borg Collective.

2) in 2012, your identity will become a part of Collective Identity of Light Beings.

Hooray! Forget who you are and what you are, it doesn't matter anymore. Abandon your entire identity, you are no longer an individual - you are a part of the Collective.

3) in 2012, no one will seek more that another person. Everyone will equally have everything.

Oh yay. Forget about achieving your dreams or striving for your goals. It won't matter anymore, because thriving and developing won't matter anymore. Welcome to the eternal passivity.

4) in 2012, you will become 100% telepathic.

Nice. Now, EVERYONE can read your thoughts.

5) in 2012, you will grow your own food and live in communities and take care of each other.

Yay. Even thought you value your privacy, you will be forced to live in a community, take care of other people's kids and be with other humans 24/7.

Well, go on flame me. Call me spiritually undeveloped. Shoot the one-day-you-will-understand-it-Mulder remarks.

But suddenly, all the goody-goody 2012 outcome scenarios started to look like the Borg Collective.

2012 - say good-bye to your individuality. Welcome to the Borg Collective.

Peace,
Mulder

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
That's one way of interpreting what's believed to be about to happen.

Imagine if no matter how far you travelled, you could never run into a stranger. Imagine what it would be like, as soon as you met someone, to know them like you'd spent your entire life with them. Imagine knowing enough about that person instantly to be able to confidently and without hesitation or risk give them your absolute trust, in the same way you can only now trust perhaps a handful of people, perhaps only 1, perhaps none. Imagine never again having problems communicating an idea to the people around you. Imagine how much more you can get done when the people around you can help you think about a problem without needing online collaboration networks. Imagine never again having to worry about what's happening to a loved one, or being alone, or being lost, or being out of touch of the people who can help you.

I've never had children, and won't, but the entire process fascinates me. All of my friends who've become fathers have told me about how worried they were beforehand, how they weren't sure if they were ready for becoming a father, they weren't sure about how to juggle being a parent and still giving priority to all of those things that have been important to you your entire life. And then, that first moment when they see their new born child, there's a complete and all-encompassing change in themselves. Priorities change, outlooks change, what was once scary is now amazingly safe, what was once alien is now familiar.

One man's Borg is another man's Bliss.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I think something incredible will happen before 2012.
With all the forecasts, projections, and goals in finance, government, military that are long after 2012, it seems like just another 4 quarters as they call it\ (1 year)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Let me ask you something. What goals on this planet are really worth anything? Striving for more money and power to make yourself more comfortable? Is that really the point of our lives?

If so, its just so incredibly tragic.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Mulder I only read your post and not any others in the thread

You could be right! the borg theory was an interesting one ever since the first thread regarding it popped up -- On the other hand You could be wrong! I personally have no idea which -- I would definitely rather not be duped into *HEY* wait a minute

This reminds me of that futurama movie BEAST with a billion backs

but yea no flame here

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

What happened to being positive about 2012?

You wrote this thread recently telling people to be positive and not be negative about 2012.www.abovetopsecret.com...

The people you mention in the OP appear to be doing this, they do not subscribe to the Dooms Day scenarios that plague the topic.
Yet here you are painting them as a negative. WTF?

So what is it now Dude? Spreading fear about those that are being positive?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
There's absolutely nothing wrong with exploring both possibilities to see which convinces you more. In fact, I think if more people took that approach the world would be a different place. We cannot deny the possibility of negative events even within a positive outlook.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Great Fox, so I cant have dirty thoughts any more, bummer.
Well, I cant grow own food, as it is illagel in some places on earth, I bet it will be global ban on growing things, must think of the Warming that Gore is talking about.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Do you perhaps have some lifelong secret that you are so scared of it ever coming out?

There is no privacy today either if you haven't noticed.
Uncle Sam knows exactly where you go, what you eat, who you see, what you watch on tv, which websites you visit, etc etc etc...

Yes, you can lock yourself up in your home and never go out but that is hardly an alternative if you ask me.

The only major difference between how it is now and the future you portray in your OP is that TBTB won't be able to hold any secrets from us. Which is a good thing, considering we are kept in the dark about what is really going on.

I try to always speak my truth (sorry, it's the only one I know) and hold no secrets. I don't care if everyone on this planet would know everything about me, I honestly wouldn't.

Some more honesty from others would be a welcome change though.

I would take your 'Borg' scenario over the current situation anytime.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It's also worth considering that hand in hand with this open access to everything will be the disappearance of judgement and suspicion. We've been trained to believe that so many of our thoughts and impulses are wrong and dirty, we've even been conned into loathing ourselves and being ashamed of our bodies to the point where many of us put great effort into ensuring that nobody sees us naked unless they absolutely have to.

You're looking at a dynamic that will exist free of shame and recrimination while you're still in a state of shame and discrimination. We can't imagine what life would be like without shame, so we fear a life free of it.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

Not only that but it would most likely mean the end of war and indifference. A lot of the hardship that goes on in the world is caused by people misinterpreting each other's words and beliefs. If we were to become telepathic then a whole new level of understanding would unfold.

Giving up the little privacy we have left (aside from my thoughts there is really none left at all) in exchange for peace on Earth and true brotherhood within the human race? A very, very, very small sacrifice as far as I'm concerned.

You give only your own thoughts and knowledge but get everyone else's in return. Now that's what I call a good deal.

Too bad most people still only care about themselves.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
All you're really doing is sharing with everyone around you what it is that makes you unique, which is in truth our greatest treasure, and should be shared.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Assuming this "shift" actually happens, I don't think our identities are what we will lose. I believe that it will be our egos. The thing that makes us fearful, manipulative & judgemental.
The world we live in now is dominated by egos & it's not a pretty sight.

But considering what a huge shift in consciousness this would be, it's really pointless to ponder what it would be like.
It's like a fish trying to imagine growing legs & running around on land.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro

You wrote this thread recently telling people to be positive and not be negative about 2012.www.abovetopsecret.com...

its my opinion the author thought hard & deep about the 'supposed' positive outcomes of the 2012 event & discovered that one person's positive is not Absolutely Positive

the 'oneness' of collective thought is wayyy different than, say, parental Love-oneness.
the 'unity' as laid out by those other starry eyed new-agers...is not so much a comradre experience as it is a Hive-Mind/Borg 'Unity'

My Utopia can very well be others Dystopia, is the realization we can blather about rhetorically, till the cows come home.

So... lets tolerate the Armegeddon~ish eschatology as being 'the normal outlook for 85% of humanity
( 85% being those who also accept organized religion as their worldly view)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Chill my man! Don't let these clowns get under your skin. It's not even worth a rebuttal. None of this crap is going to happen. Just kick back, put up your feet and let the day come and go.

Then we can laugh and point our fingers in scorn as these whack jobs go the way (oblivion) of Blossom Goodchild. Remember her?

IRM

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Chill my man! Don't let these clowns get under your skin. It's not even worth a rebuttal. None of this crap is going to happen. Just kick back, put up your feet and let the day come and go.

Then we can laugh and point our fingers in scorn as these whack jobs go the way (oblivion) of Blossom Goodchild. Remember her?

IRM

Could you provide me with any hard evidence to support your claim that none of this is going to happen? We've got a world of religious and spiritual beliefs shared by people all over the globe going back as far as we can remember to back up our claim. Care to provide some actual evidence that it's all nonsense?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Well we are already part of the collective consciousness (subconsciously), and we are already one with the universe, at least deep within us, but most people are unaware of that interconnectedness. We are Borgs already.
When everybody reaches the same level of awareness, it would ultimately change our perception in a positive way, it may go further than that, reality would reconstruct itself based on the given state of awareness, and maybe, our physical body and the material world would become obsolete.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Clairaudience]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clairaudience
When everybody reaches the same level of awareness, it would ultimately change our perception in a positive way, it may go further than that, reality would reconstruct itself based on the given state of awareness, and maybe, our physical body and the material world would become obsolete.

Sort of a transcendental 100 monkey's syndrome!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Looking at it like that..if that happens..it sucks!

still better than earth..though..right?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by atlasastro

its my opinion the author thought hard & deep about the 'supposed' positive outcomes of the 2012 event & discovered that one person's positive is not Absolutely Positive

Indeed, St Udio, I am exploring both possibilities now.

I still remain optimistic, but I also try to look at 2012 from both sides. I believe that there is much more to the subject than labeling it Good or Bad.

Peace,
Mulder

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join